Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:03 PM
johnnylaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please

I posted this on the Exceed page as well, I have a Forza which is basically the same thing as the Tornado. I thought maybe someone over hear might have some additional ideas for me.

1. I have severe rear wheel hop when accelerating. Thought it was because of bent drive shafts, changed them , still hopping. Could it be weak shocks?

2. Is there other shocks from other brand rc's that are tougher, last longer and are compatible with the Forza or Tornado? These stock shocks seem to blow out way too quick. Any differance with the after market aluminum shocks?

3. Just put in the single speed gear box, got tired of messing with 2 speed. I noticed the single speed tranny is a little shorter than the 2 speed. The dogbone front driveshaft is too short and flys out while driving. What kind of fix is there for that? I tried moving the drive cups out a little, that worked for a while untile the grub screw came loose and the dogbone and cup went flying off the front gearbox.

4. how are you guys keeping those grub screws from coming loose. I have tried to tighten the heck out of them, then the head strips out. Tried locktite, no dice.

I love this little buggy, just need to work out the bugs. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:14 PM
5lagd

Default RE: Help please

ORIGINAL: johnnylaw

I posted this on the Exceed page as well, I have a Forza which is basically the same thing as the Tornado. I thought maybe someone over hear might have some additional ideas for me.

1. I have severe rear wheel hop when accelerating. Thought it was because of bent drive shafts, changed them , still hopping. Could it be weak shocks?

2. Is there other shocks from other brand rc's that are tougher, last longer and are compatible with the Forza or Tornado? These stock shocks seem to blow out way too quick. Any differance with the after market aluminum shocks?

3. Just put in the single speed gear box, got tired of messing with 2 speed. I noticed the single speed tranny is a little shorter than the 2 speed. The dogbone front driveshaft is too short and flys out while driving. What kind of fix is there for that? I tried moving the drive cups out a little, that worked for a while untile the grub screw came loose and the dogbone and cup went flying off the front gearbox.

4. how are you guys keeping those grub screws from coming loose. I have tried to tighten the heck out of them, then the head strips out. Tried locktite, no dice.

read my comments on the Exceed support forum.lol
Old 04-04-2008, 10:21 PM
johnnylaw

Lol, thanks ldgasp.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:15 PM
rc rock

1) yes it could stock shocks of the forza suck

2) the after market alluminum ones are great, and they are rebuildable.

3) send clermont a message and ask if he has the shockwave driveshafts in stock, if yes order them

4) locktite seems to work for me[&o]
Old 04-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Redharris

could also be that your foam inserts have worn out and bunched up inside the tires.
This happened to my Volcano.Tires gott out of balance. All 4 wheels hopped severely above 1/2 throttle.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:02 AM
johnnylaw

thanks for all the info
Old 04-05-2008, 09:53 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: johnnylaw

1. could be the shocks are too loose or the foam in the tires

2. HPI nitro mt,mt2 shocks should work fine

3. the tran's should be exactly the same size, i am suprised to hear that, best thing is to put a sliver of fuel tubing in the drive cup to take up the slack, just enough so there is a little play in the drive cup.

4. i use blue loctite and make sure you have a good allen wrench set.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:55 PM
johnnylaw

I was suprised as well, the space is enough for the dogbone to slip out of the joint. I'm gonna try the shockwave front dogbone, looks like it is a bit longer.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:40 PM
johnnylaw

ORIGINAL: rc rock

1) yes it could stock shocks of the forza suck

2) the after market alluminum ones are great, and they are rebuildable.

3) send clermont a message and ask if he has the shockwave driveshafts in stock, if yes order them

4) locktite seems to work for me[&o]
I ordered the alluminum shocks, do you know where can I find the rebuild kit for them?
Old 04-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Redharris

doesnt Redcat have a rebuild kit?
Those Shocks are SUPPOSED to be rebuidalble, so they MUST have a kit, or at least parts.....

I bet you could find some parts, (o-rings ,shafts. plungers, oil) on TOWER Hobbies. Many Shocks from different MFG's are very similar.
The problem is choosing WHICH parts...lol....You might have to spend some money before you develope a list of interchangeable parts.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:12 PM
johnnylaw

Lol, always cost's money doesn't it.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Redharris

Heh, heh.....Yep!
Old 04-06-2008, 02:27 PM
pede_187

oh and make sure you use blue loctite. You WILL NOT get it out if you use red.