Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

What is the advantage...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 04:20 PM
cswtornado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the advantage...

What is the advantage of addinga Redcat tuned aluminumexhust pipe? Does it make the performance any better? Will it sound cooler (or quieter)? And will it stop popping out of the manifold? Pretty much, what will it do?
Old 07-30-2009, 04:43 PM
UrcHobby
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: What is the advantage...

Basicly anything that will alow more air and fuel to get in and out of the motor faster and with less restriction will make it perform better. The tuned pipe will flow ALOT better then the stock header and plastic pipe. Tuned pipes tend to be a little louder, they do sound kinda different from the stock exhaust as far as tone. As for it poping off the manifold if the pipe is not mounted good or the zip ties are not tight enuff they can and will pop off at times. If you do get the tuned pipe make sure you also get the header for the pipe as you can use the stock header but it is just a waist of money if you do not use the header with the tuned pipe. (The header is where you get the most of the better flow from)
Old 07-30-2009, 11:27 PM
nubzorz

Well it will give you some more power nothing to major tho. You should also get the after market manifold redcat sells for more flow. It sounds a little better in my opinion not really louder just a different sound. As far as the pipe poping out from the manifold try snuging the zip ties with plyiers you can get them alot tighter with pliers than your fingers and try putting the pipe as close to the manifold as possible. Theres also different pipe couplers that are longer and fit alot tighter that would work better.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:59 AM
LANDSLIDE*BASHER

I don't know if this helps but I just swapped over to a tuned pipe on a 1/10 scale buggy, and the entrence on the tuned pipe is larger then the stockie, the silicone coupler will fit the tuned pipe so therefor therehad tobe a silicone adapter that fit over the stock pipe making it the same diameter as the tunes pipeso it would fitinto the silicone coupler, make sure you have that adapter or it will be loose and then I would also tighten the zip ties if they are still loose

here is a pic of the coupler, adapter, and two zip ties from the Redcat Racing online parts cat.

hope this helps
peace out

edited info,Iagree with the previous posters, get the tuned pipe along with the header, it does help and does make it sounds like a bigger engine giving it that deeper tone.... more HP, always good if accomidated for
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77683.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	1246940  
Old 07-31-2009, 02:39 PM
chevyderek72

Ya i thought the pipe and header helped. A good coupler is the traxxas one, i didnt wanna have to order just that so i went to the lhs and picked one up and it was pretty sweet.