Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

ReCat Delivered Yesterday.... In Repair Today- Not Happy

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

ReCat Delivered Yesterday.... In Repair Today- Not Happy

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 01:56 PM
CB 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ReCat Delivered Yesterday.... In Repair Today- Not Happy

CONGRATS! Sounds Fun!
Old 03-17-2010, 03:36 PM
4goodbuys2

your going to want to fill your shocks with some 80 weight silicon shock oil you can get it for like 3 or 4 dollars at your local hobby shop it will land like a frog and won't bounce thats what I did and it will run with the big dogs now lol.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:41 PM
4goodbuys2

I picked up a accurate radar gun from salvation army for 1.50 it was made by hot wheels but it was completely accurate look for one of those on ebay or at walmart or something.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:55 PM
TCA999
My Feedback: (32)

Not sure if anyone here knows, but is it common on a Stampede for the gear mesh to adjust it's self out. 
Old 03-17-2010, 04:00 PM
CB 1

Thanks for the info about the radar gun. I might look into that.
TCA999, My cousin used to have the electric stampede before he switched to nitro. I used to drive it once in a while with him and when he drove it, he WAS NOT easy on the thing. He even jumped his little brother on his knees with out. The only thing he broke was an A-Arm that time. He had once replaced the motor, But I don't think that he had ever had a problem with his gear mesh. Have u looked up any related posts that deal with this problem? Or even Googled it? If not, You might find it helpful.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Mickstix

Dang, a buck fiddy for a radar gun?? That's quite the deal!! Anyone know if Walmart sells em? I'd never heard of a "Hot Wheels" radar gun before, but sounds like something they'd make.. It would be cool to have one to mess around with..
Old 03-18-2010, 08:06 AM
CB 1

Yes,  I am pretty sure they sell them at walmart and traget even. It would probably be in the kids toys section or something like that. Good luck finding it. I would like to know how well it works and if its accurate
Old 03-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Mickstix

Thanks, I'll give it a look next time Im in Walmart! If I get one I'll post how accurate it is.. (well, how accurate it is compared to my cars speedo anyway) If anyone else gets one, please do the same! Thanks!!

EDIT:Check this out..Some place is selling them for $600 bucks!!LOL.. They must not realize it's a toy made by Mattel.. lol.. Google linked to a couple more from around $80 new to $45 for used.. $80 is a little out of my price range at the moment though..
Old 03-19-2010, 07:02 PM
CB 1

Jeeze! That seems like a lot of money just for a little toy thing. is that for a real nice one like the cops use, or the hot wheels one? I have seen a velocity one on amazon for around $80. There is NO way i will pay $600 for though. Look for one at like sports authority or dicks, or scheels. they might have one for like baseball pitching. I don't know how else to help you out with that. good luck though. What kind of r/c car do you have?
Old 03-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Mickstix

Yea, no prob, I was just posting that link cause it was so outrageous! I'll keep an eye on craigs list and ebay and see if I can come across one on the cheap! The RC's I have are (Nitro) Redcat Monsoon & Tornado S30 (Electric) Schumacher SST2000, Traxxas 4-tec, Associated RC10L, & Bolink Bandito (1/12 pan car)
Old 03-20-2010, 10:29 AM
CB 1

Wow! You have a lot. Ya keep an eye out. I was thinking about getting the 4-Tec, but i didnt want to spend all that money when i dont live by a lot of open spaces. I had a redcat tornado bb (nitro) and have had A LOT of probloms with it, have you had any probloms with your RedCat's? I know all cars have probloms but i was working on it more than driving it.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Mickstix

Problems with my Redcats: Tornado S30 - tranny wouldnt cosistantly shift (stayed in 2nd) so I fixed that by putting in the single speed tranny.. Dogbones in the front end kept falling out, so I fixed that by putting an "o" ring in the drivecup, before the dogbone.. Monsoon - no problems so far.. Electric touring cars and pan cars:I used to race them and broke arms and bent shock shafts all the time, but that's just a product of not being a very good driver and hitting barriers..

I've had pretty good luck with my Redcats, as far as stuff breaking.. I dont have alot of hard objects to hit, but I run (bash)on a golf course, through sand traps and stuff, so I do alot of highspeed cartwheels and jumps gone bad.. So far nothing has broken.. I've run 1.5 gallons through the Tornado and about 3/4 gallon through the Monsoon, so not a real good endurance test, but they've hit pretty hard, especially the kartwheels, and it's stayed together so far...
Old 03-22-2010, 03:20 PM
GerardAtJob

My Avalanche isn't able to keep it together lol...

First thing I screw up was clutchbell/bearings(2 times.. first with redcat stuff, second with LOSI) +30
Second was a servo +30
Third was another servo +30
After it was the rear chassis brace, so rear dogbone on a nice jump... +30
After it was another damn servo, and it cost my an entire front(the servo bugged and turned full left... crashed into a sidewalk... over 80$ here + a new servo again (JRnow).. (IHATE E900x)) +130
After it was the starter rope, fixed it, and it broke again on my first try this year... +20
After that... the foam were dust... 40$ of foam... +40
And now guess what? It's the center diff that just broke... +30

And I don't count the countless stripped bolts I removed and changed.
The only thing that doesn't give up on my truck is the SH.28...

During the sames bashing session, my friend with his Savage broke (He's far crazyer than me... much more harder than me on his toys... ):
1 suspension arm.
1 spur gear.

Now count what I added onto mine... I spent so much $$ on this thing that I could have a Savage + a few upgrades ...
And It's not even a year since I purchased... 1 gallon + 3/4 of another later...

If someone wants pieces or want my truck, PM me...

Old 03-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Devils-Reject
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: CB 1

I know all cars have probloms but i was working on it more than driving it.
Same Here

Old 03-22-2010, 04:00 PM
McWolf_101

As unfortunate as it is, RTR vehicles are NOT actually RTR. The only true RTR vehicle is the one that is run when you have completed building the kit yourself. Once a maufacturer has done the building for you, you should go over it with a fine-toothed comb. Locktite all the necessary screws, change the servos, check the wheels and gear mesh, perform FULLbreak-in, and enjoy your new vehicle. When something breaks, fix it. Working on the vehicle is supposed to be part of the fun of this hobby. However, if you're NOT satisfied, there are a few things you can do: 1) fix and sell it; 2) use it for parts; or 3) dump it in a box somewhere. At the end of the day, recognise and accept that things break, some more than others, and just enjoy the hobby for what it is.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:56 PM
CB 1

McWolf_101, So you are saying that it is probably better just to build your own r/c kit? Since it will be customized to your likings, and since you pretty much re-do a lot of stuff on rtr's?
Old 03-22-2010, 09:09 PM
McWolf_101

Not necessarily since, at the end of the day, parts will need repairing or replacing on the kit as well. All I'm saying is to recognise the things that will require special attention whether you purchase an RTR or a kit, including the servos and gears and such.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Mickstix

Yea, anyone new to the hobby should realize RTR actually mean: Research Teardown Rebuild.. Then your ready to run the vehicle..
Old 03-22-2010, 09:57 PM
McWolf_101

That's a good one Mick, "Research Teardown Rebuild". I like it, and it is so very true.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:50 PM
CB 1

lol, ya.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:35 AM
gigemrick

I just traded my two week old Earthquake 3.0 for a 2wd Slash. I was to tired of repairing broken parts although I never had the spur strip on me as I set it before breaking in. Its really annoying and I am just glad to be out of it. I'm onto electric now which seems to have a LOT less headaches. Cut your losses or be prepared to replace %50 of the entire car int he first 6 months. This is first hand experience talking fyi..... GL
Old 06-25-2010, 07:08 AM
catbob007

which one did you get??
Old 01-08-2011, 01:08 AM
rcfunguy

whats the boiling do to the plastic never heard of this can cant find any info about this
ORIGINAL: Wo81

Going through any rtr vehicle is just the way of the rc world. A half an hour worth of going through a vehicle can lead to hours of trouble-free running. If you continue to have a problem with plastic parts breaking, boil them for about 10 minutes. 50 degrees is cold enough to make plastic more brittle. I understand your frustration. But after you get it broke in and like the way it performs, there's plenty of ways to get the durability up to par. If you opt to try the boiling route, leave the axle carriers out. I only suggest a arms, bumper mounts, shock towers if you don't race. Boil at your own risk. I've only done it to trx plastic. Not sure how yours will react. Should be just fine though.