Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

new redcat mini plane!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 07:45 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default new redcat mini plane!

a new vid from ali, the mini P40 warhawk
i dont know when redcat will have them, or what the price will be.
but if the price it right, it will be my next plane for sure!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1cP2fkv3s4[/youtube]
Old 01-11-2011, 08:02 PM
1ofmyfuns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new redcat mini plane!

yeah I watched this one last night myself, I like it also but would like it much better if it had landing gear, I think I saw this same basic plane on another site that had the landing gear but I could be mistaken, maybe I'll look into it. but I like this little plane.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:05 PM
1ofmyfuns

I think maybe this is the one I was thinking of, but I saw it somewhere else also

http://cgi.ebay.com/RC-Airplane-P-40...item255e46d522
Old 01-11-2011, 08:17 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: 1ofmyfuns

yeah I watched this one last night myself, I like it also but would like it much better if it had landing gear, I think I saw this same basic plane on another site that had the landing gear but I could be mistaken, maybe I'll look into it. but I like this little plane.
landing gear would be nice, but only if it was retractable. and for a plane this size, retracting landing gear would be pricey.
and if it had landing gear that didnt retract, that just wouldnt look right when its in the air.

i wouldnt land it like he did in the vid and scratch it all up. land on grass and it wont hurt it at all.

my dynam 4ch plane's landing gear got all bent out of shape. now i just "belly" land her. doesnt hurt it any.
plus, you can just slap some packing tape on the underside if you want it to be stronger.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:09 PM
1ofmyfuns

Hers the one I really want
http://cgi.ebay.com/Redcat-Racing-WW...item27b7c439a2
Old 01-11-2011, 09:24 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: 1ofmyfuns

Hers the one I really want
http://cgi.ebay.com/Redcat-Racing-WW...item27b7c439a2
yeh, that one is a bit larger. the landing gear looks nice, but doesnt retract.

in the vid of the mini P40, i was surprised by how nice it glided and how fast it was.

also, you can get the P51 for $179.99. a bit cheaper than the ebay ad. plus some free "AA"s for the radio.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:02 AM
electricrc68
Banned

that doesn't look mini to me D:
Old 01-12-2011, 05:04 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

that doesn't look mini to me D:
its mini, not micro. micro planes, like the parkzon micro j-3 cub are for flying indoors mainly.
the hobbyzone mini super cub is about the same size as redcats mini P40
Old 01-12-2011, 05:18 AM
electricrc68
Banned

oh okay because these are actually pretty big imo.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:59 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

i guess. the wingspan is alittle over 2 feet i think(the P40 and the mini SC) i have a dynam that has a 4 foot wingspan. nearly twice as big.
these little planes can be alot of fun. but dont try to fly one until you have mastered a more basic 3channel plane like the hobbyzone super cub.
i still have my mini super cub. i didnt use it a ton before i got some larger planes. but it was helpful in learning the basics!
Old 01-12-2011, 08:37 AM
formula87

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

i guess. the wingspan is alittle over 2 feet i think(the P40 and the mini SC) i have a dynam that has a 4 foot wingspan. nearly twice as big.
these little planes can be alot of fun. but dont try to fly one until you have mastered a more basic 3channel plane like the hobbyzone super cub.
i still have my mini super cub. i didnt use it a ton before i got some larger planes. but it was helpful in learning the basics!
Have you flown any of the Redcat planes??? I was looking at the Jetiger or the P51.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:01 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

i sorta flown a jet tiger(sold also under another name, same plane) into the ground!
not a reflection on the plane so much as on my skilz. EDFs are harder to fly than normal prop planes.
i wouldnt hesitate to buy the P51 mustang. the specs look good and i like the details. its not a beginners plane tho. maybe a good 2nd plane.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:27 AM
formula87

Anyone else have a Redcat plane yet .......... I have never flown before except helis............  still thinking the Jetiger looks like it can handle more abuse and it has the training software which I will use before I attempt to fly.......
Old 01-24-2011, 10:31 AM
formula87

i sorta flown a jet tiger(sold also under another name, same plane) into the ground!
not a reflection on the plane so much as on my skilz. EDFs are harder to fly than normal prop planes.
i wouldnt hesitate to buy the P51 mustang. the specs look good and i like the details. its not a beginners plane tho. maybe a good 2nd plane.
You say into the ground ..............I have read the Jetiger is nose heavy with the wrong battery. I have a huge field to play in behind work so I will take my timeand use the flight sim also...........looks like it flys well on the youtube vids http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28H5mN8psgg...
Old 01-24-2011, 10:42 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: formula87

You say into the ground ..............I have read the Jetiger is nose heavy with the wrong battery. I have a huge field to play in behind work so I will take my timeand use the flight sim also........... looks like it flys well on the youtube vids http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28H5mN8psgg ...
it is very possible that i had the CG wrong, causing the crashes. the thing is the nose section is thin, and broke in half. i repaired it once, then it broke further back on the nose. not worth trying to repair again.

i have a artectech funjet(pusher prop) that has a simillar shape. but the nose section is much wider and stronger. i like it much better. but in the right hands the jettiger is wicked fast!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:55 AM
formula87

Ali told me to go with the Redcat Cessna 182 or a Parker plane (LHS stocks these)  But I don't really have any place that will be easy on takeoffs or landings for a plane with wheels .......so that is what attracted me to the Jetiger or Redcats P40 which has no landing gear I would just be worried about the prop..............  I still think I will get the Jetiger you say the Artech version is better or stronger...... have you seen the Jetiger first hand?