RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   2.4ghz remote?? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/10131447-2-4ghz-remote.html)

Torch39 11-12-2010 03:40 PM

2.4ghz remote??

What is the advantages of the 2.4 Ghz remote over the stock one that comes with the tornado??</p>

rchobbyunlimited 11-12-2010 03:51 PM

RE: 2.4ghz remote??

Way better signal goes futher, no interference signals, has a built in fail safe that you can activate, smaller floding antenna less chance of breaking over the am radio. Just to name a few.

basketballfan60123 11-12-2010 09:17 PM

Here's a similar topic regarding 2.4ghz remotes with some intense debates.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10..._1/key_/tm.htm

kelynsdad1023 11-13-2010 07:43 PM

ORIGINAL: rchobbyunlimited

Way better signal goes futher, no interference signals, has a built in fail safe that you can activate, smaller floding antenna less chance of breaking over the am radio. Just to name a few.

so how do I activate the built in fail safe ?

rchobbyunlimited 11-13-2010 08:04 PM

Just turn both your transmitter and truck on then find the small black button next to the red LED light on the receiver. Apply full brakes, or your desired failsafe position and hold, then with a small screwdriver or hex wrench push the black button on the receiver and hold until the red light starts to blink {3-5 seconds}. Then release the button THEN the brake and it should be set. Test it by turning your truck and transmitter on applying full throttle {engine not running} then turn your trans. off and the failsafe should activate just like external failsafes.hope this helps

kelynsdad1023 11-13-2010 08:46 PM

yes it will help.......thank you !

rchobbyunlimited 11-13-2010 09:29 PM

your welcome.

All-or-Nothing 03-16-2011 06:28 AM

Just turn both your transmitter and truck on then find the small black button next to the red LED light on the receiver. Apply full brakes, or your desired failsafe position and hold, then with a small screwdriver or hex wrench push the black button on the receiver and hold until the red light starts to blink {3-5 seconds}. Then release the button THEN the brake and it should be set. Test it by turning your truck and transmitter on applying full throttle {engine not running} then turn your trans. off and the failsafe should activate just like external failsafes.hope this helps

Thanks so much for this. I just tried it out and it works flawlessly. Had the truck going full tilt, shut off the transmitter and the brakes slammed down and stopped the truck.

formula87 03-16-2011 01:06 PM

get the 2.4ghz

electricrc68 03-16-2011 01:18 PM

does every 2.4 come with a failsafe or only the redcats?

eggonboost04 03-26-2011 07:50 AM

Helppp I did what u said and now my buggy is not responding at all. The breaks are apply as soon as I turn on the swich on the buggy.

Valgath 03-26-2011 12:22 PM

turn the controller on first then the car reverse if your turning off the car if you turn on the car first then the car isnt getting a single from the controler

papo2110 09-11-2018 06:02 AM

horus X10 battery mod