RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Racing Tornado Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5342050-redcat-racing-tornado-thread.html)

newdoughboy 09-19-2007 08:50 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

Well, i've only seen plastic ones from redcat and thanks for the glow plug comment

hibityhupla 09-20-2007 01:28 AM

Any idea where i can get a longer servo arm? I got the traxxas 3.3 in my on-road car but it has a slide carb instead of rotory. The only way I can think to make it work is to extend the servo top and put a different linkage on it. I made one out of a bunch of servo tops I cut up but I was wondering if they make such a thing or if I'm best off making my own.

newdoughboy 09-20-2007 05:46 AM

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Yeah-Racing-SER-0...QQcmdZViewItem

is this long enough? if not check out rest of dinball's stuff on ebay

rclynx 09-20-2007 07:59 AM

Any idea where i can get a longer servo arm? I got the traxxas 3.3 in my on-road car but it has a slide carb instead of rotory. The only way I can think to make it work is to extend the servo top and put a different linkage on it. I made one out of a bunch of servo tops I cut up but I was wondering if they make such a thing or if I'm best off making my own.
Just a thought that hasn't been mentioned, have you changed the angle of the carb? you can even revers it (turn it 190 degrees) if you like[&o]

Redcat Nick 09-20-2007 10:37 AM

We have aluminum steering bell crank and servo saver but it is for the 1/8 scales.

hibityhupla 09-20-2007 02:26 PM

I moved the ball end connection on the carb towards the rear of the engine. It's still a good reach. The 1 7/8" arm would work but I need the little arm coming off the side for the brakes.

hibityhupla 09-20-2007 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: newdoughboy

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Yeah-Racing-SER-0...QQcmdZViewItem

is this long enough? if not check out rest of dinball's stuff on ebay
That one is long enough but it need to look like an L so i can still connect my brakes.

rc_nooby 09-20-2007 04:15 PM

what are the factory settings for the redcat shockwave/tornado.

hibityhupla 09-20-2007 06:29 PM

carb open 1-1.5mm, fuel needle 2.5-3 turns out

nelsonrc 09-21-2007 12:12 AM

Hello Redcat fans I was have about $400.00 in parts and a used Tornado single speed and a new in box Tornado single speed and dont have time for them so Id like to sell them off to some one that can use them. Anyone interested e-mail me [email protected]. Id like to get $350 for all of it.

tyhodge07 09-21-2007 01:16 AM

ur post is going to get deleted.. plus 350 u prolly wont get, but thats why theres a classifieds, to post stuff for sale ;)

hibityhupla 09-21-2007 04:30 PM

I think I figured out how to make my stock servos and tops work. I bought a sheet of carbon fiber and I'm just going to cut a new top plate. I figure I can move the throttle servo mounting forward to where I need it. My only question is do I need anything special to cut it or will a jig saw with a fine blade work?

newdoughboy 09-21-2007 09:00 PM

Where did you buy a sheet of Carbon Fiber? I looked everywhere and couldn't find any near by. Once successful, could you tell me what you used to cut it?

hibityhupla 09-21-2007 11:13 PM

Carbon Fiber Graphite Woven Sheet Panel 9"x12"x2.0mm

Cut and paste at ebay. cost around $40. If out try "carbon fiber sheet" under toys and hobbies.

hibityhupla 09-22-2007 05:42 PM

Any idea's on what to cut carbon fiber with?

ehroof 09-22-2007 07:23 PM

dremel and a cutting wheel, rotozip with tile blade in it.

daveschutt 09-22-2007 07:24 PM

Before you buy a new engine check this out! it really works!!!

[link]http://www.jfnorris.com/modules.php?name=Fourms&file=viewtopic&p=1216[/link]

ehroof 09-22-2007 07:27 PM

dead link bro

newdoughboy 09-23-2007 05:34 AM

I know, SMOOTH, I guess I will have to go ahead and buy an new engine.

Just Kidding, I am on such a low budget and I've alread bought plenty this month

kegger420 09-23-2007 08:33 AM

ORIGINAL: kegger420

Here's a tech question for my redcat tornado XL.. was running it today and all of a sudden i noticed no brakes! ok so stopped it and found that the brakes wont engage and neither will the rear drivetrain as the rears wont spin. the fronts are all good.. what can this be?
ok, i fixed this prioblem, but now the car seems to run with no ballz...i leaned it to where it wold just about stall when i romped on the throttle, and made it so rich it sounded like a hooka at a coffee shop.. could it be that i didnt space the the coupler by the tranny that turns the rear dogbone and brake disc? any thoughts?

BBOY619 09-23-2007 12:47 PM

Can a new transmission be put on the tornado XL?

ehroof 09-23-2007 12:50 PM

what trans would you want to put?

BBOY619 09-23-2007 11:11 PM

HI All, I bought a Tornado XL on the internet recently and It should be in like tomorrow or Tuesday. I know it is a "RTR," but I'm sure we all know that stock settings on just about everything are usually not the optimum settings. So my question is that if anyone has any suggestions about tuning it a little better than out of the box, to get better speed/acceleration. Also the transmission, can it be upgraded to a 2 speed like the one on the BB?

spartan8892 09-24-2007 01:19 AM

ok i have an odd question. when pulling my pullstart and my tornado it slips a lot after i start the engine and try starting it again after it dies the pullstart never slips is this just my car or does ur guys do this to btw i run traccas 20% if that helps thanks

rclynx 09-24-2007 05:39 AM

That is either a dirty OWB (most of the time) or the OWB is going bad. All it takes is a very small amount of grit to make it slip and I'm talking grit you can't even see[&o]