RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Racing Tsunami Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5342302-redcat-racing-tsunami-thread.html)

eminentguitar 11-26-2007 09:55 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tsunami Thread

ok thats simple what works for weight? How do you enter the wheelie contest and when is it? Doed your tsunami do wheelies? sorry for all the questions lol

ehroof 11-26-2007 09:59 PM

you can get lead weights with self sticking tape on one side from auto parts stores. the contest is here, on top of the redcat forum, its a sticky, and only wheelie with the tsunami is off a jump, its a single speed and whelies easier now off the jump with the single speed but besides that, its all stock.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6676741/tm.htm

eminentguitar 11-26-2007 10:04 PM

man I would so enter it but here is my problem there is half a foot of snow here and im not driving it till spring :( Do you have them often?

eminentguitar 11-26-2007 10:07 PM

why dous the jato do wheelies so well? I want my tsunami to do that

twomanytoys 11-26-2007 10:14 PM

The Jato has tons of power in such a small package. The tsunami weighs way more. Another thing that hurts the tsunami is the rotary carb. rotary is not as responsive as a slide carb. If you could put the traxxas 3.3 in the tsunami I bet it would wheelie for a few seconds before it totally tears up teh drivetrain.

eminentguitar 11-26-2007 10:18 PM

that doesnt make me happy :( I love horse power what kink of carb does the os have? How do you tell the difference?

twomanytoys 11-26-2007 10:27 PM

Dont get me wrong. The os cvr is a great engine. Plenty of power but not as quick as a slide carb os engine like the os 18tm or cvrx. If you look at your carb on teh stock vx engine thats a rotary carb.

eminentguitar 11-26-2007 10:47 PM

i have the sh 18 thats gor the rotary carb? and my os is the cvrx 18

eminentguitar 11-26-2007 10:50 PM

do you know a for sure way to tell if I have the cvrx 18. when I bought it thats what they called it but the box said os max cvr on it. Is there a part number?

eminentguitar 11-26-2007 10:59 PM

I just did some checking around and i have the os cvrx 18 with the rotary carb 1.35 hp
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGGP7&P=V

twomanytoys 11-26-2007 11:02 PM

I forgot the cvrx is available with the 11j carb. So both the sh and os engines you have are rotary carbs. The cvrx is still a great engine.

eminentguitar 11-26-2007 11:06 PM

The last thing I need is more power with this thing I dont want to rewin the drive train. Have you heard of many diff problems with the redcats?

twomanytoys 11-26-2007 11:10 PM

I think you will be fine. ehroof runs a cvr on his redcats with no problems. I have not heard of any diff problems. I have seen drive shafts break. I installed a Peak Racing Diablo .15 on my sons tsunami and the first run out it snapped the rear drive shaft in half.

eminentguitar 11-26-2007 11:14 PM

Can I put the slide carb on my engine?

eminentguitar 11-26-2007 11:22 PM

Doed that diablo have more power than the os 18? How much are they?

eminentguitar 11-27-2007 08:10 PM

ehroof is there much I can do to the os to get a bit more power out of it? Im a hp freak lol

ehroof 11-27-2007 08:18 PM

lol, good motorsaver aif filter, 30% nitro (be careful of temps, you may need a different plug), and a good header and tuned pipe will bring it to life.

twomanytoys 11-27-2007 08:20 PM

Wait you said the last thing you need is more power that will tear up the drivetrain now you want more power. If you dont want constant problems just keep the os stock. The tsunami cant handle more power than the cvrx. My Diablo is a .15 size engine but it has alot more power than the vx .18. I dont think it has more power than the os engine but it does have higher rpm's over the os. Normally the diablo goes for just under $200.

eminentguitar 11-27-2007 10:27 PM

I think it will take more power than the os has stock it seems to have less power than the sh 18 I took out of it maybe i have to tune it better.

Ehroof is there a header and pipe that I can get from my lhs that would work? Or do I have to get the redcat parts?

ehroof 11-27-2007 10:30 PM

hpi rs4 header or tmaxx header will work. the os has more power than the sh for sure, the sh is a nice engine but the os has more power.

twomanytoys 11-27-2007 10:33 PM

Well Im ditching the vx and have a sh on the way. Hope My son likes it.

ehroof 11-27-2007 10:35 PM

its a good engine, i like mine, you wont be disapointed. did you trade the vx in on it?

eminentguitar 11-27-2007 10:38 PM

I really liked the sh it ripped great. I guess I have to tinker with the os a bit to get it to run better. Its hard to start.

Ehroof Is there a better glo plug starter than the one that you get with the starter kit? Whats the best plug to run in the os?

ehroof 11-27-2007 10:41 PM

os a3 or a5 for the plug and hole shot igniter:

http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...A3-plug/Detail

i think dennis has the hole shot ingiters too, i dont see them on the site yet but i think they have to be the best, email him if you want.

eminentguitar 11-27-2007 10:44 PM

Ill check out the Lhs for the igniter and is the a3 the stock plug?