RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Racing Tsunami Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5342302-redcat-racing-tsunami-thread.html)

retrosoul 08-17-2008 07:09 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tsunami Thread

i think im gonna buy a monsoon. does it have more ground clearance then my tsunami?

eminentguitar 08-17-2008 07:12 PM

Dont know for sure man but I would think so because its bigger and all.

retrosoul 08-17-2008 07:48 PM

eminentguitar i got msn

retrosoul 08-17-2008 08:39 PM

ok this hpi part is a direct fit for the rear drive shaft http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-Dogbones-6x5...2em118Q2el1247

KeithjV 08-17-2008 10:16 PM

ORIGINAL: eminentguitar

GRRRRRR the only thing thats stopping me from putting in that sh engine is I lost my 2.5mm allen wrench!!!! wat a bummer. Any ideas on how I can get the sleve out of my cvr??? I took it appart to port it and its all rusty :( another bummer the sleve should just slide out but its stuck.
You should be able to get to it through the exhaust port. Just use the tip of a screwdriver to push it up

eminentguitar 08-18-2008 12:11 AM

Thats a good find retro. Well I took out my tsunami today with the ported+polished SH 18 factory tsunami engine (among other great secrets that im not sure if im going to share lol) and it ran so good started on the first pull and defenately has way more power then the stock sh 18 and im sure that it even has a bit more then my os cvrx 18 (not sure tho its close) Well everything was going great I was so happy and then.......................... I rolled it at about 15 mph ish did some cart wheels lol and landed on its wheels (not running a body this time) so I take off, I had just filled it up with gas and was starting to notice that the temps were getting high (260) gave her a quick tweek on the hsn and away I go but there still getting higher (270) so I really open that hsl up a good quarter turn and givver again.......temps still rising.........uhhhhhh noy good so I shut it oss and that when I noticed that my air cleaner was gone........... an entire tank of gas with no air cleaner............So I took it all apart and gave it a clean, put it together again took it out for a test and now its got almost nothing.... :( The sleeve got scored up bad from all the dirt............

here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBOqnltOSZo

KeithjV 08-18-2008 09:31 AM

The SH has more power then the OS?
You sound like me telling my son to stay close so I dont run him over.. again......:D

peewee146 08-18-2008 02:06 PM

i need some axels that take more of a beatin i had it out sunday and now the front ones are bent and my rear drive shaft is bend also

retrosoul 08-18-2008 02:37 PM

peewee try the hpi for the rear drive shaft

peewee146 08-18-2008 03:00 PM

what is the size

retrosoul 08-18-2008 03:20 PM

6x57mm

peewee146 08-18-2008 04:01 PM

that will go from trans. to rear dif

chevyderek72 08-18-2008 04:34 PM

hey megabash how are those junfac beadlocks holding up?

retrosoul 08-18-2008 04:51 PM

yes peewee tranny to diff

retrosoul 08-18-2008 04:56 PM

another day looking at my broken tsunami

chevyderek72 08-18-2008 05:28 PM

what broke on it? i forgot

retrosoul 08-18-2008 06:07 PM

rear drive shaft broke at the ball

chevyderek72 08-18-2008 06:14 PM

oh that sucks, i hate wanting to run but you cant

eminentguitar 08-18-2008 06:38 PM

ORIGINAL: KeithjV

The SH has more power then the OS?
You sound like me telling my son to stay close so I dont run him over.. again......:D
again lol thats great I hit my son once before too he didnt like that much lol. Yeah man that sh seems so have more top end then my os engine. It hardly viberates its so smooth running man. The low end was a bit week from the clutch springs that I was using. I had springs for nylon shoes on some aluminum shoes so they kicked in way to soon. What did you think of the video?

uhoo_01 08-18-2008 06:43 PM

hey eminentguitar what pipe you run on the 2 os engines , im sick of the savage pipe and header on my bb so i just bought a SH hard coated turned pipe and header top end pipe , should work well ....

eminentguitar 08-18-2008 06:46 PM

I just have hpi tuned pipes on mine nothing great...........

retrosoul 08-18-2008 07:02 PM

i have 1 of those awsome stock un tuned pipes

eminentguitar 08-18-2008 07:45 PM

You mean that plastic thingy???? lol

eminentguitar 08-18-2008 10:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well guys its time to let you lnow what all I did to my sh 18 and it all worked out great. First off I ported and poliched it. Then I machined the head to get a smaller combustion chamber and I alse took some off the sleeve. Then I streamlined the con rod to make it more like a knife blade to it doesnt swirl around the fuel as much. I changed the timing so that the intake valve opened sooner and stayed open longer. Then I took the crank to my friends shop to get some machined off the thicker "throw" part to make up for the loss of weight on the con rod. It fired right up and didnt viberate much at all compared to the stock sh 18. I warmed it up did some speed runs loved it filled it up with dirt and now have a nice paper weight......... I love this hobby. My air cleaner fell off and I didnt notice till I ran a tank through it..... Now its got just about no power...... bugger hey.

uhoo here is that car that I painted and put the silvia clip on for my brother in law they put the silvia engine in it its got just about 300 hp now with his new turbo and injectors.

uhoo_01 08-18-2008 11:46 PM

that really sucks about how much work went in for dirt to stuff it up but ay doing it is half the fun thats y we do it . i really wanna port a rc engine , my dad builds go-kart 2stroke race engines in his spare time beacuse i race karts at pro level and his been telling me how to port and polish and he really wants to help me do it . But now its all set up for a BB in the long run im gunna buy a cheap .28 or .21 and do it and leave the axial.28 stock i think . buy a sts or go....