RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Monsoon Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/6170916-redcat-monsoon-thread.html)

BackYardRacer 11-11-2007 02:48 PM

RE: Redcats Monsoon Thread

lol well today i used my leaf blower! i cant beleive i never thought of it before, it blows more air harder then any air compressor ive seen. It took every spec of dirt off the entire car. Then i just ran the tires under water and put tire shiner on them. The car looks the same as it id outa the box. I didnt get to drive my monsoon this morning tho. I have the crappy glow plug ignitor that comes with the cheap beginner starter kits. I had a good hot shot glow plug ingitor, but left it at my local track and never saw it agian.

ehroof 11-11-2007 04:47 PM

lol, leaf blower, thats good, as long as it works. :D

moonsoon 11-11-2007 04:59 PM

The fang cuts on the transfer ports smooth out the boost port with a radius and round out the bottom of the sleeve.Next I want to epoxy fill the crank and open up the center.That should increase the fuel mileage even more.It was not hard at all.I was not too happy with the crome job on the sleeve it look cheap but seems to hold up.

pede_187 11-13-2007 05:01 PM

Was wondering how long an average tank last's for everyone?

moonsoon 11-16-2007 07:18 PM

With the engine stock I would get about 5 min. on the dirt oval.After the mod and pull start removal about 7mins. That is with 20% nitro.

vnmsgt 11-16-2007 07:34 PM

You have got to be running real rich or on the gas the whole time. I get about 10 minutes I would say. Have not timed myself though, maybe I should have before I said that. lol:eek:

rc_crazy21 11-16-2007 10:15 PM

Thats a hard question, because i run wide open almost all the time! So, my fuel tends to be used up quickly when bashing. Racing is a little different as i don't drive nearly as hard.

rc_crazy21 11-16-2007 10:17 PM

I guess i can try timing next time to see, but i would rather worry about driving than wasting fuel to see the time!

ehroof 11-16-2007 10:17 PM

thats what i was going to say, it really depends on your dirving habbits, track or bash, off or on road, temprature and humidity, needle settings, there are alot of variables to tank time. i would say anywhere between 5 and 10 minutes, it really depends

moonsoon 11-18-2007 12:07 PM

I agree with ehroof .

vnmsgt 11-23-2007 07:54 PM

Any body racing the monsoon at and track days? Hopefully will be racing mine soon at clermont hobby's track when he starts having races. Would like to know what different setups people have for the monsoon that race on tracks. No basher setups please, I do not think that would help me on the track LOL!

rclynx 11-23-2007 08:05 PM

This one runs for 20 minutes + [link=http://www.xtm-dealer.com/monster%20mt.html]MMT[/link][X(]

vnmsgt 11-23-2007 08:08 PM

ORIGINAL: rclynx

This one runs for 20 minutes + [link=http://www.xtm-dealer.com/monster%20mt.html]MMT[/link][X(]
That thing is like a mammoth on steriods!

rclynx 11-24-2007 05:52 AM

290cc fuel tank helps to;)

vnmsgt 11-26-2007 10:00 AM

Well just after watching the clermonts new video and seeing my front tires ballooning up which I did not notice so much I went ahead and changed my diff fluids from 5-7-3 to 10-30-3 and see how it goes this week. Hope it will make it turn better too, has some push coming out of the turns.

vnmsgt 11-26-2007 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just put a set of 15mm hub extensions on my monsoon. Makes it a WIDE TRACK monsoon. LOL. Hopefully will make it handle better in the turns by lowering the center of gravity. They were the ofna wheel extensions and the only mod I had to do was to drill out the whole for the pin a little larger to fit. These are before and after photos.

ehroof 11-26-2007 04:59 PM

my hard drive is locking up again with those huge pictures, lol

vnmsgt 11-26-2007 05:08 PM

I resized them now but AGAIN they are big! I am not doing anything different then what I have always done to post pics since I signed up here and now I have problems. They must have changed something about posting pics that is messing me up.

ehroof 11-26-2007 05:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
it looks good, here is my monsoon, new and shiny, lol, no time to get it broken in yet, i will this week though.

allenthen831 11-26-2007 06:50 PM

that monsoon looks pretty nice

rclynx 11-26-2007 07:57 PM

[sm=lol.gif]Shelf Queen[>:].................................................. ...

ehroof 11-26-2007 08:42 PM

lol, for now, until its broke in.

MatthewBN 11-27-2007 04:13 PM

RE: Redcat Monsoon Thread

Any one tried an OS 30VG on their Monsoon yet? I just put one on mine but have not started it yet. It dropped right in place of the old engine. Had to take a couple of shims out to get the bell to spin free is all.

MatthewBN 11-27-2007 04:22 PM

RE: Redcat Monsoon Thread

I've run it around a track with the old engine in it. It needs some diff fluid put in. I have never done it before, how hard is it and how does it go in. Is there a way with out having to pull out the diffs?

ehroof 11-27-2007 04:35 PM

nope, you need to pull the diffs out, its not that hard, just take your time, the whole thing comes off the chassis with basically 4 screws from the bottom