RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   "OFFICIAL" Redcat Avalanche thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/6771551-%22official%22-redcat-avalanche-thread.html)

twomanytoys 01-02-2008 05:31 PM

RE: "OFFICIAL" Redcat Avalanche thread

Very thick. Its built tough for sure.

twomanytoys 01-03-2008 09:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As some may know I had steering issues with my sons avalanche and it broke 2 wheels. So for temporary I bought some tires and put them on some wheels that I had sitting around so he could drive it. let me know what you guys think. I think the stock tires are WAYYY too big for this truck. Its not a 1.8 scale monster truck. Bigger than a savage but way smaller than a monster gt. More like 1/9th scale. The stock wheels do look mean but slightly smaller ones would perform way better.

twomanytoys 01-03-2008 09:26 PM

Oh and yes this avalanche does do wheelies. :D

pede_187 01-03-2008 09:27 PM

Do all avalanche's do wheelies in stock form?

ehroof 01-03-2008 09:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i dont know, my buddy has an associated monster gt and my avalanche is the same or a little bigger, i like the larger tires better

twomanytoys 01-03-2008 09:46 PM

Avalanche is no where as big as the mgt. I will take pics of both together once my wheels come from redcat.

ehroof 01-03-2008 10:31 PM

you need to do that, my pal has an associated mgt and i would have to say the avalanche is as big if not bigger, i never had them side by side though, i will have to take a picture when i get a chance.

Defmeq 01-03-2008 11:43 PM

So whats the diff oil situation lookin like Twomany?

Defm

twomanytoys 01-04-2008 12:01 AM

Well I just ended up locking the diff just for kicks. I did not try the 100k diff fluid yet. I cant tell my secret yet till I get video and I get the FIRST Avalanche wheelie video because no one else has been able to produce one. It is just about an impossibility to wheelie the avalanche from a dead stop on the stock setup. Yes it is extremly fast but because of teh center diff setup and not having a transmission too much of the power goes to the front wheels which in turn you lose torque and traction in the rear. The only way for a truck or truggy to wheelie with a center diff setup is to have very thick fluid or locked diff. I have locked the diff and it wheelies like crazy.

Swingline76 01-04-2008 12:04 PM

twomany what is that bubble in the middle of your fuel line. and where do i get one

ehroof 01-04-2008 12:34 PM

bubble, lol, its a primer bulb, you squeeze it a couple of times to prime the carb before you start the engine. clermontmotorsports.com or towerhobbies has them. Not to mention brooklyn hobbies on flatlands ave.

twomanytoys 01-04-2008 12:55 PM

Its a primer bulb from a monster gt. Works great and helps run longer in case of a roll over. I have them on all my trucks. They were like 3.99 each.

ehroof 01-04-2008 01:13 PM

i actually bought one with a filter on it too, i forgot who makes it now.

triggeraa 01-04-2008 01:21 PM

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

As some may know I had steering issues with my sons avalanche and it broke 2 wheels. So for temporary I bought some tires and put them on some wheels that I had sitting around so he could drive it. let me know what you guys think. I think the stock tires are WAYYY too big for this truck. Its not a 1.8 scale monster truck. Bigger than a savage but way smaller than a monster gt. More like 1/9th scale. The stock wheels do look mean but slightly smaller ones would perform way better.
That's a sweet setup. I like it.:D

twomanytoys 01-04-2008 03:23 PM

Thanks. Not sure if im going to keep it that way. too much like a truggy. My son likes big tires.

ehroof 01-04-2008 08:10 PM

BIG TIRES, BIG TIRES, BIG TIRES, BFT!!!!!

LOL, i like the big tires but with the smaller ones it actually looks like one of those desert trucks with those tires, just put a spare tire on the truck bed.

twomanytoys 01-04-2008 10:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok Im going to try again. Son was out today playing around, jumping, crashing etc... Everything was going good and NO STEERING LOCK but he did a bad jump and broke yet another wheel. This time it was not due to the steering. I decided to go and get some different tires and dish wheels. I know he cant break the dish wheels. Well I should have got the yellow wheels but instead I got white. So I will be heading back the the store tomarrow to get the yellow ones instead. Let me know what you think of these but in yellow to match the body. They are ofna dish with BIG BIG HPi GT2 tires. Just as tall as the stockers but not as wide which I think is perfect size now. I saw the dish wheels on the new cen 7.7 and thought it looked pretty tough.

twomanytoys 01-05-2008 01:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok how about this setup?

ehroof 01-05-2008 01:26 PM

Very good, what did you do? dye them?

twomanytoys 01-05-2008 01:38 PM

I tried looking for yellow dye but used the fusion plastic paint. Its not going to hold up as well as dye but the wheels are set in pretty deep so they are somewhat protected.

It looks good though?

ehroof 01-05-2008 01:52 PM

yeah, much better than the white. looks good

Macanan 01-05-2008 02:14 PM

I agree it looks a lot better yellow then the white because it matches the body color better.

twomanytoys 01-05-2008 03:14 PM

:D

twomanytoys 01-05-2008 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I forgot about the OFNA racing stickers. I think it looks pretty good also. Not quite as good as chrome but these will hold up alot better.

jar20635 01-05-2008 06:30 PM

Hey guys, I have learned a lot from your posts. I have been out of the Hobby for two years now since i was in Iraq. Looking to buy an Avalanche. I have a question is there a backplate and electric starter for this truck? So far I have found one for the Volcano. Will appreciate your help, thanks.