Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

Something never seen before!?!?!?!?????

Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Something never seen before!?!?!?!?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 11:53 PM
cwick1989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something never seen before!?!?!?!?????

Mmmk so today while I was finishing up my spadstick.... (Well as far as i can go til my stuff comes in) me and my gfs brother decided to do something never seen before! so far weve only come up with a few rough drawings, measurements, and ideas! we started off wanting to do a forward swept wing while looking through pics of those people had build we saw a corsair! then we decided on a gull wing forward swept wing! then my dad called and I was talking to him about it and he wants to see me build a canard! then while talking to my lil brother he mentioned wanting a v-tail! might be CRAZY!!!!! but were in the process of designing and forward swept-gull wing and V-canard plane! more my gfs brothers idea! Are we crazy or could it really work?
Old 10-17-2009, 01:03 AM
icerinkdad

Default RE: Something never seen before!?!?!?!?????

I would do a small stick glider out of 1/16 balsa and see how it flys or if it can be made to fly.
Bob
Old 10-17-2009, 02:10 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

You can get almost any idea to work if you can build it light enough. Planes with "convoluted" shapes will need extra weight devoted to bracing, so plan accordingly.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:35 AM
cwick1989

Ive actually tried a spad glider! didnt turn out to well! but my gfs brother started the spar ( He wants to do it all himself!) I dont thing he understands how much pressure will be on the spar tho! thats what I dont get you have to reembrace forward swept wing and thats only 2 joints! this wing will have 4??? Any ideas?
Old 10-17-2009, 04:13 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I would think outside the usual SPAD box a little and work with light weight plastic film stretched out over a fiberglass tube frame work. The joints in the framework can be aluminum rod inside the tubes [bent to any angle] and some wraps of CA'd cloth on the outside. Spray the cloth lightly with contact adhesive so it stays put on the joint and use medium CA to saturate the cloth.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:00 PM
ndb8fxe
My Feedback: (1)

I'd love to see the outcome of this. I'm not sure how having "rudder" surfaces up front will workout. You may still need rear stabilizers. Sounds like fun and inovative.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:14 AM
cwick1989

hate to be a kill joy today we made a makeshift spar! outta yardsticks just to see how difficult the folds were gonna be and also the angles of the cuts etc. well after many attempts were back to the drawing board! sorry guys! incorperating the gull in with the forwd swept wing is turning 2 dimensional cuts into 3d cuts! difficult but well figure it out! and we were planning on rear rudders maby mix em in with the front V and get some crazy flat spins outta it!?