Community
Search
Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

Skyrcrane

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 01:46 PM
pappywolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skyrcrane

Hey, has anyone ever built a skycrane ?. I have a weedeater motor and heli parts just begen to fly. You know of any planes out there ? Thanks geter done !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 07:34 AM
heli_Rod

Default RE: Skyrcrane

I would love to build the Sky Crane, but at the prices Vario charge, it's probably not going to happen. They make a quality product....just too pricey for me.

http://us.vario-helicopter.biz/shop/...ducts_id=37696

Rod[]
Old 04-22-2007, 05:57 PM
pappywolf

That is the truth, I could not believe the price. I will keep watch for the plans or something we can use. I WILL find something. Later [>:]
Old 04-29-2007, 09:33 PM
pappywolf

CHECK THIS WEB PAGE , ON THE SKYCRANE, YOU CAN NOT DO MUCH BETTER THAN THIS. CLICK ON THE MODLERS PAGE, THEN ON THE LINE DRAWINGS. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK. http://www.ericksonaircrane.com
Old 05-04-2007, 12:26 AM
helinut205

Hello I was toying around with the idea of a balsa one to fit over a micro heli. Its cheap and the skycrane is boxy so there is not alot of curves and round parts to build, and with the electric tail rotor its easy to mount up on the pylon. I did experiment with a small flex drive on my hornet too. I just used a flex cable from one of my rc planes and just made sure the wind in the cable was going with the torque of the drive and it worked great.

Clayton
Old 05-04-2007, 04:14 PM
heli_Rod

If you get it worked out, helinut205, draw up a set of plans...I WANT ONE!...LOL I'm looking for something different to put on my CP Pro.

Rod