Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Warning!---- Rcm Plans Service----- Warning!

Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Warning!---- Rcm Plans Service----- Warning!

Old 04-10-2007, 12:45 PM
JIMARRINGTON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning!---- Rcm Plans Service----- Warning!

We need this thread to serve as a warning to all to not order anything from RCM Plans. But it is too easy for such a thread to turn into a flame fest and has required frequent moderating.

And let's face facts. Each new report at this point is just another swing of the whip against a long dead horse. As a result I'm going to lock and sticky this thread to act as a warning to all but one which doesn't require constant monitoring to become just a place for venting.

To those which got caught and feel the need to tell someone take heart that you're not the first to be caught by this issue. Please accept it and move on. Nothing will be gained by adding another tale to those already posted at this point.

At this point it is clear.

DO NOT ORDER FROM RCM PLANS

Hopefully we'll see this condition change soon and RCM Plans will pass on to some new operator that takes the idea of integrity seriously and we can again buy these plans in good faith. Until that time this thread will stay stickied as a warning.

Edited by BMatthews on Feb 12, 2014 to add the warning above.
__________________________________________________ __________________
Does anyone know if the RCM plans service is still open and has anyone ordered anything from them lately? They have so many good plans I hope they are able to keep it going after the demise of RCM

Jim

Last edited by BMatthews; 02-12-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:53 PM
meaden

Default RE: RCM plans service still open?

I orderd some around the first of the year. Expect a month or better for them to show up.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:15 AM
FOD MAN

All depends on which plans you order. the more popular plans they must keep in stock but the others they must print as needed. last i ordered took less than a week to reach me
Old 04-17-2007, 05:36 AM
Seeplaner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am happy to report that they are still working, my 2 Seaplane plans, Aquabird & Spectra arrived. I suspect they were recently printed, overall very happy.
About 10 days Air Mail to Australia
Just wish they would reply to any email queries, instead of totally ignoring
Old 04-17-2007, 04:27 PM
jlkonn
My Feedback: (1)

I've been trying to call them this week to order a set of plans for the Krier Kraft, plan 1308.
I never get an answer when calling the number on the website.
Is there another number that I'd have better luck with?
Thanks!
JLK
Old 04-18-2007, 07:39 PM
traxxboy

I ordered the Helldiver around June of 06
Old 04-24-2007, 03:06 PM
SKYHI1

April 24, 2007

FYI, they did very well by me. I ordered a set of plans of an Ultra Sport .60 on April 9th. The UPS man just delivered it. Two weeks is not that bad a deal.

Thanks
Frank
Old 04-25-2007, 04:46 AM
kestrel0222

I too have tried many times to get someone to answer the phone, but after 2 weeks of this, I have stopped trying. It too bad, they have alot of great plans.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:27 AM
mmattockx

ORIGINAL: jlkonn

I've been trying to call them this week to order a set of plans for the Krier Kraft, plan 1308.
I never get an answer when calling the number on the website.
Is there another number that I'd have better luck with?
Thanks!
JLK
I have always used the online service and it works fine. You never do get to talk to a person, though, that seems to be a bit of a black hole.

Mark
Old 04-30-2007, 08:25 PM
jlkonn

I have a great report to make!
I tried calling the plans service off and on every couple days at the beginning of the month without luck.
I did leave a message once.
Finally week before last I went ahead and took a chance and ordered two sets of plans on line.
Late last week I got a phone call from a very nice lady at RCM returning my phone message from a couple weeks before.
Then today I got the plans!
I consider that to be very good service.
It was no more than two weeks...probably more like a week and a half.
I am very pleased!
JLK
Old 08-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Model 10

This is a new Thread

anybody order any plans from RCM lately???They cashed my check on 07/15/2011 for a set of plans it is now August 08 2011 and no plans tryed sending e-mails but only got two e-mails back telling me thay were sent out......still do not have them .....talked to my post master and he ask for some infomation from them i sent an e-mail asking for this info got no answer......is any one having the same problem ????

first time in 50 years of modeling i have had a problem......I think this is a Buyer Beware before ordering from them........BMC
Old 08-09-2011, 05:13 AM
b.bixel
My Feedback: (123)

I ordered plans earlier this year. I got them PDQ!

Regards,
Bart
Old 08-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Darren40
My Feedback: (2)

I've never had an issue either, but I stick with online ordering. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Kiladog

I ordered from them about 3 weeks ago. I got the plans good plans too. But I emailed them to add 2 plans to save on shipping, and they charged my card but I only received the original order.Then I started email, phone never did get anyone to answer but I sent them another email and called again all I want is what I paid for and this Lady called and I think we worked it out she said they would ship tomorrow that was 3 days ago so we shall see. Small company I bet but at least I am buying something from USA. [X(]
Old 08-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Model 10

Hello Well good luck
i sent in my money on june 20,20011 i got an e-mail the first of july telling me they were on vacation removed money frome my bank ....july 15,2011 was told it was sent out .........never did get it ............sent more e-mails no answer..........sent yet another e-mail was told it would go out that day that was over a week ago .........then they told me that i was having a problem with my mail.........well i went to the post office to see what they had to say.......they gave me a list of items they needed to follow up on the two mailings .......sent AN E-MAIL to RCM asking for this info over a week ago never got an answer from RMC...... so i have been dealing with lie after lie now for about 5-1/2 weeks or so........i keep getting no reaponse from them..just totaly ignoring me......As a 50 plus year scratch builder of model aircraft this is my first with a rip off.....just incompetent way of doing things .....will never order another thing from them........no plan is worth all this crap........i ordered a set of plans from a great co a week after my order with RMC ....i have the order .....i have ordered the wood and was told it will be ship August 10 or 11..... now that is service.........
think they only have the right to use the name RCM as they went under some time back I also buy USA evenif some items are not from this country....... i have always supported US suppliers ......and i get great service from them all untel now......i get no joy out of playing game..........with people that are not up front with you .......just poor service all around......
I hope you have better luck........Model 10
IAM AT THIS TIME GETTING INFO READY TO SEND OFF TO THEBBB AND THE STATES ATTOURNEYS OFFICE OF COMSUMER AFFAiRS
in RCM state............Model 10
Old 08-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Robr0924

God I hope not I order three plans two weeks ago.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:28 AM
Model 10

hello

i ordered a set from them last year and it took forever to get ....the problem is with RCM ........never did build the aircraft gave the plans away. told me then theysent it out two times never got it .....then it came one day......but was not this long. thought maby it was just one of the thing that happen now and then......but this time ......im getting nothing .....poor service at best......i do not have time for all this playing around for nothing .........i will never buy from them again......they make it bad for the good hobby outlets....in the long run...people just getting into the hobby think if this is how it is i do not wont anything to do with the hobby........only take one bad apple....

wish you lock......with your order......just telling it like it is.....a heads up is in order.....Model 10
Old 08-10-2011, 04:38 AM
Kiladog

Oh no that nice little Lady promised me that she would get this right. Must be a two man operation but the plans are great when they finally ship them to you. I think I will wait a few days and then I will bombard attorney general and bbb every day for weeks lol This is the last time I will go threw this. All I want is what I ordered and they will save a customer and that is what I told the lady. I think 3 more days thats a total of 6 shipping days should be long enough so I will wait and if they dont come then I lost 30 dollars . They have a buyer beware button on there web site I did not read it maybe they tell u in there that they gonna screw you out of what u order LOL
Old 08-10-2011, 06:31 AM
Model 10

hello

Thats looks like a plan.... hope all is well for you on getting them.......yea i'm giving them untel August 12 that this friday and my complaint is in the mail to them ........If they get a lot of complants they can fine them or shut them down if you do not get your order.........i had to do
that one time with DELL computer trying to rip me off after i filed my complaint DELLS attorney called me and it was made right in one week .... they had overa truck load of complants doing the same thing....to others.....it also stays on the books forever giving others some help if they complane....it s my last choice...........But i think 6 weeks is to long .....3-4 i can see if you say i have a back log or our printer is down somthing ....but they just give no rosponse and lie that its going out and is never sent........now that get me......in todays world one never knows......
Old 08-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Kiladog

Update I got My Plans yesterday just like the lady said so thanks RCM plans service I will order 4 more plans soon from you. If you order from them don't mess with your order or you will have a time cause they don't answer the phone or emails so it took me almost 4 weeks to get it right but they made it right. Ok now time to order some wood any suggestions?
Old 08-12-2011, 08:32 AM
Model 10

Hello Great for you
Up Date BUYER BEWARE That all i can say.......

i did not get my order and was told if i wont my money back as ask for i need to send the plands back.......yea right
i ask RMC for the needed shipping infomation never got it......my post office thinks my order was never shipped either time and RCM did not give me a shipping RECEIPT copy saying the order was shipped ....

my post office told me if ordering from them get it certified mail or insured mail or somthing you can trace ....I have been rip off /scamed of my $32.50....Keep buying at some point you will get what i got nothing.....I got nothing today in the mail.....My papers will be off on monday To the BBB and The states Attorneys off.........BUYERBEWAR .......Model 10
Old 08-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Model 10

Hello This is a Up Date And a Buyer Beware.....

Had a conversation with law Enforcement to day ...is not looking good at this time....
I was told to go forward with my complants to the BBB and the States attorneys office let them do what they need to do.....
i was told that the way they do things by not returning phone call or e-mails and not give out any names is what they call following a set or general pattern for a rip-off or a scam......I paid by check thats why i did not get my order no way to do much the will do it with credit cards also 90 % of buyers get the items the othersdo not this can go on for a long time with the right pattern not calling people back and never giving out a name every thing i see on your letters fit the purchased through an internet site scam......making you an unwanted accomplices by making you think i got my items so everthing is ok ....any way what ever the states attorneys office can come up with if its a go then the internet crime complaint center call the IC3 will take over from that point ....by giving a buy 2 and get 1 free may just be a set up.....so please buy with some kind of tracking # so you can see just whats going on with your order............Keep building and...... Please Buyer Beware......Untel we see just what going on................
Old 08-12-2011, 09:30 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Model 10, one aspect to keep in mind is that I have never seen plans I ordered from anyone arrive in anything but a regular mail oversize envelope. They don't send this stuff out using methods where there's any tracking numbers so there's nothing for them to give you. It's just sent by regular mail. Or at least that's how it used to be.

If this is the one and only time it's happened to you it may well be that the USPS struck again and lost or mis-delivered your package. If so it may be a bit longer before the person that got it takes it back to be sent on to the right addresee. That being you. Or it may have just dissapeared into the big hole.

I agree that it sucks that you didn't get your goods. And it would be nice if the RCM plans folks would resend them out of good will. But it hardly sounds like a big conspiracy since it seems your's is the first actual loss to be reported by an RCU member.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:20 AM
Model 10

Hello

First off i never got my first order.... and i Quote: your second package was shipped on August 3rd from gold beach OR. it was shipped in a mailing tub per your request.........IDIDNOTGETTHISONEEITHER.
2......I ask for a lot of shipping Questions : I got noneof the info i ask for per my post office..........to help find the two orders........
3....like what address did you ship to.
4....proof that they were shipped Mailing Receipt.
5.....I ask for a shipping tub ......as it is less likely to get lost and I keep all plans in the shipping tube.
6.....have you ever got a name of anyone at RMC PLANS in OR.....
7....Takes forever to get someone on the phone or get a call back two three weeks isnot good.
8....do not send back an e-mail answer in a timely manner......
icould go on but i think you can get the point.

Last year i had the same problem with them ....after telling them i would file a complant i GOTASECONDSETno problem as you say the black hole got the first one.

I am 71 years old been in the hobby for over 50 years never have i ever had this happen with out getting my order made right by the supplier.......they just drop me....did not try to find the two mailings.....it has all the ear marks of a scam....

I paid by check.......as i do not now or ever used plastic money....even then you are not safe on getting your order.....ok
I do not like to be rip off or scamed so i look into the matter...and i ask the people who are in the know about the problem.....This is what i got it could very well be a scam it looks like a scam it reads like a scam....And they use customers like you as part of he scam its called......making you a customer an UNWIlling ACCOMPLICES...by say every thing is great i got my plans ...
sorry i do not like it anybetter then you ....but selling plans today for building aircraft not a lot of money in it...... I am filling my complant on monday ......we will see if nothing is wrong then Ok i will be the first to say thats good to know........ my local law enforcement thinks it may be a scam......If you would like more info send your e-mail on this post and i will talk to you off the Forum.....
.by e-mail........Model 10
Old 08-13-2011, 01:49 PM
EscapeFlyer

I have ordered A LOT of plans from RCM the last 2-3 years. Honestly, I have never had an issue.

It takes time to get the plans, and I always use plastic. Maybe that is the key.

I am waiting on another set I just ordered (Joe Bridi Kaos).

Brian

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.