Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Kadet Senior on scratch built floats

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Kadet Senior on scratch built floats

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 09:11 AM
aircowboy
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kadet Senior on scratch built floats

Here is my Kadet Senior on floats that I built from 2" pink construction foam. They work great on snow. I havent tried them on water yet because the lake is frozen. They are 36" long, 4" wide and weigh less than wheels. They can be removed and the wheels replaces in less than one minute!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55000.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	84926  
Old 12-24-2003, 11:31 AM
Goinstraightup
My Feedback: (26)

Default RE: Kadet Senior on scratch built floats

Great job aircowboy. That looks like it will be a blast. Let us know how it goes when the lake thaws. All our lakes are froze too. [>:]
Old 12-26-2003, 11:48 PM
Blackhawk RCU
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Kadet Senior on scratch built floats

If you haven't tried it, once you shape your pink or blue foam float, cover them with 1.5 or 2 oz. glass cloth and epoxy. I cover the bottom with two pieces of cloth. One peice forward of the step and one aft. Then I cover the top with one piece. The second coat of epoxy goes on later and them prime and paint. They are tough and will last forever and are not as heavy as most wood built up's. The don't leak and even in the worst crash will still keep the plane afloat. I have a friend who builds these floats and is very reasonable.

PS always use a lanyard from your engine to the float brackets. This method of building floats has never failed me in over 20 years.