Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Seaplane as second plane

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Seaplane as second plane

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 11:14 PM
SoaringCalvin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seaplane as second plane

Hi guys
I'm new to this this forum but not new to RC at the moment I have a Hobbyzone Supercub but I am looking for a step up in the form of a aileron trainer. The thing is I really want to get a seaplane but from looking they all sound to hard. I want a plane that is a native seaplane if you know what I mean like a Polaris or a Seawind which are to amazing looking planes not something like a Supercub on floats.

Thanks for any suggestions. Lastly I don't mind what form it comes in it can be a scratch build, kit, arf, or even reciever ready.
Calvin
Old 05-06-2010, 09:16 AM
beau0090_99

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Seaplane as second plane

I built a Sig Sealane as my second plane and it flies really well. It has a flat-bottom airfoil and big wing span. It handle choppy water pretty well and I fly it off of the sno and ice every winter. It is an easy kit to build (laser cut), and it looks pretty nice. It is the plane that is in my avatar with my son.
Regards,
Curtis