Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

EQ-10 Set up

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 11:12 AM
billd3
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default EQ-10 Set up

I'm setting up my EQ10 and I have a couple of questions:
Tx= JR 9303 2.4ghz
Rx= JR 921 2.4ghz

Using the Tech Reference guide I entered into the Options Menu and performed the "Reset All" which seemed to go OK. I then went to "Calibrate All" and the confusion began. With my TX on, I did the first part and all the CH lights started a slow blink. I then hit the second part and CH 1(thro), 2(Ail), 6(aux1), 9(aux 4-unplugged), and ch 10(aux5) would NOT calibrate: they all stayed on slow blink.
The ch1 has the first 3 wire plug inserted but I need it for my throttle. I assume I can still use it for that.??? I guess since there is really no need for the throttle servo to "center", or am I missing something?

In the Tech Guide I read that a ch on a toggle switch may not calibrate. Since ch6 is on a 3 way toggle (flap)...OK, I figured...but wait a minute...CH7 is on the other 3 way toggle and it CALIBRATED. (???)

The PE's CH9(aux4) plug was not used, so again I thought ...OK.

The aux5...well, since my Tx is a 9 ch Tx...The other 3 wire lead is plugged into it for the second batt.

Now I come to CH 2 (ailerons)...I wonder why that ch won't calibrate? I then tried to calibrate ch2 by itself but it didn't work.

Am I doing something wrong? I guess I'm really concerned about CH2 and the other channel I will use for the left wing panel ailerons(ch6)...

What's my next step?

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:22 AM
rrritchey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EQ-10 Set up

Hi,
You are correct that a channel will not calibrate if it is not close to center. This is why a toggle will not calibrate if it is up or down. If its a 3-position toggle it will calibrate if its in the middle position. I do not know why your channel 2 will not calibrate, have you plugged a servo into channel 2 to see if its operating normally? If not, try plugging a servo into your receiver channel 2 to see if it works. You should have your transmitter all setup for split ailerons before you calibrate. Its also possible that you have not zeroed out the contribution of the flap dial if you used FLAPERON to split your ailerons. I had a call with just this problem, on a 9303 I think, a week or so ago. He never could get the flap dial contribution out. I cannot help you on this. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:39 PM
billd3

ORIGINAL: rrritchey

Hi,
You are correct that a channel will not calibrate if it is not close to center. This is why a toggle will not calibrate if it is up or down. If its a 3-position toggle it will calibrate if its in the middle position. I do not know why your channel 2 will not calibrate, have you plugged a servo into channel 2 to see if its operating normally? If not, try plugging a servo into your receiver channel 2 to see if it works. You should have your transmitter all setup for split ailerons before you calibrate. Its also possible that you have not zeroed out the contribution of the flap dial if you used FLAPERON to split your ailerons. I had a call with just this problem, on a 9303 I think, a week or so ago. He never could get the flap dial contribution out. I cannot help you on this. Let me know if you have any other questions.
I placed the toggles in the center position and plugged a servo into CH2. I reset and did the calibrate function again and it WORKED. The only ones that did not calibrate were 9&10 and I believe this is normal...Thanks Robert!

BTW: not sure what you mean about "flap dial contribution" as the 9303 has no dials on it. The flap has a 3 way toggle.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:30 AM
rrritchey

Hi,
Did you split your ailerons using "Flaperon"? If so, the ailerons are controlled by two inputs. First is your stick for the true aileron part. Second is the flap input, on your transmitter this is a 3-position toggle. In the Flaperon menu you can adjust the flap contribution to the ailerons. You need to "zero" this contribution. I cannot give you the detail on how to do this on the 9303 though.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:25 PM
billd3

Hi,
Did you split your ailerons using "Flaperon"? If so, the ailerons are controlled by two inputs. First is your stick for the true aileron part. Second is the flap input, on your transmitter this is a 3-position toggle. In the Flaperon menu you can adjust the flap contribution to the ailerons. You need to "zero" this contribution. I cannot give you the detail on how to do this on the 9303 though.
Yes, They're split...Right off the bat, I don't recall this feature...The only reference to the Flap on the Wing Type page is at the bottom , referencing "Mate" and "Trim" which are inhibited...I suspect that this feature refers to the "flap trim", if and when the ailerons are also to be used as flaps. Since I don't do that on anything I fly, I just turn it all off in the "Device Selection" mode which transfers over to "wing Type"...I think/guess[sm=confused_smile.gif]. To further confuse the issue[sm=confused_smile.gif], I did make sure the flap and Aux trims are set at neutral...Oh Well...Life is good. Thanks again Robert!
Old 03-16-2009, 11:04 AM
billd3

Hello again...I'm baaaaack[].
Well, I was having such a nice day...got all the programming on the EQ10 done except ailerons...Read the instructions , turned the ch to #2, skipped the "Output Priority" set the "endpoint hold" and everything worked. At this point I thought I had this thing all figured out ...soooo I installed the left wing panel, selected ch6 and powered up in function 9. then turned to function 2 (endpoint hold)... looked down and the led was blinking slowly so I hit the "incr" button and NOTHING happened[sm=confused_smile.gif]. Help...I think I'm[sm=drowning.gif].

The Tx was turned on and Servo A plugged in.

I must be an idiot
Old 03-16-2009, 11:14 AM
rrritchey

Hi,
Are you positive you were in the Options Menu? Did all the LEDs blink on functions 8 and 6? Did you go counter-clockwise so you did not go through 0? If you could set End-point hold on one channel it has to work on the other.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:44 PM
billd3

Hi,
Are you positive you were in the Options Menu? Did all the LEDs blink on functions 8 and 6? Did you go counter-clockwise so you did not go through 0? If you could set End-point hold on one channel it has to work on the other.
Well, I might have known it would be something simple...I forgot about the "0" thing...You can't pass "0"; you can't collect your $200...If ya do, Ya go straight to jail

When I tried it again I caught myself trying to go clockwise and it hit me like a brick...Went counter-clockwise and everything worked great...I thank you once again, Robert. Someone ought to hang a sign on me saying "stay away from electronic things".

All kidding aside, now that I've gone through the pain, the next time will be a breeze. This EQ10 is one sweet electronic tool[sm=teeth_smile.gif]