Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Prather Deep V 31

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Prather Deep V 31

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 08:54 AM
MeyeZor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prather Deep V 31

Hiya Boat guys and girls if there are any.

I'm a long time follower and first time entry into boats but many years experience with trucks and gliders.

I bought this Prather Deep V Hull too many years years ago to even recall. Its never touched water or even had a final coat of paint.
There is some small damage from moving across country and that is easily fixed. Planning a nice paint job.

My predicament is that I do not want to build it with the K@B 3.5 OB.... I was thinking of going brushless... at this point I have no hardware what so ever.
I was planning on buying some parts off Ebay or equivalent. Mainly a ESC and Controller from a Trxxas EREVO VXL or somthing like that as they are already water proofed
and readily available from local hobby shops.

I'm not sure what brushless motor to run and corresponding ESC with LIPO Config. The other option is I do have a few old Brushed motors hanging around and I could go that route but
I'm not sure. This is a old style boat and its hard finding info on what direction I should follow.

I think the inboard with a brushless is the way to go with this slightly heavier hull than new kits seem to be but I love the over look of this style and just want it to be fast and fun and possibly slightly over powered..
What do you guys think I look forward to hearing from you guys and your opinions, suggestions. Heres some pictures of its current state.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68797.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	1879349   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82699.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1879350   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp35397.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1879351  
Old 05-05-2013, 11:15 AM
785boats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Prather Deep V 31

One important thing you need to tell us is the size & weight of the hull. With that info, people can give you a more accurate recommendation.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:05 PM
MeyeZor

ya sorry I thought I had it there.... Prather Deep V 31" not sure of the weight but its stock hull... seems epoxy with some fiberglass cloth in it.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:16 AM
MeyeZor

I guess these forums have pretty much died.