Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Traxxas Blast-new product

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Traxxas Blast-new product

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 07:12 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Blast-new product

http://traxxas.com/products/marine/b..._blast3810.htm
I didn't look for long to see if there's already a thread about it but sorry if there is. Anyways, Traxxas just released a newer version of the Traxxas Blast. The good news is this at least shows potential for more marine progress from traxxas.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:44 PM
alloutcustom

Default RE: Traxxas Blast-new product

Ya right, ill believe "more marine progress from traxxas" when they actually put a flex cable in a boat
Old 03-17-2008, 08:00 PM
CadillacDTS2001

NEW? hardly... hahaha if you think a set of decals and a new hatch makes it a " new boat" wrong it is the same and will do the same as the original blast. same hull same crappy drive. same motor and crappy AM radio
Old 03-17-2008, 09:20 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

ORIGINAL: Taylor Shaw

NEW? hardly... hahaha if you think a set of decals and a new hatch makes it a " new boat" wrong it is the same and will do the same as the original blast. same hull same crappy drive. same motor and crappy AM radio
Agreed. I know, it's basically the same boat. The only difference is a newer looking hull, a new esc, and it's claimed to be more waterproof. But yes, I get your point. A fiberglass hull, medal prop, flex cable and FM radio, etc. and it would then be a better boat. Ya, recently traxxas has been big on releasing newer versions of the same thing.

What I meant by new is simply the fact that they just released this particular boat. And when I said the release shows potential for more marine progress from Traxxas, I mean they haven't completely dropped re-engineering their marine products. Hopefully they'll actually release something completely new to the marine product line in the nearby future.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:07 AM
retaobcr
Banned

It's ok, but the 380 has to go but the outdrive is so-so but for that size i just did like the Mini-V .098 cable left open at the transom and turns at least 20 degrees for a 14" boat is plenty for turning. Motor has to go, and ? the esc ability to standup to the task.