Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

War Ship

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 04:03 AM
chickendog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default War Ship

Hello,

I am looking to try and upgrade one of these war ships. However, i had one (the carrier)before and the hull was glued together and i couldn't open it. If anyone have these please let me know if they can be opened.

http://www.bananahobby.com/1108.html
http://www.bananahobby.com/1133.html

Old 06-08-2009, 09:12 PM
headhunter23

Default RE: War Ship

If they're like every other glued together hull(ndq) some acetone will work but it takes a while and is a huge pita to do properly, I normally get frustrated half way through and start slicing with exacto. Anyways with acetone or some other harsh chemical u can actually soften the abs plactic of the boat(which isn't good), so becareful and more patient than I am. Properly, is to be watching all the time and literly put on a drip or two, then start working the glued area apart after 5 min or so. Running a large area doesn't seem to work, the acetone seems to ruin the plastic if on too long etc. Essentially bring some beers but not enuff to say screw it and finish the rest o boat by forcing apart.

Others might have better ideas, i know it works but like I said u need patience, more than Ihave.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:59 PM
chickendog

I found out i am not a patient man 8( Ihope the War Ship, 20" would be easier to open.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10634.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1214805  
Old 06-09-2009, 05:42 PM
headhunter23

dude, do what u need to inside hull, glue all backtogether(even broken top), sand(takes long time and patence work your way up to 1000 grit, i would go 2000) and repaint, u won't notice ya fubared it.

Ivan.