Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

How much is this worth?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

How much is this worth?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 07:52 PM
TheFridge189

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much is this worth?

Has a clutched Zenoah with a mint condition Bonzi outdrive with sharpened and blanced prop.
How much?

images.craigslist.org/5E45Ke5H93Me3I93N9c6p4dc5346006c81845.jpg
images.craigslist.org/5I45Ec5Ma3I23Nc3l9c6p76cdc7265a511669.jpg

Old 06-25-2012, 07:54 PM
TheFridge189

Default RE: How much is this worth?

Old 06-25-2012, 11:01 PM
wetsleeves

Its only worth what someone is willing to pay......So are you talking about a whole boat with gear or just the gear you mentioned?
Old 06-26-2012, 05:28 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Buying or selling? That thing needs some serious work done as it's a plumbing and electrical nightmare, lots of cobbled up work!
I'm trying to look at it from both views, as a potential buyer or seller. As either one I'd only see it as a parts boat unless I'd want to spend a few hundred in trying to fix it up properly. The poor work drops the value on the whole thing.
Seriously, I've seen better boats go for only a couple of hundred at swap meets.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:32 AM
TheFridge189

Thank you for the input. I was planning on buying it for parts, or rtr. Could you give me some more specifics on why it's so junk, so I know what to look out for in the future? Or is it just things like the cooling lines are unorganized, etc.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:21 AM
Ron Olson

I see exposed electronics which isn't a good thing, they need to be waterproofed or placed inside a radio box. The water cooling exit line is going into the tuned pipe which can help to quiet the noise but at the same time, once the engine is shut down it can run water back down to the inside of the engine. The plumbing can be cleaned up as right now it's more of a pile of spaghetti.
When I see a boat built this badly it makes me wonder how bad everything else is that I can't see. How used or abused is the engine and clutch? Of course there is a worry aobut the radio system.
The prop appears to be too small for the powerplant. Saying that it's been sharpened and balanced the seller is grabbing at straws to find one good selling point. it then makes you wonder how well or badly that's been done considering the rest of what it's attached to.
If you make an offer on this thing, use this to your advantage even if it's just going to be a parts boat. Watch American Pickers or Pawn Stars, they use the same tactics when making a buy.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:28 AM
TheFridge189

Ok so I just saw it running on water. It definately isn't a looker, but it actually runs preety solid. It was definately a better performer then how it looked.
He is asking $950, which is way too high. Do you think $500-$600 would be a resonable offer? Or is it worth less?
The hull which I will more then likely strip is let's say $150
Zenoah with clutch $300 (It ran great)
Pipe $60
Outdrive system $200
When I saw it, all the servo's were water-proof traxxas servo's, and the reciver was in a waterproof box.
The radio was a 2.4ghz from traxxas. Out on the water it seemed fine.
So with that in mind, what do you think is a fair price?
Old 06-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Hesco Racing

Seriously for $500 you can get something way nicer
Old 06-26-2012, 10:40 AM
chief3452

Fridge, I wouldn't give $200 for that boat, seriously!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTS1000p?&C=B

Top of the page...Rio, box damage only. You will have WAY more fun with this Rio than that cobbled up mess on craig's list!
Old 06-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Ron Olson

$950.00 only if a huge bag of whatever he's been smoking comes with it! You can buy a new Warehouse Hobbies Enforcer for that kind of money. It's still a used boat no matter how you look at it and everybody takes a big hit selling a used boat. For that kind of money I'd probably sell you your choice (almost) of any boat that I own, maybe 2 or 3 nitro boats RTR.
To give you an idea, I could have bought a RTR American RC Boats Dart for $160.00 2 years ago at a swap meet and it was a helluva lot better than that boat. Yeah, kinda kickin' myself for not picking it up even for messing around with.
$250.00 would be my absolute top offer and not a penny more, it's just too much of a mess.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:16 PM
mistycreekboats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

250 max