Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Need a bit of help on my Mod Engine.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Need a bit of help on my Mod Engine.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 11:56 AM
nooh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need a bit of help on my Mod Engine.

how much did the omen ported head kit cost you, Daniel from omen quoted me $270 aud pluss post for a head kit and to port it.
Its just a stock head kit I brought from Tony at Hobby Supplies, Just going to rebuild this motor as stock m8, I have a Brand new Omen in my Apache which is just about Finished.

Tony still has Omens on Special

http://www.hobbysupplies.com.au/Zenoah.HTM

Cheaper to buy the whole motor.. Check the link out..

Henry.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:26 PM
benckie

yeah true i seen that and i spoke to Tony and Daniel about the omens, the omen motor does not realy intrest me, nice motors, but when i was resurching engines for my cat i did price replacement ported head kitsfrom difrent engine builers to work out the rebuild costs, just incase like bad hydro lock, or just wearing them out from use, to figger out witch way was the cheapest to rebuild, maintain and what offered the most bag for the buck i also used customer service in my choice, Tony's customer service is great, but i whent with a difrent choice and im running it in my cat an enjoying my choice,
Old 02-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Scott Schneider

ORIGINAL: benckie

yeah true i seen that and i spoke to Tony and Daniel about the omens, the omen motor does not realy intrest me, nice motors, but when i was resurching engines for my cat i did price replacement ported head kits from difrent engine builers to work out the rebuild costs, just incase like bad hydro lock, or just wearing them out from use, to figger out witch way was the cheapest to rebuild, maintain and what offered the most bag for the buck i also used customer service in my choice, Tony's customer service is great, but i whent with a difrent choice and im running it in my cat an enjoying my choice,
I can build you up a Full race G260 and make it #5 that I have shipped into OZ in the past 2 months
E-mail: [email protected]
Old 02-18-2010, 11:18 PM
nooh

I saw the Motor in your cat build m8, You will go way past 100kph with that engine. I got the Omen in my 56inch Apache and I will be trying to get 90kph with that motor if I do then I will be happy, Also I took the Top head cylinder and piston to show our mechanic at work and he told me it was not that bad, just need new bearings and piston Ring and he reckon it will be ok, So maybe will try and see what I can do, I have ordered a whole new complete crankshaft and heaps of other parts so really got nothing to loose, if it don't work then can always go back to plan A and turn the motor back to stock. Will see.

And Scott just out of Curiosity I sent you an Email..

Henry.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:20 PM
benckie

Thanks Henry, i need some BIG props 70 mph in play mode should be posible once i can get full throttle but thatsif it stays on the water.

i want to take it out today and try another prop, but my tachs dead so not sure if i should leave it on 80% wot and try it as i dont want to over rev it

with my experence with air cooled rc 2 strokes Henery not trying to be nasty i would say they heads dead, it might run okish when cold but once it arms up it will just loose power, the damage looks small but for our little 2 stroke rc engines thats big mobs of damage it will never run right again.

Scott you would be my first choice for a g260pum, once i finsh moving house i will talk to you about a mod 3014/2
Old 02-19-2010, 12:11 AM
Scott Schneider

ORIGINAL: nooh

I saw the Motor in your cat build m8, You will go way past 100kph with that engine. I got the Omen in my 56inch Apache and I will be trying to get 90kph with that motor if I do then I will be happy, Also I took the Top head cylinder and piston to show our mechanic at work and he told me it was not that bad, just need new bearings and piston Ring and he reckon it will be ok, So maybe will try and see what I can do, I have ordered a whole new complete crankshaft and heaps of other parts so really got nothing to loose, if it don't work then can always go back to plan A and turn the motor back to stock. Will see.

And Scott just out of Curiosity I sent you an Email..

Henry.
Received and back at ya
Old 02-19-2010, 12:35 AM
nooh

with my experence with air cooled rc 2 strokes Henery not trying to be nasty i would say they heads dead, it might run okish when cold but once it arms up it will just loose power, the damage looks small but for our little 2 stroke rc engines thats big mobs of damage it will never run right again.
Thanks Shane but got nothing to loose trying, This the first time I have dismantlement a small engine and attempting to put it back together, If it works all good if not then I don't care I will have learn't something. And like I said always got the stock kit to get it going no matter what happens.

And thanks Scott for the quick reply to my E-mail.

Henry..
Old 02-19-2010, 01:04 AM
benckie

might aswell try it
Old 02-19-2010, 03:30 AM
noahdear
My Feedback: (2)

You are doing what my plan is Henry. Once I completely bugger a motor I will dismantle it to learn how they go back together. I have come close twice but the barrel has been ok both times. My big yellow monster is now doing over 90k estimated thanks to some tuning help at the club on Sunday. I had the pipe too short and the H needle a bit too lean. It's amazing how 2 small adjustments can turn a ho-hum boat into a missile. I think it's doing over 90 because there was a boat doing 88k and mine was able to rein it in in the length on one straight. My gps batteries were flat.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:55 PM
nooh

It's amazing how 2 small adjustments can turn a ho-hum boat into a missile.
Not wrong there Tony, I remember adjusting the stinger on the back of my easy-vee just a mill or two and getting an extra 5kph. Anyway I should be getting all my spares for the Motor early next week, Had fun pulling it apart so will see how I go putting it back together and hopefully it will fire up..