Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

holes in transom of hydroplane?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

holes in transom of hydroplane?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 11:48 PM
silverbullet02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default holes in transom of hydroplane?

Hey all...brand new here...prolly cause my hydroplane just got here today...it's an older one, has a zenoah weedwacker engine in it...took it out tonight, ran into a couple problems...one, it needs dialed in, stalls under anything more than part throttle...that's no biggie, but found out i need to seal my electronics compartment, lol. Anyhoo, there's a hole on each side of the transom in the back...before i left i siliconed these up, but then no water could drain, cause it seems to take on water when taking off, due to the nature of the hydroplane. are these holes supposed to be left open to let water drain when you're up and running? i'm kinda clueless here...i've had a nitro vee for a couple years, been having a blast with it, but i seen a deal on ebay i couldn't refuse. so i'm learning as i go here, for i know nothing about this boat or engine. thanks a lot for the help, and sorry for the long post...

Brian
Old 09-17-2003, 04:51 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: holes in transom of hydroplane?

yes the holes are for draining the water out as you are running. just make sure you have floataion in it.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:01 AM
75Blazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: holes in transom of hydroplane?

You could use an auto bailer in the holes. They have a float inside that plugs the hole when the boat is sitting or idling. They open when the boat is at speed to allow water to exit.

They have them here: http://www.aeromarinerc.com/ Part #7008 they are $5.95 each