Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

RTR ONLY RACE

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

RTR ONLY RACE

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 05:03 PM
RcBoatman59

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RTR ONLY RACE

It will work just fine thanks
Im thinking for the unlimiteds, they be seperated by hull size somehow, something like up to 36 inches, and then everything bigger maybe ? Im not sure what the lengths of some of the other rtr's are, but I think up to 36" would accomodate everything up to and including the Shockwave 36's & the TC31's. Then the bigger rtr's like the Shockwave 55's, Blackjack 55's & the 1/8th scale hydros would be in a class together. Any size engine or hardware you can stuff into it as long as it started out as a production rtr !
Old 09-05-2007, 12:03 AM
Harald1966

Great idea Norm!
I want to join if you can help me find a good RTR boat.

The location in Oklahoma City should be perfect, since I-35, I-40 and I-44 are crossing here.
If you need help to organize, I would be more than willing to show up.
This could also be a good opportunity to promote the rc-boat sport to the local citizens, and hopefully get more boat owners in the area?

About the rules, don't be to picky, especially against new drivers. Have fun should be the most important. Let other discuss politics.

I hope you still are planning to arrange the other race in April, also?
Old 09-05-2007, 05:52 AM
RcBoatman59

Yes we are still going to have our race next year. ( its looking like we may hold 2 sanctioned IMPBA races next season, but we wont know till later on, very tight scheduling, etc. ) ) The RTR only race will be all on its own...
I totally agree about the rules, they need to be simple and allow room for new boaters that dont know much about the hobby yet.
The rules are easy, its the classes that need to be decided. We have a start on them but I still need more input, from the electric and gas rtr people.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:58 PM
terry kelly

when are we looking at having the race, if we could do it in the summer like when the kiddies are out of school, i could make this some kind of family trip to sooth the wife a bit..lol
Old 09-14-2007, 09:13 PM
RcBoatman59

If we do, it will be during the summer sometime