Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Nervous Racer!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Nervous Racer!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 12:46 PM
n00bie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nervous Racer!

This is probably a VERY stupid question. I just need to know if I am the only one that this happens to.
I have been told that I drive very well, and should not be so nervous. I have actually won a few! But every time I get up there to race my knees shake, and my hands shake uncontrollably! Then when I am up there I can relax a little bit, until there is a dead boat in the water, then I freak out again.
Anyone else have this problem? Does it go away? Or am I just s whimpy girl?

I love the boat, and if I stay this nervous, I will have to just go watch the races.

Thanks
Lauri

Old 09-10-2007, 01:14 PM
hydroracer11g

Default RE: Nervous Racer!

I use to get that way racing the boat in the picture. But It went away with time for myself. Don't think the little ones will do it to me, but i will find out my first time on the stand.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43594.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	760320  
Old 09-10-2007, 02:10 PM
topfuel4430

When your knees stop shaking, its time to find another hobby, or a faster boat. Its what I love about racing.

It happens all the time, but it will get better.

~James
Old 09-10-2007, 02:44 PM
BigSlick

You would be surprise how many people get the shakes, its all part of the fun. I was asked to pit for someone that ended up 1st overall. Standing beside him, I couldn't believe how much his remote was shaking. I thought it was going to fall out of his hands. Kept telling him to take a deep breath and assured him he was making a good run. Sometimes your pit person can help keep you calm, but it is defenitely something you learn to deal with. Good luck and keep racing!!
Old 09-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Dan S

yup, it happens all the time, when I went to my first regatta I was shaking as soon as the boat hit the water.

heck, every time I try a new boat I start shaking, its called "Adrenaline", and that is GOOD.

James couldn't have said it any better.

Dan.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:09 PM
jdoug

Shoot, both of my brothers were laughing at me the first time I put my gasser in the water. I was nervous as heck that my $1200 model was going to take off on me. It did just fine...it was me that was shakin' like leaf.

I do the same thing with my Heli, except those will show you that you are shaking because the chopper will shake right along with you.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:34 PM
webdr

Thats funny you say this, whenever I make a turn or Im about to case a jump with my truggy, I lock my knees or bite my lip!

When I was drag racing my 1:1 camaro back when I was 18, the first time I ever pulled up to the line, I almost wet my pants I was so nervous. Dont tell anyone that!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:27 PM
wave waker

i remember a year ago when my very first boat racin' in Celina,Oh, i'm so nervous like a bat[sm=75_75.gif][sm=red_smile.gif], my knees won't stop shakin' and feels like so weak that i couldn't straigthen-up, my hands are cold and shakes too, my body so stiff, i'm laughing to myself everytime i remember it..from time to time i'm still shakin' a bit until now depends on how close fight it is and who's ur racin' with but i learned how to relax though.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:52 PM
toyotatruckin

Ill go with above when you stop being nervous its time for a faster boat racing or not... Its the rush of Adrenalin that does it to ya!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Sean Bowf

I get nervous too, I don't think I have ever got the shakes though. I just gotta go pee till the race is over...then I am fine till the next heat...

As to dead boats and stuff. I take a pretty wide path around stuff like that most of the time. I have seen folks shoot the gaps between a dead boat and a bouy to get ahead...but I would rather be behind than run over someone elses boat. Your pit person should be reminding you every time you come up on the dead boat...especially if it is being moved by the wind/current.

Sean
Old 09-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Kelly Miller

Lauri....you have been diagnosed Normal LOL. I still freak out when someone says Dead Boat...but a good pit-man will tell you exactly where to go. A good pit-man can make all the difference in the world. I run a .67 rigger that still does the same thing to me.........best adrenalie rush I have found. I would probably shake worse just watching.

Kelly
Old 09-10-2007, 09:32 PM
misshydro

The only way I get nervouse if I hit or sombody else hit my boat!![:@] That the only nervers I would feel!![>:]Alot of guys have alot of time and money invested in there boat!and if they reck them you could have a fight??? Like the guys on NASCAR!!!! Tempers flies!!! at races!!![X(]
Old 09-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Only once and that was when I was racing nitro trucks. I went to a big event, the Kyosho Off-Road Championship Grand Prix when they held it in Sterling Heights, MI. I started 12th and in the first corner everybody else piled up so I simply drove around the mess. I was doing fine until the announcer on the PA said that I was leading the race. All of a sudden I started shaking, mostly my right butt cheek! My hands weren't doing so hot either as my truck was all over the track. Being up on the drivers stand by myself I had to try to calm myself down. The truck ran out of fuel about 30 feet from the finish line so I was instantly bummed out. The shocker was that although I was out of fuel I had still won by a lap!
Seeing how I know most of my competition, it seems easier to race against them.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:08 AM
malicent

ha ha ha i have seen her shake its kinda funny, just like the last race she was the only boat out if 6 that wasnt dead but she killed it so that she would not hit any of the others, thats ok im sure that ill do the same like i told you lauri, me and you will race around by ourselves through the poles at longlake hahah

jeremy,
mikes son...
Old 09-11-2007, 12:45 AM
cudacuda

You do just great, see everyone has the same shakes as you even me, you have seen my boat hit the beach, flip and all I do is laught and have a good time. IT IS ALL ABOUT HAVING A GOOD TIME ;} Look at your other half, he is into and having a great time. I will be racing again soon with you maybe the next race. Don't worry about hitting someone else's boat if it happens the guys you run with know you are not out to get them, they're all out there having a good time. See you at the next race
Old 09-11-2007, 10:30 PM
n00bie

Geeeee thanks!

Its not that funny when youre the one doing the shaking. I just need to have Bob up on the stand with me telling me where everything is out there. It is hard to tell when everyone is below the stand telling me WATCH OUT!

Lauri
Old 09-12-2007, 09:29 AM
zippymustang610

i get nervouse when i drop the boat in the water and people who are just walking around the pond stop and watch, i always here myself saying please dont stall out please dont stall out haha i want people to see the boats running top notch so they can see what a good day is like cause heck thats how we all got the rc boating addiction isnt it? i was racing 1/24th slot cars for a few years and every time i got up to the pannel i would sweat and shake but once it got going all i was worried about was keeping my eyes on my car(hot pink is my secret to success in that categorgy haha) as i plan on racing soon i am sure i will get just as jittery on the boat stand!! perhaps ill have to paint my hulls hot pink lol
Old 09-12-2007, 02:54 PM
joseywales

This is no differents, I used to drag race!!Or better yet when I had a show car,going to car shows,Same feelings!! Just nerves,when you do more racing it'll get less for you.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:59 PM
TIA

Take deep breaths and concentrate on being a better driver, strategizing your next move, and continuing to take deep breaths through your nose.

It really works!