Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 05:29 PM
PropCircles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Craig - sent you a PM. See you on Sat.
Bob
Old 04-29-2011, 03:19 PM
advanced builder

I know you like to keep your post count low Prop. I did find my battery's and I made a few of theses. I ran one set on my 1/4 scale rigger that I'm bringing. you can run all day long on them. I put the battery's away from myself. I found em
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56632.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1601022   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68175.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1601023   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vb73908.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	1601024  
Old 05-01-2011, 02:44 PM
advanced builder

Stony pond test 5/1/11 and a dunk http://youtu.be/zL4BGhp9hL8
http://youtu.be/vaqBaYcZXjQ
Old 05-01-2011, 04:57 PM
kgibson4
My Feedback: (4)

What boat is that?
Old 05-01-2011, 05:05 PM
advanced builder

Blackout

Name:	Vt57411.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1602548  
Old 05-02-2011, 03:07 AM
Blackout

Yup, my Speedmaster with an o.s. 46vx-m. I'm still only running last year's boats....

But, we ran with the driver's stand for the first time this weekend and we have bouys on the south side. Still need to get bouys on the island side. And this summer the island is gonna get dug out. It will be my summer work-out program. Neil ramped his JAE 21 on the back side of the island. It flew in the air and landed perfectly and kept running. The only real damage were the boom tubes. The waves were doing some wierd stuff just after the island and causing havic at times when the wind picked up. That is where I submarined the mono.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:57 AM
engineman351

Testing the Seaducer 'gasser' was exciting as usual!! It was certainly 'evil' handling with the SD1 Seaducer prop on it. I'm thinking I need to get some of the prop out of the water (raise the strut). I think the back end is getting lifted out of the water by the prop and pushing the nose down. Thanks to Bob (Propcircles) for letting me try the modded 7016. It seemed to be showing some promise until the rough water bounced to hull into the air. I never saw a mono that big look like a helicopter!! Craig, that .46 mono was book'in pretty good!! Again, thanks again for the hospitality. Roger C.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:19 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Testing the Seaducer 'gasser' was exciting as usual!! It was certainly 'evil' handling with the SD1 Seaducer prop on it. I'm thinking I need to get some of the prop out of the water (raise the strut). I think the back end is getting lifted out of the water by the prop and pushing the nose down. Thanks to Bob (Propcircles) for letting me try the modded 7016. It seemed to be showing some promise until the rough water bounced to hull into the air. I never saw a mono that big look like a helicopter!! Craig, that .46 mono was book'in pretty good!! Again, thanks again for the hospitality. Roger C.
Roger, Glad you showed up in the afternoon. Too bad the weather went in the crapper though. I would love to see your .67 Mongoose run! Nice looking boat.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:08 PM
advanced builder

That was a ball Craig.
I wish my.21 rigger flip was on tape. Your the only one on tape. Sorry to put the dunking first. I was just excited I got the video. Yes the wind was tricky. I just had to test the launch ramp. My prop is dinged up also. My speed got to me. That stuff happens once in a while. No buoys hit. I did OK on that end. That darn launch ramp got me, Add in some speed. That hull had taken some hard hits. Good builder bad driver. Gotta start to get that .21 Cat painted. soon
Old 05-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Blackout

Oh yah, Bob, Prop Circles, had the honor of losing the first prop to Stony Pond!

I'm going to tell the kids where it is about and have the kids look for it this summer when they go swimming.

Next time Neil, I'll take some video of your rigger. I was meaning to, but got lazy....
Old 05-03-2011, 05:24 AM
advanced builder

Never mine the kids,Ill dive in. a $70.00 prop. You got a lot done on the stand. You'll have more time later for some Videos. I'm looking at Friday down in Elmira. Just the one day for testing for me. Last year the water was too high to find the buoys posts. A great time we had just the same. Prop, thanks for putting me up for the night. Your hulls are really cool. Love them paint jobs. I'm not sure if I'd run-em. I'd cry if they got scratched. especially the way I drive. I'm loving gas more and more. I did get my Speedmater handle. all hooked up and ready to spin.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Joe Petro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When Neil starts his boat, you should always get the video camera out...
Always entertaining...

Sorry I couldn't be there.
People keep calling us, asking for boat kits and hardware!

Joe
Old 05-03-2011, 07:05 PM
advanced builder

I'm one of his best customers. Parts replacement. Boom tubes, sponson, and spare hulls. Why I squeeze that trigger so much is just ,Rigger fever and plane-ole fun. I am a better driver. This year. We all hope. I'm getting tired of repairs myself I better get that spare tub built.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Blackout

Assuming the weather is o.k., we should be able to have another test & tune on May 14 or 15th. That would be the weekend before the first Elmira points race; May 21,22.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:32 AM
advanced builder

OK cool I just replaced the receiver in the .12 and sprayed it down with Corrosion-X I lost both my rudder and my throttle ,over the weekend. That time she hit the bank. I did wrap the receiver with foam. and still I had a glitch. Any V- hull is very common to nose dive. Nothing a driver can do. It's happened to me a few times. that happens during a race Seen it lots watching and pitting . Rigger's can do the same as well.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

OK cool I just replaced the receiver in the .12 and sprayed it down with Corrosion-X I lost both my rudder and my throttle ,over the weekend. That time she hit the bank. I did wrap the receiver with foam. and still I had a glitch. Any V- hull is very common to nose dive. Nothing a driver can do. It's happened to me a few times. that happens during a race Seen it lots watching and pitting . Rigger's can do the same as well.
Your reciever is a 2.4 ghz, correct? Futaba recomends to not wrap completely like we used to with the old recievers. The 2.4 recievers generate more heat. I noticed that my reciever was warm to the touch over the weekend. I use foam to keep my reciever in place, but I leave the top free so that heat can disipate.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Blackout

Neil, here is a link to what I am talking about...

http://www.futaba-rc.com/techsupport/receiver-tips.html
Old 05-05-2011, 07:36 AM
advanced builder

That spare cradle ,Craig Here she is I still need to do some more on her. Do you want me to hold on to it. or bring it tomorrow. I was heading down for a few runs, 2-3 -5:00 I don't plan on staying down.

Name:	Sq48230.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	1604564  
Old 05-05-2011, 07:44 AM
engineman351

Craig, Nice tip on the FASST receivers! Finished up re-building the gas rigger last night. Freshened up an old QD with the headbutton upgrade to 'oring' the head, new piston ring, upped the exh timing, and put on a OD Hotpipe. When I bought this hull and tried it a couple of seasons ago I couldn't get any power out of the motor/old pipe combo. I think the exh timing and pipe length were way off. Hopefully I'll make Elmira on Friday with the gas and nitro riggers and the 'evil' 47 Seaducer. I'll probably bring the VS1 Tunnel too so when I get frustrated with the big stuff I can have a boat that I know runs!! Roger C.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Blackout

The cradle looks good Neil!

I won't be at Elmira this weekend. I need to get the wife's motorhome down to Bath on Saturday. I should be at the first Elmira points race though.

Roger, does the water on Brick pond ever get as rough as my pond? Sure seems crazy how I can get such huge waves on a relatively small pond. Brick pond is protected pretty good with houses and trees....
Old 05-05-2011, 11:44 AM
engineman351

Craig, no, I do not recall having Brick Pond getting the size 'chop' that Stony Pond can get. There have been times where we have had to throttle back with hydros and cats to avoid blowing off when going up wind, but nothing that has caused the boat to easily bounce into the air. Certainly we have had some spectacular flips caused by boat wakes. Stony Pond is pretty open. Hey...just got to run earlier on most days. RC
Old 05-05-2011, 05:17 PM
advanced builder

I wish my AC lighting cat was done. I still didn't paint. I recall my MM18 was kinda bouncy and liked to flip. I'd like to test next week. If I get her painted. I did Finnish the carrier for the .21 -needs sealing. see you all soon.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:21 AM
advanced builder

Broke my crank as one can see the mods, Don't go that far on removing material.
OK the Futaba ,article. Yes I read it I'm thinking ,if you run lipo's sure. I do put my receiver inside a baggy. I've gotten water inside my riggers more than once. I feel safer I lost 2 -2.4 receivers last year. due to water. The foam was placed inside around my faulty receiver. The NIB receiver was sprayed down with Corrosion X

Name:	Us54719.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	1605306   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78983.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1605307  
Old 05-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Broke my crank as one can see the mods, Don't go that far on removing material.
OK the Futaba ,article. Yes I read it I'm thinking ,if you run lipo's sure. I do put my receiver inside a baggy. I've gotten water inside my riggers more than once. I feel safer I lost 2 -2.4 receivers last year. due to water. The foam was placed inside around my faulty receiver. The NIB receiver was sprayed down with Corrosion X
That sucks! [X(] Lesson learned.....

Old 05-08-2011, 05:29 AM
advanced builder

I'll say away from foam as it does hold water. My #2 crank is almost done. it's the inside of the crank that needs TLC. I like to buff it out. enhance & open the intake. I may try the bump in the center of the crank as well as a bevel using ATV

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.