Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 05:39 PM
advanced builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

I'm home with a great day of running. Ottawa what a good time. the pond is large ,secluded and a great bunch of guys. We did get rain yesterday. The pond is on a gravel bed property. A good mile off the road,back in. plenty of room for all 10 -12 guys running today. The race moved kinda quick. It was a big club years ago. 20 members and more every year. revised newer members. They love the Gas riggers. I had the only .21 -.12 riggers. I did have some starting problems with all my nitro hulls different needle settings. The cat is still not setup yet. Pipe/prop combo. 2 adjustments on the strut. My E Vee did well until I hit a turtle or fish. I t died in the race line and got hit. I'm semi OK I do need a new rudder. The shear pin worked but a bushing was lost. Very sloppy rudder. but I just got a NIB one from Joe. My .12 rigger lost a bearing Not good I got one good run in. My .21 rigger ran great. But a bad launch and my flex coupler came off. One little thing after another. Good day of running still. My Santa Fe and trailer look like I came off the range. mud from the gravel bed. gray mud not brown mud. I plan on going back later in the season, if I can do it. Rooms were kinda High price wise, close to the airport. But it was a nice place. Camping is OK at the pond, out house no power. I had fun that's all that matters.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:27 AM
Blackout

That sucks about your Easy-Vee! Any issues getting it going again for the next Elmira race? If they have a turtle problem, they should put out a trap. I remember the topic being discussed a while back on one of the forums.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:47 AM
advanced builder

Craig I also cut a buoy and may have caught the line with my rudder. That's what I think did it. no one else hit anything.
No- all fixable on the damage. I do have a prop cut on the top of my transom. The mini muffler is bent. The sound is aimed toward the water.
That cat hull is still bugging me
Old 05-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Blackout

Did you get a shorter pipe on the cat?
Old 05-29-2011, 04:49 PM
advanced builder

Yes I did have a short and a long pipe. I tested. Craig go here and look If you notice I hit a buoy at turn 3 right out of the gate. That's why I lost my rudder. The buoys are soccer balls with a brake drum as a weight. http://s6.zetaboards.com/MODRCc/topic/8742260/1/#new
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jI4FrpTa4U
Old 05-30-2011, 04:56 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Yes I did have a short and a long pipe. I tested. Craig go here and look If you notice I hit a buoy at turn 3 right out of the gate. That's why I lost my rudder. The buoys are soccer balls with a brake drum as a weight. http://s6.zetaboards.com/MODRCc/topic/8742260/1/#new
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jI4FrpTa4U
WOW!

With the cat, you still weren't getting good speeds with a shorter pipe? Is there a chance something is wrong with the engine? You should be getting similar speed as last year with your old cat.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:45 AM
advanced builder

My first heat was very uneventful on my EVee I came in second .I need to work on the start.
this is the 2 setups I used. I'm honing on the the one that's on their 9 1/2 "
My .21 hull gets a new pipe as well and a new rear pipe attachment
I got 3 pipes from Bill last meet a good deal
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74929.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	1616720   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44952.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	1616721   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ek15267.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1616722  
Old 05-30-2011, 06:26 AM
Canadian LoCo

Hello Neil aand to the rest of the guys well I'm glad to hear that you had a great
time at our site I have been working hard to get it back up to par.
so how was your trip back home?I hope all was well.
I see that your talking about my friends Cat LOL man your easy V must be built
like a rock he's going to have to get a few things to get her in the water.
oh well things do happen it should not have happened anyways since there was only
the 2 of you on the course I need to teach all our new guys about what a pit man should be
doing and not just listen to me as the CD they need to comunicate with the driver alot better
I found out that his pitt man didnt not tell him to go wide our cut the course or just plainly
shut the boat off I wasent very pleased out of this outcome.
well it can be expected since most are new and it was there first time racing/pitting.
the one good thing is that they are all going to have alot of race time in before our Sanctioned race in Sept...
get all the bugs out this is the type of guy I am.
anyways I hope to see some of you guys at one of our races during our season or at the IMPBA race in Sept..

Gary thanx for the kind words
your always welcome to our races anytime
Regards
Luc
OVR Admin
check us out on our forums lot's of info about our club.
http://s6.zetaboards.com/MODRCc/index/
Old 05-30-2011, 05:01 PM
advanced builder

Yes we did have fun. http://youtu.be/gf1gt0Pohys
http://youtu.be/cb_D-0URHME
Old 05-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Canadian LoCo

yup that's me OVR Star of the day
thanx for posting the vid
Old 05-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Blackout

The north bouys are in. Went swimming to do them. The water was actually pretty nice. Karl helped too.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:24 PM
advanced builder

When do you want to test? looks like the boys went for a swim. We can do a mid week or weekend run. we better before the kids take it over for swimming
.I lost my .12 bearings ,yup the old case I have the new case to use I also have a new rudder in hand. Got it when I went to see Joe. The cat would get 3/4 around the course and stall-out. did it several times. Reset my needle to 3 3/4 I need to look inside. The hull needs a doctor. Look over all my fuel lines. as well.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:24 AM
Blackout

Hi Neil,

I talked to Bob last night. Did you decide whether you want to test today or Thursday at 5:00? We can do Sunday after 2:00 pm also. Might be windy today.

Edit: Just checked the weather. It's going to be windy tommorrow and today, not good for testing riggers. It's up to you. Sunday's forecast looks good.

Craig
Old 06-01-2011, 06:30 AM
advanced builder

Lets keep a eye open. I'm ready with my EVee and I'm playing with my cat now.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Lets keep a eye open. I'm ready with my EVee and I'm playing with my cat now.
O.K.

I'm trying to get my .20 Tunnel done for the next Elmira race. I'll run that in .20 mod tunnel. The .21 rigger is too fast for me right now, but I still might race it. I just need somegthing slower to practice with.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:33 AM
advanced builder

Prop called and said High winds over your way. We put up the RED flag,for today at least.
I found my problem with the cat. bad pluming. My engine kept OVER HEATING. that's why I got only 3/4 of a lap and die. I did add snap=ties to all my fuel lines. Now just down to the right prop and I'm off and running. I have one .12 Zip rigger hull waiting. Just buy me a new .12 lite kit in exchange. IT'S YOURS if you want. $150.00 for a NIB .12 NR .
OR pull your .21 engine and put it in a MM.18 I planed on giving that hull to your boys anyways. Speeds you can do now. We all can play at the same time with the .12 zips. -crazy running.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Blackout

Thanks Neil. I'll pass on the .12 for now. I'm pretty sure I can get used to the .21 speeds, I just need to practice in traffic with a slower boat.

Are you going to the London, Ontario points race June 18-19?
Old 06-01-2011, 11:59 AM
advanced builder

Yes I plan on going. Are you in the family planing on a trip or just you? Also to OVR in July. A easy trip all highways. The event in Sept3-4 is off for me. My sons wedding The NLRCC has a good breakdown of the entire events. I'm free for what ever. Nice day just a bit windy ,I'm free all week I think.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Blackout

I'm not going to Canada until I get my driving and boats sorted a bit. I was just thinking about the options. It sounds like both are a 5 hour trip for me. I need to renew my passport also. Do they let RV's stay over night on site at Ottowa? Is the ground sound enough for a 22,000 pound RV? Just thinking....
Old 06-01-2011, 01:22 PM
advanced builder

Yes it is they run dump trucks. One camping site with hookup is down the road 1 mile. All 2 lanes all the way. Nothing but a out house on site. plenty of space to park on-site. semi away from the WORKING gravel bed. CLOSED on the weekend The pond is NO SWIMMING. blood suckers. They lock the gates you will know the combination if you go of course. Our darn summers are so short. You want to go watch the Nationals right? or do you want to enter. The V -hull is the easiest. But you may have more fun running the Tunnel, good competition in that class.. Did you notice the lead weights on a few tips?
Marko he camps at the park as he lives near Montreal.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:36 PM
ozzy1

Hi Blackout,

My name is Ozzy, I am with the Ottawa Club. Yes you can stay overnight at our racing site. There is no hookups. As for the ground you should be good. Pete Forsyea used to come to our races with his big RV. You could get in touch with Pete he'll let you know if he had any problems. Hope to see you in September.

Ozzy
Old 06-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Canadian LoCo

you guys are always welcome to any of our event's even the full weekend coming up in July
hope to see you here.

Regards
Luc
Old 06-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Blackout

Guys, that sounds great! Camping overnite on-site makes the trip worth it. No hotel or campground fees. Helps pay for gas.

The motorhome is my wife's. It's huge, almost too big for me. Her father helped pay for it so that was nice. It's 36 feet long with 3 slide outs. All self contained, no hook-up needed.

Neil and Bob, We are not going to be able to run tomorrow. We unfortunately had to put down our dog this afternoon, so things are screwy around here....

Sunday afternoon after 2:00 is still a good option.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:40 PM
PropCircles

Hi Craig - sorry to hear about the dog. Sunday sounds good to me as long as you're up to it. There's always practice next Friday in Elmira...

Count me in for the next road trip to Ottawa. I'm still thinking about London - depends on how things go in Elmira.

Bob
Old 06-01-2011, 07:59 PM
advanced builder

That old dog was a big family dog. Loved the boys. sorry to hear. My brother has a old golden lab, She's 13 years old. I'm sure I will get a call any time.
Things will be good down in Elmira.I put the .67 K&B back in rigger my own hull. Made in the style of a Dumas Hawk, experimental. I did see it run once. chewed up a flex shaft ,and is now ready to test my new stuffing tube. The hull is kinda long but we will see what she can do. I was told it will never drive any good. I want to see. I was thinking of cutting off the spare open bay. around 3 inch .We also need to slow down in traffic with the .21 SOME-HOW.adding a small prop may help. Sunday afternoon may work. Wow Props up to 19 posts. he's on a roll.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.