Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 03:43 PM
advanced builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

I like having my name with the likes of Terry Munn & Tim Kesh ,I gotta go a lot faster to beat them guys I like running with Craig in riggers. Now he's going fast too. I think I got lapped . Terry was coming in when I was going into lap #6
Saturday calls for all-day rain. I'll drive down Sat morn if it looks OK darn weather men
Old 09-06-2012, 05:58 PM
parshallboatworks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: waltk

Rick, sure thing. Are you making it to Elmira this weekend?

Walt
Walt,
no sorry, cant make it this weekend.... our flying club(yes airplanes...lol) is holding the "DICK PARSHALL MEMORIAL FLOAT FLY"
It is in honor of my dad,who did the float fly every year for years,after he died the Canandaigua chiefs club took over and named it after him... would love to go to Elmira, but have to honor dad... i will however take my rigger(.21) and my deep-v(.45 outboard) to further honor dad as he loved boats also... It is at honeoye lake, Sandy bottoms park an is alot of fun. will be involved in racing circut next yr. tho, hope to meet you sometime. thanks, Rick Parshall...
Old 09-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Canadian LoCo

Hey guys lot's of pic's up on our forums check it out
http://s6.zetaboards.com/MODRCc/topic/8834865/1/
Old 09-07-2012, 06:26 AM
Blackout

Luc, thanks for sharing those pictures, very nice!!

I found a small blue LiPo pack on the ground this morning. If anyone wants to bid on it, check on e-bay.

Just kidding... I'll bring it to Elmira. I think it's Roger's.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:28 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Blackout

I found a small blue LiPo pack on the ground this morning. If anyone wants to bid on it, check on e-bay.

Craig I probably lost a 18Mah 7.4 v blue zippy pack @ pond last night... I think it was a zippy or turnegy... Thanks, Rick P
Old 09-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: rickyak55

ORIGINAL: Blackout

Craig I probably lost a 18Mah 7.4 v blue zippy pack @ pond last night... I think it was a zippy or turnegy... Thanks, Rick P
O.K., it's yours then. You can pick it up the next time you are over.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:05 PM
engineman351

Craig...the small LiPo's I use are 350mah. What mah was the one you found?? I think Rick must have meant 180mah not 18mah. Roger
Old 09-07-2012, 10:43 PM
parshallboatworks

Yup ment 18mah 7.4... Getting used to touch screen on new I-phone..
Old 09-07-2012, 10:46 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: rickyak55

Yup ment 18mah 7.4... Getting used to touch screen on new I-phone..
180mah.... Aaaargh
Old 09-08-2012, 07:21 PM
engineman351

Very...very wet day in Elmira on Saturday. But, we got three full rounds in even with the downpours. Hey!...They are boats, no? There was a lot of stuff in the water after the storms passed thru. It was driving the electric boats crazy. The gassers just drove over it. There was an 'epic' race in Gas Sport Hydro with Stony Pond's Bob Steiner prevailing over Walt Waznicki (sp?) for a second place in one of the heats. These guys were swapping the position back and forth for several laps with Walt even bailing inside the buoys trying to make a move (illegal!!) I am sure the three boat length rule to make a pass was out the window. Very exciting and entertaining!!! Roger
Old 09-09-2012, 07:06 AM
parshallboatworks

Float fly cancelled due to storms on saturday and a " drift" of algae on beach anout a foot deep... At stoneu pond npw( sunday morning)going to test new turn fin angle( thanks roger) and see if it helps.. Also changed to two tanks(4oz.) with pickup on correct side of tank. Shouldake a difference.. Have sponsons on JAE sheeted and ski on, about ready to finish!!! Have it with me. Our son is home fr alfred college for weekend and sarah and kids are cing to see boats run...( future members!!!) hope to see someone at pond today!!'Rick
Old 09-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Blackout

Yah, the weather worked out o.k. Only one passing storm that delayed us for a little. It took down a tree too, luckily not in the pits, but over near the entrance. This was my last Elmira race for the year. I have to miss the last one for a big boy scout campout. As usual, Team Stony Pond brought home more trophies.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:58 PM
gassertom

Cograts go to Joe P for 3rd in Open Mono at Hobart and 4th in Thunderboat! 
Hope to get out to the pond to do some testing next weekend before we go to the Fall Nats the first week in October.
Don't forget the Hydro Bowl on Seneca Lake in Geneva is 9/21-9/23.  We went last year and if it's anything like last year, you don't want to miss it! 

T&C
Old 09-10-2012, 02:58 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: gassertom

Cograts go to Joe P for 3rd in Open Mono at Hobart and 4th in Thunderboat!
Hope to get out to the pond to do some testing next weekend before we go to the Fall Nats the first week in October.
Don't forget the Hydro Bowl on Seneca Lake in Geneva is 9/21-9/23. We went last year and if it's anything like last year, you don't want to miss it!

T&C
Congrats Joe! That's fantastic!
Old 09-10-2012, 05:07 AM
advanced builder

Good job Joe, I'll go race their next season. If I can get in.-on time.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:21 AM
Blackout

Sounds like Hobart had worse weather than we did! Only 3 rounds of racing and a lot of heats with very few finishing. That sucks for sure...

Neil, we all missed you!

There were some good racing in Elmira, even with the lower turnout. Thunder Boat had some good races with 4 boat heats. I had fun racing Scott and Walt in 20 hydro and lapping the 20 tunnels every other lap. But I did miss my nitro buddy Neil.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:51 AM
engineman351

Neil, you were missed in Elmira!! There weren't any spectacular driving incidents to 'amp' up the crowd like when you do some of your airborne 360 spins!! I did one with my Gas Sport Hydro in the final round while going down the back straight but no one even noticed because I wasn't able to get it high enough, like you do, to clear the spray. Hope to see you at Stony Pond!! Roger C.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:06 AM
engineman351

I have to say that I need to stop busting Craig's chops for using a belt starter on his Gas Mono!! My right arm is extremely sore from trying to start three gas boats all day!! I know it's not cool in the hot pits to to take the boat off the table, but my arm just isn't at a good angle to be pulling the rope when it is up that high. I also have to thank Chris Blaker for all his help over the weekend. He started, launched, and retrieved all my gassers and was great as a pit man. I heard 'Stop taking 4, 5, and 6 so wide' several times!! He got me great starts too (especially when I listened!!). Thanks Chris. Roger C
Old 09-10-2012, 07:22 AM
advanced builder

thanks guys ,I listened to the weather man ,bad ideal. I did get some work done,boat related. I've been rebuilding a few nitro engines. Bearings should be here today. I took in a .67 CMB black head CHEAP???? must be a aftermarket water jacket. I've modified the engine. [X(] I can't wait to test her.So look out. ,Going into the cat.
I took my real boat out of the water. My one fishing buddy came down with cancer,Not good at all. allin 2 months.
He looks real badalready. got a bad feeling about him. Mostly sad feeling
Old 09-10-2012, 07:43 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

thanks guys ,I listened to the weather man ,bad ideal. I did get some work done,boat related. I've been rebuilding a few nitro engines. Bearings should be here today. I took in a .67 CMB black head CHEAP???? must be a aftermarket water jacket. I've modified the engine. [X(] I can't wait to test her.So look out. ,Going into the cat.
I took my real boat out of the water. My one fishing buddy came down with cancer,Not good at all. allin 2 months.
He looks real badalready. got a bad feeling about him. Mostly sad feeling
Neil, sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer is a terrible thing, as we all know.

I was telling Bob, our winters are way too long to miss a boat race over bad weather. I learned this back when I was autocrossing...

You weren't the only one that thought it would be a wash out, many other regulars did not show.

Roger, I like my starter belt. It seems the stock engines need 5 pulls to start where mod engines are much easier to start. I needed 5 pulls to start Rick's Thunder Boat each race.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:40 AM
engineman351

Craig, Starting the gassers made me think of a safety tip we have a habit of ignoring. When the boat is not in the Hot Pits or simply on your work table...you should disconnect the plug wire. My Gas Sport Hydro literally started with just one pop of a compression cycle when I was getting some fuel to the carb. If I was removing/tightening the prop nut and the piston popped over tdc, it could have started the same way. Roger
Old 09-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Billk44

Good point Roger. My hydro and rigger are like that.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Craig, Starting the gassers made me think of a safety tip we have a habit of ignoring. When the boat is not in the Hot Pits or simply on your work table...you should disconnect the plug wire. My Gas Sport Hydro literally started with just one pop of a compression cycle when I was getting some fuel to the carb. If I was removing/tightening the prop nut and the piston popped over tdc, it could have started the same way. Roger
Yup, that's a good safety tip for sure. Normally I follow it, but not all the time....

The electric boats have a similar safety issue as they can have a mind of their own once pluged in....
Old 09-10-2012, 12:18 PM
advanced builder

Craig the more I pull on the cord ,the more I like your starter. My nitro pop-ed- over a few times just adding the glow driver, this summer. Never seen that one before. Gas is kinda over this season for me.
All my gas engines need rebuilding. I didn't want to break anything more this season.
Gas just chew up leaves. Walt's old insane sport hydro, may get some time in. Haven't wanted to drive her as she looks show room. I can be hard on a hull as everyone has seen. I better practice some first.
I'll be ready this week or weekend. I have 2 sets of pipe/header combo to test on my .21 rigger. I cut the carbon fiber pipe so that the header will slide inside the pipe 8 1/2-long. The AB is cut to 8 3/4 @ the wide spot
Old 09-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Craig the more I pull on the cord ,the more I like your starter. My nitro pop-ed- over a few times just adding the glow driver, this summer. Never seen that one before. Gas is kinda over this season for me.
All my gas engines need rebuilding. I didn't want to break anything more this season.
Gas just chew up leaves. Walt's old insane sport hydro, may get some time in. Haven't wanted to drive her as she looks show room. I can be hard on a hull as everyone has seen. I better practice some first.
I'll be ready this week or weekend. I have 2 sets of pipe/header combo to test on my .21 rigger. I cut the carbon fiber pipe so that the header will slide inside the pipe 8 1/2-long. The AB is cut to 8 3/4 @ the wide spot
If you're nervous about your new gas sport hydro, just wait till spring when Stony Pond will be larger. But, I'm pretty sure that will be easier to drive than your .45 rigger....

My .20 rigger was twitchy with the h-7 this past weekend. The boat turns a lot smoother with the Zippkit 1450 prop. I will need to test speeds between the two just to make sure and try other props for next year. I did not have enough speed to over take Walt or Scott, so unless I get the start and hold tight on the bouys, I'll be taking second.

Another note Neil. Some of us drove to the inside of bouy 4 because we were driving the Ottawa course that was off a little. It took a little getting used to Brick Pond again. Who would think...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.