Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 06:17 AM
advanced builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

I'm having a great weekend myself. We will be their 8/19-21 tell that in person. One little pole in a big ole pond,come-on Here you go tell the right club http://www.stnyrcmbc.com/
How do you like the new stand? or don't you like that either. We accept all NAMBA and IMPBA members to run. Tom came in from Boston last meet. We had guys from Ottawa come race.
COME ON DOWN TO STONY POND ,we have fun there and we have guys/girls with no cards run.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Canadian LoCo

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

I'm having a great weekend myself. We will be their 8/19-21 tell that in person. One little pole in a big ole pond,come-on Here you go tell the right club http://www.stnyrcmbc.com/
How do you like the new stand? or don't you like that either. We accept all NAMBA and IMPBA members to run. Tom came in from Boston last meet. We had guys from Ottawa come race.
COME ON DOWN TO STONY POND ,we have fun there and we have guys/girls with no cards run.
well said Neil since you guys here are not Elmira club
but the Stoney Pond Model Boat Club, Canandaigua, NY
Old 08-14-2011, 02:31 PM
advanced builder

Stony pond is semi private. Yes it's on a persons home property. Craig has been a very good host as well as friend. We leave our attitudes home. We help one another. I have run by myself for years, until one day I decided to see what my boats can do racing. I try to help setup the course as help to tear it down at the end of the weekend. Ive met some of the best guys as well as women that's dedicated to the hobby. That overwhelmed me. I've been in a argument before over boats, next meeting all forgotten. I forgot what I was pissed at. Now I love the hobby, best move I've made in years getting legal.
We can all get hot headed sometimes. forgive and forget. move on. If you want to learn come on down. Canadian LoCo you forgot OVR I feel at home running their. My friend.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:56 AM
Billk44

Hi Madmorgan,
Normally we leave nothing in the water at Elmira. This must have been an oversight when tearing down the site 5 weeks ago. Elmira states what we can and cannot do at the site. That is the reason you do not see testing there when there is no race. We need permits for every race event we hold and must provide proof of insurance to the city prior.

Any questions, please let me know.
Bill
Old 08-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Blackout

I'm signed up for .20 tunnel and .20 hydro for the Elmira race this weekend.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Billk44

Craig,
Terrific! Love seeing the resurgence of 20 Hydro, especially riggers. Have to test my gas rigger on Friday.
Bill
Old 08-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Guys, you really need to calm down. After all, a rigger is nothing more than three sticks, two twigs and an oversized powerplant. Lets get back to real hydroplane racing and run sport and scale hydros where the boats look like boats

BTW, can you all tell I'm in one of those moods today[X(]
Old 08-15-2011, 12:21 PM
advanced builder

We do have a large thundeboat class. I kinda like them. but riggers are fun. I did order a new gas rigger kit from Joe. Next year on that one. Bill glad to see you here. This is usually a big BS section. With RC boating as the main topic. look here's a good one http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=771048
Old 08-16-2011, 06:07 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

funny every time i goto that pond i see your turn sticks  sticking out of the water (this gets in my way ) seriously you need to respect our rights "pretty much my" as non impba members and clean up your mess. you guys  think your untouchable cuz you have a 60 dollar card and wont let any 1 else have fun while you "race" i will be back over there within a week and first thing i will do is contact epd if they dont do anything about it then i will PUNKS !!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:50 AM
mike walker

ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

Guys, you really need to calm down. After all, a rigger is nothing more than three sticks, two twigs and an oversized powerplant. Lets get back to real hydroplane racing and run sport and scale hydros where the boats look like boats

Gona have to agree with this, those three sticks with a oversized motor are to much fun. Grown men should not be able to act like that. I love every thing about a real hyrdo, lots of fun. I am trying to get help for my JAE rigger problem. I have them stached all over the shop and think there are some in the truck, Can any one please help me.

just havin some fun, don't get mad at this I am sick

Mike Walker

BTW, can you all tell I'm in one of those moods today[X(]
Old 08-17-2011, 04:57 AM
Blackout

I ordered a Novarossi .12 from Glenn for the JAE 12. It would be cool to have A-hydro at Elmira next year. We had four .12 riggers at Stony Pond last Thursday. Two were Roger's and then Neil and Bob. Neil's .12 is a little rocket. The JAE .12 has to be the most fun for your dollars when it comes to rc boat racing.

HJ, You are a builder so I understand your point. But, riggers are so much fun to drive and easy to fix when bouys are struck.

Bill, I hope my driving is better this time. I have been practicing since the last time I was down to Elmira....
Old 08-17-2011, 05:01 AM
advanced builder

mb1387 ,what kinda help you looking for? Put a pic so we can advise. Once set up, they run pretty straight and true. And what prop are you using? look back on my .21 rigger ready to go post.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:08 AM
mike walker

We need to get A hydro going at all the races. It's hard to knock some thing that you just put it in the water and if you do what your told it just runs great. and as you said the money. All that fun on 4oz of fuel
Old 08-17-2011, 05:13 AM
mike walker

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

mb1387 ,what kinda help you looking for? Put a pic so we can advise. Once set up, they run pretty straight and true. And what prop are you using? look back on my .21 rigger ready to go post.
Neil, I need help on my JAE addiction, I don't eat I don't sleep I just play with my boat
Old 08-17-2011, 05:14 AM
Billk44

Craig,
If we get enough boats consistently, we will get the A Hydro class set up. Driving comes with practice, especially around bouys. Best advice is, only have enough steering to cut the turn arc. Oversteer is the enemy and the faster they are, the worse it becomes.
Bill
Old 08-17-2011, 05:25 AM
advanced builder

ORIGINAL: Billk44

Craig,
If we get enough boats consistently, we will get the A Hydro class set up. Driving comes with practice, especially around bouys. Best advice is, only have enough steering to cut the turn arc. Oversteer is the enemy and the faster they are, the worse it becomes.
Bill
Yes your right, Bill very little steering trim. I had my NIB .12 trowing a curve. the thing would run in a curve. I loosen up my boom clamps and moved my rear boom a few 1/32 .problem solved.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:11 AM
Billk44

I usually toe in the right sponson at the front. I have toe in on all my riggers and track straight.

Looks like the gas classes will have a good turn out this weekend. I think we may have to split Sport Hydro due to the number of boats. See you tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:50 AM
engineman351

Billk44, Sorry I cannot make the show in Elmira this weekend. Too much stuff going on!! Craig, Bob, and Neil...My son and I are planning to be at Stony Pond tonight to run tummels again. Roger C.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:55 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Billk44, Sorry I cannot make the show in Elmira this weekend. Too much stuff going on!! Craig, Bob, and Neil...My son and I are planning to be at Stony Pond tonight to run tummels again. Roger C.
Sounds good Roger. I won't be running as I don't want to crash something and then have to fix it in one day to go to Elmira.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:24 AM
advanced builder

I wasn't coming tonight ,Roger I want to keep everything ready to race. See some of you this weekend. I'd like to test the new .12 rigger hull. next week .I have 4 hulls to run this weekend. It better cool down some. Gas E-V 2 .21 hulls cat and rigger and a .67 rigger.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Blackout

It was a great weekend of racing at Brick Pond in Elmira! There were roughly 90 boats entered! Allot of large classes made great competition.

My rigger and tunnel ran flawless. They both started every time and finished all the races except when I hit a bouy with the rigger in heat 1.

I want to thank everyone in the Elmira club that put on such a great event. It's allot of work and we are lucky to have a group that is willing to do all the hard work.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:15 PM
advanced builder

Yes Craig you had a good outing. 3 -2nds that I seen. or more !! I feel bad for Prop, as he was on the bad end of racing. His hull was very fast, until he got air and did a huge flip hitting the water very hard. His engine was never the same ,1/4 lap and stall. I had my share of 1/4 lap and stall on my.21 cat and my E -Vee. My .21 rigger was great until I got close to a buoy, like a magnet. 2 sets of boom tubes. the 3 rd hit was dead on the bow, no damage to the hull ,Styrofoam floating .We had members of the club donating there time building a huge play ground, 1/4 mile down the road. The local EPD was their for support of the club. One guy was very interested in the hobby. . And thanks to the local members for adding a new drivers stand. Still under construction. The pond was the lowest, Ive seen it. the marker pipes were exposed and reduced, until next spring when we try to find them again. We always have a good time. I wish some of the other locals would do there job and give back to the community. The pond need some major cattail trimming so spectators can watch. That will have to wait until I can drive 2 hrs to help-out.
PS We missed OUR rock ,Roger His wisdom was missed.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Canadian LoCo

ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

Thank you Neil for asking them about our IMPBA Sanctioned
race comming up on Sept 3rd and 4th long weekend for those
who plan on attending here's some info.
if you need more info please send me a PM and i will get back
to you ASAP.
we are running all IMPBA classses if we have 3 boat's Min per class.

Regards
Luc
OVR Admin

P.S you can take a look at our forums if you wish at this link.
http://s6.zetaboards.com/MODRCc/index/
wow 90 boats seem's like you guys had a great time NICE
hope to see some of you guys at our race in less then 2 weeks.
I did talk to Pete over the phone last week and did say that there was 3
of them coming up.
not to sure if any more are but will see, we would love to have you.

Reagrds
Luc
OVR Admin
Old 08-23-2011, 06:00 AM
advanced builder

I'd come if I could. I had a so-so weekend of racing. My E-Vee is giving me some problems. I get 1/4 lap and a stall. Same thing on my .21 cat. I think the hull is possessed. ever engine I put in she stall 1/2 lap I have redone the drive line 3 times. Ive seen her run good at times. I have other boats to mess with. she's going on the bench and sit.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:46 AM
engineman351

Neil, On the EZ Vee...some suggestions:
- If you haven't changed the carb metering diaphram in a while, that would be a good place to start.
- I have had a lot of issues with vibration on the gassers loosening the carb and/or isolator block so you lose pump vacuum. I'd try taking the block and carb off, check that the block is not cracked or warped, and reassemble everything with new gaskets and a drop or two of blue Loctite on all the screws (even if the block is Delrin). (FYI...To avoid vibration as the culprit... you can make sure you motor mount rubbers are good and the mount screws are tight)
- I assume you are using a WT257/488 or a WT644 carb...I'd set the 'High' needle to one turn and the 'Low needle to two turns. (I like to use a total of three turns between the high and low needles)

If that doesn't work...then swap out the red coil and then the gray coil.

If none of that works maybe Joe can figure it out!!

Roger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.