Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Blackout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

ORIGINAL: Billk44

Guys,
Sue Rodas just called me and she is at the pond. She had no problems getting there. The pond is now full. The race is on as it is just far enough west to avoid the flood areas. 25 minutes east of there is a totally different story. I think you guys are good to go albeit it might be tough to find the buoy poles but I am sure it will get done.

Good luck,
Bill
Glad to hear, thanks for the update!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:02 PM
advanced builder

HJ I been your way ,real nice & green. Next to you we get our share of gray days. Biggest slugs I've ever seen up your way.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

We have to have something to eat considering how often we get accused of having webbed feet like a duck[X(]
Old 09-08-2011, 06:32 PM
engineman351

Craig, It looks like the new piston 'n sleeve is working pretty well. Should be even better when it loosens up a bit. As usual, I had a good time tonight. I'll probably bring the .67 Mono back for some pipe tuning. It's off just a bit. The hull handles great. FYI...Pete responded to my request for fuel. He will have some there this weekend. He usually has plenty of 40 & 50% avail. See you Saturday. Roger
Old 09-09-2011, 03:53 AM
Billk44

Guys,
Make sure you check with Sue Rodas first. She is bringing fuel from Rob Kendall (Red Max) at a very good price.
Bill
Old 09-09-2011, 05:05 AM
advanced builder

won't be the same without you guys Bill & Walt. We got a layer of fog that need to burn off. I'll be loading up. Will do with Sue I did order some 65% Weather looks good for the weekend.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:24 PM
engineman351

All in all a pretty good weekend at Elmira. A lot of racing with running four boats again. There was a bit of carnage from the Gas Sport Hydro blow over, a lost cowl on the AM Tunnel, and a broken rod on the JAE.12. I was pretty excited about how the little .12 rigger was running until the rod broke. I didn't think it was revving too high with a Zipp Kit 438 on it...but it did let go. Frankie G gave me some tips on prepping a new rod that I will try. Parts are on the way. Craig's Mod Tunnel looked great. This Thursday I'll probably concentrate on that Sport 40 again to see if I can get it to turn. Neil made up a new bracket and modern turn fin for it. Roger C.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:12 PM
advanced builder

Roger, lets try the old fin first. I think just moving that back will work fine. But bring the new fin to test if you don't like. I was very impressed with your .12 rigger. We are going to have a great class next year. I plan on building a few .12 hulls. Joe will be staring up a new run soon. If i build a few and pass-em out were .12 rigger running. Tunnel Thursday will need to share the lanes. I ran my .12 rigger and blew away a .21 tunnel in Ottawa. Ill recall that race like a old bottle of wine is to taste. I do have a lot of good moments And a few dark moments. they will melt away this winter. I want to see that 20 year old hydro .21 RUN. I just seen the news the flooding is still going on. Next meet we need to add a tent over a table like Pete does. I can make up a basic tent with a tarp. one main 2x2 beam with legs. just a ideal I have a few tarps My cat may of started in the rain. Also add in a few garbage bags for the transmitters.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Blackout

From what Pete said, when handing out the awards, it sounds like he would be open to a .12 hydro class next year. It really would make good racing since the hull, hardware, and engines are relatively cheap. Less hard feelings if one gets destroyed in a crash.

It sounds like these JAE 12's need more than 4oz. fuel tanks if you go in right away, which I like to do. It gives me time to relax and get into a groove.

I still feel bad about hitting Tom A.'s tunnel with my 20 rigger, but atleast I didn't hit Roger's tunnel. My rudder wasn't adjusted correctly on the rigger. The boat would track inward if I let off the wheel. Once fixed, I drove a little better....
Old 09-12-2011, 04:21 PM
advanced builder

OK my .67 home built rigger is done. I got to see it run in a race. it's time to retire her. My .21 AC cat is back with a .21 Nova Rossi. the JB weld one. I removed the drive line and copied the .67 drive line. My EV is getting a GZ-2 KIT. The last one lasted less than a tank. I did send out a note in my order no response. That will be my last order. I also ordered a new coil re-locator. My .12 will be refitted more holes in the transom.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:15 AM
TCHedOff

ORIGINAL: Blackout

It sounds like these JAE 12's need more than 4oz. fuel tanks if you go in right away, which I like to do. It gives me time to relax and get into a groove.
I'm like you, I like the time, and am usually 1st in, and have never had problems running a full race plus extra lap; my tank is a 4.5 oz tank from Walt Barney, with a NR .12 and a carb of .283. Just an FYI.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:31 AM
engineman351

PropCircles...I just got off the phone with Remy at AM and learned that the original Preditor Tunnel molds were lost in a fire. The hull and cowl molds they have now were widened at the rear to accomodate the the later K&B engines that use the external mufflers, so he thinks the later cowl will not fit my '80's hull. Can you bring your tunnel (or at least the cowl) to Craigs Thursday to see how far it is off?? He may be able to ship me a 'blem' if I want to cut it up and re-glass to fit my hull. Thanks, Roger.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:36 AM
engineman351

Neil, Would you mind checking that prop you let me use on the JAE.12 rigger for exactly what number is on it? (I think you put it on your JAE for the last heat on Sunday) I would have needed a magnifying glass to actually read it!!! I really need to know if it was a 438 or 437. Thanks, Roger C.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:43 AM
advanced builder

That was Zippkit 438 prop Hes' got 5 in stock. We will all like them .12 riggers. I did notice Joe is out of kits. 1 last race of the season, then he'll get some ready.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: TCHedOff

ORIGINAL: Blackout

I'm like you, I like the time, and am usually 1st in, and have never had problems running a full race plus extra lap; my tank is a 4.5 oz tank from Walt Barney, with a NR .12 and a carb of .283. Just an FYI.
That would be my engine setup. I have not built the boat yet. Maybe 4oz. will be enough if I make sure my pickup and vent are positioned properly. Otherwise, I'll step up to a Walt Barney tank. Are his stainless steel? Will stainless steel not react with the fuel the same as plastic? The reason why I ask is I never empty my fuel tanks. I just plug the lines so no air gets in. Been doing this for three years with no problems.

Thanks.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:13 PM
engineman351

Neil, Thanks. I do have one of Zipp's 438 props on the .18 rigger. It should be ok on the .12. Yours didn't cavitate at all on my JAE so I don't think the rod broke from over revving. The rod just done broke!!! Roger C.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:56 PM
advanced builder

My NIB GZ2 kit lasted less than 1 tank of fuel. A piece of the bottom skirt broke loose. I sent out a complaint, no response. His did take my $ Joe warned me.
Roger, You been running a .18 in that rigger. No wonder she looked so fast. I have 2 .18 Go NIB one has mods one is stock. Ready. I been thinking a .18 for a while.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

My NIB GZ2 kit lasted less than 1 tank of fuel. A piece of the bottom skirt broke loose. I sent out a complaint, no response. His did take my $ Joe warned me.
Roger, You been running a .18 in that rigger. No wonder she looked so fast. I have 2 .18 Go NIB one has mods one is stock. Ready. I been thinking a .18 for a while.
Neil, Your old .12 Novarossi JAE was fast. Roger's ran great at Elmira, but I think your old hull was still faster. We will know for sure next year with the timing system. I think Team Stony Pond will benefit allot with a timing system as a tuning aid.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:11 PM
PropCircles

Hi guys, I'll bring the tunnel on Thurs and my JAE 12. Might bring the gas rigger too - would like to get a few laps in. Cut down the header on the JAE 12 so hopefully we'll pick up some RPMs. C ya Thursday.

Bob
Old 09-13-2011, 06:04 PM
advanced builder

We'll find out WHO is fastest one day I'm sure. That will be cool seeing a .12 rigger class. I also decided to make my Miss Express into a lipo hydro. I got all the parts needed. Just cutup a good hull for lipos. Later on that project. My .21 cat is back All summer messing with that hull. She will fly.NOW I have a spare set of trim tabs to add. If needed. my radio box is removable for access.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91702.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	1662002  
Old 09-13-2011, 08:40 PM
engineman351

Neil, The JAE12 I had at Elmira was OS .12 powered. I also have another .12 size small rigger (white) that has an OS .18 in it. Both ran like junk at Stony Pond. At Elmira I re-set the pipe and needle on the JAE12 and it looked like it was running great using your 438 prop. See you all Thursday. Roger
Old 09-14-2011, 12:11 PM
TCHedOff

Blackout,

Walt makes tanks from (tin?? dont remember anymore) and stainless. Mine is stainless; it is non reactive with nitro. We should be posting this is the .12 rigger thread!

By the way there ARE a couple props you guys might want to seriously consider trying, but I wont post that in this tunnel thread. Have to ask me in the .12 rigge thread!
Old 09-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: TCHedOff

Blackout,

Walt makes tanks from (tin?? dont remember anymore) and stainless. Mine is stainless; it is non reactive with nitro. We should be posting this is the .12 rigger thread!

By the way there ARE a couple props you guys might want to seriously consider trying, but I wont post that in this tunnel thread. Have to ask me in the .12 rigge thread!
Good to know stainless is non-reactive with fuel.

This is not a tunnel thread, it is a generic thread. We are just talking .12 riggers now, so please advise on .12 props.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:15 PM
advanced builder

When you see another .12 running they all look fast. Weather looks iffy ,clearing later in the afternoon. We hope. I have a wheel bearing going in my Santa Fe. I hear a squeak. I went fishing on the big lake ,kinda Fair Haven bay , no perch yet.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:57 AM
Blackout

Neil, It's raining still. If you don't want to chance driving 1hr 15min to test in the rain, we can set somethnig for Saturday or Sunday also. Let me know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.