RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   Central NEW YORK boaters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/9801940-central-new-york-boaters.html)

Blackout 10-24-2012 09:01 AM

RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Luc what about adding Stony Pond to the draw for the D1 Championship series next season ?
Probably best to wait till 2014. I would hate to mess up the D1 Championship Race. With that being said, I'd have no problem taking it on. I have dropped all my other hobbies to concentrate on RC boat racing and the Stony Pond club. Of all the hobbies, rc boat racing has been the most fun. Autocrossing, not even close. I can't really explain it.

The weather looks good for painting tomorrow and Friday. I will be painting the drivers stand Friday morning from 9:00 to noon. If anyone wants to join me, let me know. I can also leave supplies out at the pond tomorrow, if anyone has time tomorrow to stain. Let me know. Thanks.

Canadian LoCo 10-24-2012 12:10 PM

hey guys I was going to put in the club name for the D1 Championship draw, if you guys
want to do it if you win the draw let me know.
or you would rather wait one season and get in your first Sanctioned race in then go from there.
it's your choice guys.

Regards
Luc w.

Canadian LoCo 10-24-2012 12:36 PM

Also got some bad news The Northern Lights club out of Toronto seems like they may not have a race this year @ the London Ont site in D2.
since the club that run on that pond dont have it any more after many years so that meens the Northern Nat's are gone at this point and the Northern Lights open gone also
and the grand rivier Fast electric race gone also.

the reason for all of this is that the land owner will be building shopping malls on the land starting next spring, what was
said that they will be filling up 3/4 of the pond up, now they wait an d what they will do.

anyways this is what i got from Terry K in an e-mail

Terry,
Bad News!!!! Just got a call from the owner and development is starting in the Spring next year. He said they will start excavation behind Costco and work their way along the 401. That means that the whole area where we hold our race, including the driver's stand will be graded. They will also be starting on water mains and sewers and the pond will be "minimized". This is the first stage of a major South London project where the plan is to have numerous shopping plazas and malls. We might be able to do some testing in the Spring but the owner can't commit to us having a race.
I'm going to be looking for a new pond but as you are well aware, good ponds are hard to find and it may take some time.
This is very sad and unfortunately all good things must come to an end.
Mike

Joe Petro 10-24-2012 01:48 PM

That sucks about the pond! That was an excellent site...

I will be at the thing in Phelps this Saturday.
Please email me and let me know what you want, and I will bring it.

Joe

crombyzombie 10-24-2012 02:11 PM

Craig, I can come out tomorrow or friday morning to do some staining. Might even drag my better half along. What day is better for you?

gassertom 10-24-2012 02:28 PM

Wow - that really is bad news about the London site.  Great pond and both the London club and the Northern Lights guys put on one fantastic race.  Will be greatly missed in both District 1 and 2.  We raced there in our previous race-life back in the 80's.  Hope they can find another pond to use in 2013, will definitely support them where-ever they go.<div>
</div><div>Craig - sorry we cannot make it out to finish staining tomorrow or Friday, work (unfortunately) gets in the way.</div><div>
</div><div>T&amp;C</div>

Blackout 10-24-2012 02:57 PM

ORIGINAL: crombyzombie

Craig, I can come out tomorrow or friday morning to do some staining. Might even drag my better half along. What day is better for you?

Hi Mark,

Friday morning I will be there, so that's best. I will be out there from 9:00 to noon. The weather should be good for staining. Thanks.

My cell is 585-350-9853 in case you don't already have it.

Blackout 10-24-2012 03:15 PM

Hi Luc,

The news about the London pond SUCKS! I never made it up there, but that looked like an excellent pond. Can they host the Northen Lights Open at one of their other ponds?

When are you picking who runs the 2013 D1 Championship race? If the dig goes well and Stony Pond is large enough, we could decide whether to put our name in the drawing. What clubs are in the drawing now? We should know how big Stony Pond will be by the end of November.

Canadian LoCo 10-24-2012 03:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Blackout

Hi Luc,

The news about the London pond SUCKS! I never made it up there, but that looked like an excellent pond. Can they host the Northen Lights Open at one of their other ponds?

When are you picking who runs the 2013 D1 Championship race? If the dig goes well and Stony Pond is large enough, we could decide whether to put our name in the drawing. What clubs are in the drawing now? We should know how big Stony Pond will be by the end of November.

I will Only do the Draw after all the clubs have registerd and send in the sanction race registration in.
then I go from there.

as of now the Northern Lights club dont have a real pond that they can have a sanctioned event at this point
I know they have 3 ponds that they go have fun runs but not setup for a big race.

crombyzombie 10-24-2012 03:52 PM

I have a sprayer too. Just need power if you think that will help

Blackout 10-24-2012 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: crombyzombie

I have a sprayer too. Just need power if you think that will help
No, brushing is probably best. Thanks.

advanced builder 10-24-2012 04:04 PM

What a shame, lost another pond. We are grateful for the ones left. A sad day for D1 & D2. I'm sure Terry and the crew will find another pond. Didn't they have several ponds ? We do have the Montreal crew coming along. Has anyone been to Lake X in Western Pennsylvania. I see a NAMBA site in Southern Pennsylvania. Sad day

advanced builder 10-25-2012 05:40 AM

What day for the last of the island dig?

Blackout 10-25-2012 06:10 AM

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

What day for the last of the island dig?
This weekend looks too rainy. [:o] Would not be fun at all.

I may go on the island tomorrow morning to dig if it looks like Mark can get the staining done. Maybe I'll do a little of both....

Blackout 10-25-2012 09:50 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3m33ssz4Z1U

engineman351 10-25-2012 10:27 AM

Craig...stop showing me video's like that!! It makes me want to spend more stupid money on model boats!! Twin Gasser!!! Really...twin anything is cool!! Although whaterver the other boat was looked pretty racy too until it flipped

Billk44 10-25-2012 10:29 AM

Roger, go for it and build one. I have a new winter project scheduled to arrive in a few weeks. Have to make this one purdy.................

Blackout 10-25-2012 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Craig...stop showing me video's like that!! It makes me want to spend more stupid money on model boats!! Twin Gasser!!! Really...twin anything is cool!! Although whaterver the other boat was looked pretty racy too until it flipped
Roger, we know you have two gas engines sitting around. Or pull them from boat #30 and #31. :D

Bill, post pictures when the new hull comes in! :)

klinker19 10-25-2012 02:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Blackout

Or pull them from boat #30 and #31. :D

BWAHHAAHAHA!!! True!

Problem is that no two are alike..there's even an inline twin in that basement that Ithought was 2 engines sitting in a box together for the past year because the cyls have different shape and color cooling jackets...in fact it probably WAS two engines in a box at some point!

I dunno, that twin sure sounds cool...but it ain't twice as fast as a single...

and he missed the start.

TC

Blackout 10-25-2012 02:46 PM

Yes, twins are not usually faster per cubic inch.

A twin .45 will probably be slower than a single .91. That's my dilema with a twin.

Canadian LoCo 10-25-2012 03:54 PM

Wow I found these pic's of a ZippKits bullitt man that thing looks good.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/loco3939/016.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/loco3939/012.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/loco3939/011.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/loco3939/009.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/loco3939/017.jpg

parshallboatworks 10-25-2012 04:18 PM

WOW!!!! Sweet hydro..... guess i better get busy on these 2 zippkit BULLITTS.... just sayin... that just pumped me up!!! getting a gasser from joe this weekend, wont be able to race it but it is going to be my fun boat,i willl race the JAEs... wanna go fast with the big hydro!!! thanks for sharing the pics...
Rick P.
<br type="_moz" />

advanced builder 10-25-2012 05:08 PM

Looks like open rigger is going to be fun next season. TWINS twins that's all I hear. You gotta feed them twins.
Luc nice looking hull. Notice how skinny the ride pad is. I've seen this before.
rigger fever over this side of town [>:] And twin thunderboats
NO sweat ****s -no response back to me. :eek: so we freeze

Canadian LoCo 10-25-2012 08:58 PM

if your starting to get the winter blues here's something to watch during
our cold crapy months ahead some great racing.

here's something to watch if you got the blues.
come on 2013 season LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFxZk...endscreen&NR=1

Joe Petro 10-26-2012 05:42 AM

Sweat shirts are on order Neil...

Joe