Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Programming flaperons for a Pulse XT40

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Programming flaperons for a Pulse XT40

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 04:28 PM
rivas8409
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming flaperons for a Pulse XT40

I hope I'm posting this in the right section-

I've got a Pulse XT40 that I flywith an AR7000 reciever and DX7 radio. I'm trying to get a little more lift so I can slow my landings down a bit to avoid the hops that the Pulse is prone to takingwhen landing on pavement and I figure that FLAPERONS would be the way to go. Question: How in the world do I program them? I can't figure it out. Whenever I think I've got it and activate the switch one aileron goes up and one goes down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sure I may not need flaperons all the time, but some times I dont have the luxury of a long final approach and have to make a steep approach to avoid trees. THAT shortens the runway and results in landing faster than I'd like to and causes the plane tohop around a bit on the ground.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:05 PM
v8mini

Default RE: Programming flaperons for a Pulse XT40

are you using a "Y" lead for the wing servos? if so it wont work.

you will need to set the wing type as flapperons and use two channels for the ailerons. i cant recall if the flaps switch need activating or is active when selecting flapperons
Old 10-17-2010, 02:59 PM
rivas8409

I knew it would be an easy answer! I can't believe I didn't even think of that. I bought the plane on consignment from my local hobby shop so I'm not 100% familiar with how it was built- I bought as basically a PNP. I took my wing off and looked at the conenctiona nd sure enough, the ailerons are connected througha Y-harness. As soon as I saw that I was like, "Duuuhhhh!"

I couldn't figure out how I got my Parkzone Typhoon2 3D programed with flaperons but after i open her up I remembered I put a AR6100E reciever and removed the Y-harness that came stock.

I totally brainfarted this thing. Thanks for your input!
Old 10-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Redback

On the DX7 you activate flaperons from the first menu you get when you switch on with the two buttons pressed. Use Aileron and Aux 1, Depending on your set up you may still need to reverse the flap direction.

Also, there is an option on the second menu level (press both buttons with Tx turned on) to set up the flap switch. Play around with the +/- percentages to see what this does

Terry
Old 10-19-2010, 06:49 PM
rivas8409

Thanks for the input Redback, but I've still got the ailerons connected into the aileron port through a Y-Harness. I guess I could disconnect the y-harness and use the individual aileron servo leads connected directly to the reciever but with the Pulse's design (access hatch is underneath the fuselage and can only get to by taking off the wing) it wold make it a little difficult to connect the ailerons every every time I transported the model to the field. I'd also rather repeatedly connect and disconnect the ailerons at the Y-harness since the Y is cheaper to replace than the reciever.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:56 PM
landeck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use short 3 inch or 6 inch extensions at the receiver for separate ailerons and then plug the ailerons into and out of the extensions. This makes it easy to do and you are not wearing down the pins on the receiver.

Bruce