Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Finally got one back in the air

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Finally got one back in the air

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 04:31 PM
cubfloater
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got one back in the air

Got my Polaris up flew couple of circuits and greased the landing. Didn't fly much as I wasn't sure how much battery was left after all the binding and range checking I did. Then I got my 1/4 Cub bound, running and ready to put in the air as well. I'm not sure if it's been 2 or 3 years since I've flown one. Now to get in some flying and a couple more ready to go!

Jim
Old 01-27-2018, 05:29 PM
ziggy138

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default flying again.

Good for you. Great to learn someone back in air again. Flying is one thing that keeps my spirits up and relaxes me, helps me face the day.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:38 AM
thailazer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome back! I took a decade off and it was quite a thrill to get a plane back in the air, so I know how you are feeling.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:54 PM
cubfloater
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks, I've gotten several more ready to fly: Astro Hog, Falcon 56, GP Cherokee, Wild Thing 40, 1/4 scale clipped wing cub, Aeromaster, and 4-60 bipe. I certainly am experienced in getting engines unstuck now! Soak in fuel, heat and patience.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 02-19-2018, 07:15 PM
thailazer

It is amazing how long these engines last as long as they're taken care of and not put away in a wet environment. I'm getting ready to maiden a plane with a 50 year old Como engine. Ran it a few weeks ago and it is a strong runner.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:06 AM
ziggy138

Default starting up again.

Enjoy yourself, life is too short, spend it doing something that gives you joy and makes you happy. FLY ON. Remember that when your plane is up there, your heart and sole are up there also. Just GO FOR IT.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:38 AM
thailazer

I've had a lot of hobbies and interests over the years, including owning full scale, but building and flying RC and hanging out with the guys at the field tops them all.
Old 08-29-2018, 05:23 AM
Lee Taylor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I took 3 decades off... holy moly. Coming back for more.

Old 08-31-2018, 09:51 AM
Adui

Just out of curiosity how hard was it to come back? I haven't flown in over 8 years. I've got the bug again and am shopping / saving for new gear. I expect I wont be in the air for another year, but when I do I'd like to know how hard it was for others to return to the hobby.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:12 AM
Lee Taylor

Easy as pie for me. The hardest thing is for me is the adjustment to how significantly things have changed. For instance... everyone is waiting for Monokote which is on backorder??? What is up with that??? Are they still alive or gone under?? I suppose it depends on the individual. I got the sim and put in about 20 flights and I am ready for the field. Bought some props, this and that. Repairing a Sportster that has serious hanger rash. Want a 4-stroke. I am back in with both feet
Old 09-01-2018, 05:41 AM
ziggy138

Enjoy, enjoy yourself. There are OTHER coverings out there. I like Ultra Cote better, always get a better job, but not as many colors to pick from. Go ahead and put a smile on your face, burn holes in the sky, not your covering. Ken C.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:17 AM
Lee Taylor

Just layed down my sim. This morning I put in about 10 landings on my Yak .... 1 crash. I am smiling. No problems with Ultra Cote. Wanted Mono because I have a Mono covered plane that need some repair
Old 07-17-2021, 08:15 PM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

Default Another return

Glad to hear others are getting back up. I finally got back in the air myself after over a year absence. Dusted off the old Avistar and ran a couple tanks thru to get my fingers back. Then I buddy boxed my SIL and grandson. Felt good to get up again and it only took a couple circuits in each direction to get comfortable and grease a half dozen landings.
Gotta buy a new flight pack and then dust off the 1/4 scale Cub .Then I plan to work up thru my T-34 and P-51 before trying the Venus.