Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Chinese TREX500E Clones Safe or not? In flight Explosion

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Chinese TREX500E Clones Safe or not? In flight Explosion

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 08:19 PM
alishanmao

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese TREX500E Clones Safe or not? In flight Explosion

Good question.

I never tried them before, but this time i met this company in shenzhen fair and loved their new 500 FBL heli TREX500 Clone, that comes RTF and just dirt cheap. comes in a big Aluminum box and everything electronics installed, even a 22.2v 2600mAh 30C battery. Just use your own tx rx and you are ready

I flew it with walkera 2801 Pro Radio and RX2702V Stabilization system that I use on Walkera V500 Heli. It an awesome FBL System.

Heli flew great for first two flights. I found that some of the screws were bad quality. they were breaking just way too easy. Motor was too damn powerful. I set up 65% throttle curve on normal mode and 85% on Idle up 1. as soon as i shift to idle up, few teeth were ripped away by motor.

Replaced the gear, double check all screws, and had this wonderful 3D flight

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1mC9jYgGG-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I got confident and went for another flight and thats where it happened

Heli Just exploded in the air due to canopy hitting the main blades at negative pitch stunt. Video here

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/df4eavvpQBo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

well thats it, Am I done with the clones or Shall i keep trying?

I am 100% sure that I double checked the canopy really well.

regardless of this it was really awesome heli.

let me know what you guys think of Chinese TREX clones. Safe or not?

AliShanMao
Old 07-11-2011, 02:41 AM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

Default RE: Chinese TREX500E Clones Safe or not? In flight Explosion

Ali, 
The only 'Brand name' that I have flown is the Esky Honey Bee series.  I have 7 of these birds, and I think the design and quality of them leads to the purchase of more parts.
I have been flying the HK series 450s and now a 500, and I have one KDS 500.
I did find a Hone 450-005 that I really like, but all in all, the quality of the HK helicopters is almost as good as the KDS and the Hone.
I find that the screw heads are inconsistent, but I don't necessarily replace them, I just cut slots into the head to facilitate using a flat head screwdriver.
I am sure the manufacturer is using the cheapest parts available, and that they do not manufacture all the parts in house.  Maybe poor metal quality has sunken back into the Chinese manufacturers.
Bryan
Old 07-11-2011, 04:12 AM
gi1mo2

Default RE: Chinese TREX500E Clones Safe or not? In flight Explosion

I have goth an HK500GT and a Trex 500 ESP, and after replacing the tail blade holders twice, the motor to a Scorpion 1600Kv and a few other parts, the HK 500 flies well, but still not as stiff as the Trex 500 with CF frame etc. I wouldn't do Tic Tocs with the HK. I don't think it would stand it. On the other hand, I have a tail hold problem with the Trex500, and have been flying the HK more lately. The Trex tail on idle up 2 doesn't hold. It kicks to the right 90 or even 180 degrees any stick input. It's shaft drive, so it's not blade slipping. Both helis use the same gyro, Align GP780.