Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 03:44 AM
ingleburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

ORIGINAL: ahamay

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Im starting to understand why FBL is so good. Weekend didnt go quite as planned but good enough to say that Im loving the Tarot zyx.
Installed the new Align tail servo and checked all the loctite had held this time.
Saturday went to my field and first battery spent getting the tail gain right. Adjusted the pitch and roll gains down to 35 and got rid of most of the wobble.
Also reduced the RC dead bands for both tail and cyclic to 20.
Second battery I was thinking that I dont like the Tarot as it was to twitchy and hard to control.
Then something just clicked and I was doing things with the GT that I couldnt Believe.
4 batteries later and I must say it was the best I had ever flown.
Unluckily for me the wind picked up and got worse on Sunday so no flying for the rest of the weekend.
I did get to fly again this afternoon after work for 2 batteries and had a ball. It just goes where you point it and holds well.
Had 1 small problem in that when I started going quicker the tail got stuck when turning right. Seemed to go half way round and then get stuck. Then all of a sudden it would kick around.
Maybe someone could suggest a setting I could change to cure thatbecause apart from that Im happy.
For all you guys thinking about going FBL, do it. Ill be flying it like a big MCPX in no time.
Good to see your getting on top of the fbl and getting some stick time. They just don't compare to flybared helis once you get a few flights under your belt.

Interesting the problem you have with the tail response. I had a ds420 on the tail of my gt and Ialso had one on the 450 pro. The GT did not do this but the pro did. I upgraded the pro tail servo to a ds520 and the problem went away. The ds420 on my gt has been great and never showed this problem. In saying that I initially thought that the ds420 on the pro might not of had enough torque when turning to counter the tail but Ihave a sneaky suspicion that it might have been too much expo on the tail.

It's possible that the expo is tapering off right when your at about 11 oclock when your turning right and when the tail whips around you've basically got too much rudder input as a result. Hope that makes sense. If your comfortable try reducing the tail expo to test.

Another setting in the zyx setup is the "Tail compensate collective to tail" which basically a mix of right rudder when you pitch up. Try setting this to 10. Bench test it first to make sure the slider is going the right way, it should move towards the boom (right rudder) when you go up on the collective/pitch. Use -10 if your slider is going the wrong way.

This setting has made a big difference to how the tail holds on my pro and the gt, especially when your doing full positive collective.

Jonesy

Thanks for the input Jonesy. It does make sense as I have 30% expo on the tail. Will reduce to 15% and see how it goes. Tail seemed slow anyway so maybe I dont need any expo. Have 80% D/R as well so can adjust that also.
Hopefully I can get a few flights in tomorrow as I go away again on Friday.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:45 AM
rikybob

Got to take the MQX for a spin between chores today............

Enjoy the piffle, poppycock and blather!!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoZcNvf7rpE[/youtube]
Old 07-17-2012, 07:54 AM
rikybob

This made me laugh!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P1vf_7DoLA[/youtube]
Old 07-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Kozzy_98

Just a quick mention RE expo, I fly with 30% on AIleron and Elevator, but with 0% on the rudder. For me, I am good at making the small corrections and for rudder I really like a linear curve for it, but thats only for the MCPX...

Came home from school today and found a card at my door saying that my parcel is ready to be collected, so will pick that up today and hopefully get both helicopters in the air.

All the best.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:01 PM
rikybob

Apparently the [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1631872]Blade 130x[/link] has been released state side and getting a lot of grumbling about the 1st release (what's new H/H?) but overall the ones that run, run well!

A review [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1689164]HERE![/link]

EDIT: [link=http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=434588]Makin' me nervous[/link]..........gonna need to see what's doin' in the coming months!

It suits folks like me that are "Back yard fliers"!

Hmmmm do I see an Xmas treat for the Big Guy??

b
Old 07-17-2012, 03:34 PM
oldfrog
My Feedback: (1)

Grandpa And The Grandson,

Well folks, my new Spartan Quark seem's to hold really well...while
hoovering in my garage. BUT, my grandson was standing behind me
out of harms way and just happened to bump my left elbow...it sure
didn't take long for the helicopter to hit the ceiling...SMASH! That was
the most fantastic crash thus far. All servos and Quark survived, but
it's time to build a new 450. He looked at me and I looked at him and
we both broke out laughing, it was cool.

Hey rikybob,

I suggest the WHITE backlight for your DX7. I will be changing
mine to WHITE soon. The blue is OK, but I'm quite sure the
WHITE will be better. Be sure and watch a YOUTUBE video
to avoid cutting the wrong wires...EXSPERIANCE talking here.

Roger
Old 07-17-2012, 03:45 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

HOW TO CATCH A KANGAROOO?????? Brian have they invaded FL.  ???????
  Ok now the budget build of the gaui 425 nis done. The results are around 300 to complete.
I'm happy with the results. The exi servos seem to work great so far only time will tell.
I think the wifie is getting a little mad because the floor space is going away for heli storage.
  Went flying with Bryan on sunday morning had a great time i fly the spacewalker and so did Bryan.
Had a landing gear pop on landing a little hard. It does weigh 19# so it will hit hard if you do what i did.
A little wire and soder and she'll be right.
  Bryans gaui had a batt. come loose in flight! graviety took over now repairs!!!!!
Oh well heres a quick video of the budget build.. Take care everyone.
  Hugh
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcO_D-eVsgU[/youtube]
Old 07-17-2012, 04:09 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: hugj

HOW TO CATCH A KANGAROOO?????? Brian have they invaded FL. ???????
Ok now the budget build of the gaui 425 nis done. The results are around 300 to complete.
I'm happy with the results. The exi servos seem to work great so far only time will tell.
I think the wifie is getting a little mad because the floor space is going away for heli storage.
Went flying with Bryan on sunday morning had a great time i fly the spacewalker and so did Bryan.
Had a landing gear pop on landing a little hard. It does weigh 19# so it will hit hard if you do what i did.
A little wire and soder and she'll be right.
Bryans gaui had a batt. come loose in flight! graviety took over now repairs!!!!!
Oh well heres a quick video of the budget build.. Take care everyone.
Hugh
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcO_D-eVsgU[/youtube]

Hiya Hugh!

No 'Roos in Florida yet as I just saw it on the Today's Show and got a kick out of it!

Yah, went over budget last month and caught a little consternation from the wifey. Layin' low for now!

Glad to hear you had a nice time with Bryan and flyin' Sunday.......would like to see what a 19# plane looks like!

Ouch re: Bryans battery coming loose! DOH!!!

Great viddy of the budget Gaui! I was actually trying to click the non-existant Tx to trim your tail for you!

All the best!

b
Old 07-17-2012, 04:11 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: oldfrog

Grandpa And The Grandson,

Well folks, my new Spartan Quark seem's to hold really well...while
hoovering in my garage. BUT, my grandson was standing behind me
out of harms way and just happened to bump my left elbow...it sure
didn't take long for the helicopter to hit the ceiling...SMASH ! That was
the most fantastic crash thus far. All servos and Quark survived, but
it's time to build a new 450. He looked at me and I looked at him and
we both broke out laughing, it was cool.

Hey rikybob,

I suggest the WHITE backlight for your DX7. I will be changing
mine to WHITE soon. The blue is OK, but I'm quite sure the
WHITE will be better. Be sure and watch a YOUTUBE video
to avoid cutting the wrong wires...EXSPERIANCE talking here.

Roger

Hiya OldFrog!

Glad you didn't have a tragedy but now you have a project ahead of ya!

Going to look into the install on the DX7. I would hate to smoke a Li-Po battery in my Tx by leaving it on!

b
Old 07-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Ddaddy

My first maiden attempt lasted about 3 seconds Sunday. looked good on the ground and jumped it up...to about 20ft! wobbled like crazy, couldn't control pitch, TH'ed and was lucky I missed the fence and concrete. Only damage, stripped eli servo. Watched vid in slow mo, you can see at about 1 foot off the ground it pitches forward....when servo stripped/ went bad. Expalins the lack of control I had too when it started coming my way!

In hindsight the tail was bent slightly when I got it (replaced before flight) and 1 servo was crunchy, the others felt good (but didn't load them). The ail crunchy servo was because previous owner didn't clean out bits of old striped gears, that likely happend during the boom bending episode. Got gears in and tested all servos under a load, all good. Oh, besides the striped gears, one gear was spit from center to radius and probably worked ok unloaded. Likely the cause plus stessed nylon teeth.

Anyway, she fly just great today

Cheers,
Ken
Old 07-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Kozzy_98

Well, a nice afternoon of building for me!

Got the parcel with the flybars. I ordered a V2-109 as well as a GT450pro-109, 8 each as I did not know what type would be compatible. Turns out that both work, which is a plus for me!

Replaced the motor of the G/MT from a 2218 to 2215 and kept the pinion by using a pinion gear remover that Pete gave me!

Pulled out the Labelle 107 that Pete gave me, and applied it to the swash plate ball and the thrust bearings, is there anywhere else that needs it?

Also ordered a HEAP of connectors in 3.5, 4, 5.5 and 6mm sizes, 2 meters of velcro tape and some canpoy grommets which I need.

All the best,

Pav
Old 07-18-2012, 02:05 PM
jnail

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Apparently the [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1631872]Blade 130x[/link] has been released state side and getting a lot of grumbling about the 1st release (what's new H/H?) but overall the ones that run, run well!

A review [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1689164]HERE![/link]

EDIT: [link=http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=434588]Makin' me nervous[/link]..........gonna need to see what's doin' in the coming months!

It suits folks like me that are ''Back yard fliers''!

b
Well, 2 of the boys at the field here jumped on the 130x already. I was watching them fly last night, and those little buggers are tough! I dare say tougher than the mcpx. Flies better too... no tail blowouts. One guy finally broke a blade grip after a crash from high altitude that was preceded by about 20 other crashes. $100 more than the mcpx? I don't know if it is worth that though, but maybe i'm just cheap! Not sure about any issues... they just got the helis last week..

jeff
Old 07-18-2012, 03:27 PM
ahamay

Im starting to understand why FBL is so good. Weekend didnt go quite as planned but good enough to say that Im loving the Tarot zyx.
Installed the new Align tail servo and checked all the loctite had held this time.
Saturday went to my field and first battery spent getting the tail gain right. Adjusted the pitch and roll gains down to 35 and got rid of most of the wobble.
Also reduced the RC dead bands for both tail and cyclic to 20.
Second battery I was thinking that I dont like the Tarot as it was to twitchy and hard to control.
Then something just clicked and I was doing things with the GT that I couldnt Believe.
4 batteries later and I must say it was the best I had ever flown.
Unluckily for me the wind picked up and got worse on Sunday so no flying for the rest of the weekend.
I did get to fly again this afternoon after work for 2 batteries and had a ball. It just goes where you point it and holds well.
Had 1 small problem in that when I started going quicker the tail got stuck when turning right. Seemed to go half way round and then get stuck. Then all of a sudden it would kick around.
Maybe someone could suggest a setting I could change to cure thatbecause apart from that Im happy.
For all you guys thinking about going FBL, do it. Ill be flying it like a big MCPX in no time.
Good to see your getting on top of the fbl and getting some stick time. They just don't compare to flybared helis once you get a few flights under your belt.
Interesting the problem you have with the tail response. I had a ds420 on the tail of my gt and Ialso had one on the 450 pro. The GT did not do this but the pro did. I upgraded the pro tail servo to a ds520 and the problem went away. The ds420 on my gt has been great and never showed this problem. In saying that I initially thought that the ds420 on the pro might not of had enough torque when turning to counter the tail but Ihave a sneaky suspicion that it might have been too much expo on the tail.
It's possible that the expo is tapering off right when your at about 11 oclock when your turning right and when the tail whips around you've basically got too much rudder input as a result. Hope that makes sense. If your comfortable try reducing the tail expo to test.

Another setting in the zyx setup is the "Tail compensate collective to tail" which basically a mix of right rudder when you pitch up. Try setting this to 10. Bench test it first to make sure the slider is going the right way, it should move towards the boom (right rudder) when you go up on the collective/pitch. Use -10 if your slider is going the wrong way.

This setting has made a big difference to how the tail holds on my pro and the gt, especially when your doing full positive collective.
Jonesy
Thanks for the input Jonesy. It does make sense as I have 30% expo on the tail. Will reduce to 15% and see how it goes. Tail seemed slow anyway so maybe I dont need any expo. Have 80% D/R as well so can adjust that also.
opefully I can get a few flights in tomorrow as I go away again on Friday.
Ok, well ignore what I said about the expo, it's not that....Ihave the turning right curse back on my tarot PRO. Ihave not been able to fly for a couple of weeks. Last time I flew I crashed my GT with the hold switch. I've had a couple of nano-tech's here that arrived that I have been wanting to test. Weather was great this morning so I had to go fly the PRO.

I have not flown the PRO since Ireplaced a bent tail shaft after a rock flicked up and bent it on a landing. The leading edge of one tail blade has a small nic out of it but the problem Ioriginally had with th ds420 and the same problem Ingleburn has is back..... It won't turn right...it's mad. If your stationary it will piro both ways no problems but if your in any forward flight and goto turn right the nose gets to about 2oclock and the stops with full right rudder.

It's got to be a mechanical setup thing. I'm going to pull the tail down and reset up all the machanical and gyro settings and start from scratch. It was flying perfect before I replaced the tail shaft so that is a bit of a mystery.

Jonesy.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:05 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: jnail

It suits folks like me that are ''Back yard fliers''!

b
Well, 2 of the boys at the field here jumped on the 130x already. I was watching them fly last night, and those little buggers are tough! I dare say tougher than the mcpx. Flies better too... no tail blowouts. One guy finally broke a blade grip after a crash from high altitude that was preceded by about 20 other crashes. $100 more than the mcpx? I don't know if it is worth that though, but maybe i'm just cheap! Not sure about any issues... they just got the helis last week..

jeff

Hiya Jeff!

I am glad to hear real anecdotal evidence of the 130x rather than the pissers and moaners on the web!

It will be some months before I consider it. I want to wait til #2 batches hit the shelves!

Right now I can lay hands on it for [link=http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/store/BLH3780!1002/BLADE+BLH3780+130+X+BNF]THIS[/link] but I'ma gonna wait!

For my personal condition I like the ole front yard flyin' (DUH??) and this brushless beast suits the bill for my style! For me to upgrade the smaller MCP X it would cost me as much and I'd still have a smaller bird!

All the best in to you in the formerly frozen north!

b

Old 07-18-2012, 04:17 PM
rikybob

Ok, well ignore what I said about the expo, it's not that....I have the turning right curse back on my tarot PRO. I have not been able to fly for a couple of weeks. Last time I flew I crashed my GT with the hold switch. I've had a couple of nano-tech's here that arrived that I have been wanting to test. Weather was great this morning so I had to go fly the PRO.

I have not flown the PRO since I replaced a bent tail shaft after a rock flicked up and bent it on a landing. The leading edge of one tail blade has a small nic out of it but the problem I originally had with th ds420 and the same problem Ingleburn has is back..... It won't turn right...it's mad. If your stationary it will piro both ways no problems but if your in any forward flight and goto turn right the nose gets to about 2oclock and the stops with full right rudder.

It's got to be a mechanical setup thing. I'm going to pull the tail down and reset up all the machanical and gyro settings and start from scratch. It was flying perfect before I replaced the tail shaft so that is a bit of a mystery.

Jonesy.

I don't recall if I offered my input on this (as I have been known to blather) but look VERY closely at the tail on the bench and make certain that you are getting FULL EQUAL DEFLECTION.

I used a "his, theirs and ours" tail setup on my Tarot Torque Tube and a different tail shaft and found that if I didn't bring the blade grip assembly all the way out to the end, plus just over the end, I didn't get full deflection.

I hope this makes sense??

All the best!

b
Old 07-18-2012, 04:52 PM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

Got out of my slump today and installed, tested the retracts on the Agusta 109e [link=http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=68218]build[/link]!

It took forever to get the servos synchronized but I got 'em done.

Now I have to pull the crap servo's from the "Terror Pigeon" and replace all with the requisite Align cyclics and tail!

This will take the better part of the morning next week and then I will disassemble the heli and mount it in the fuse! Hooo T Hoooo!

Regards!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENVknBTOEp0[/youtube]

b
Old 07-19-2012, 04:22 AM
ahamay

Ok, well ignore what I said about the expo, it's not that....Ihave the turning right curse back on my tarot PRO. Ihave not been able to fly for a couple of weeks. Last time I flew I crashed my GT with the hold switch. I've had a couple of nano-tech's here that arrived that I have been wanting to test. Weather was great this morning so I had to go fly the PRO.

I have not flown the PRO since Ireplaced a bent tail shaft after a rock flicked up and bent it on a landing. The leading edge of one tail blade has a small nic out of it but the problem Ioriginally had with th ds420 and the same problem Ingleburn has is back..... It won't turn right...it's mad. If your stationary it will piro both ways no problems but if your in any forward flight and goto turn right the nose gets to about 2oclock and the stops with full right rudder.
Jonesy.
don't recall if I offered my input on this (as I have been known to blather) but look VERY closely at the tail on the bench and make certain that you are getting FULL EQUAL DEFLECTION.
I used a "his, theirs and ours" tail setup on my Tarot Torque Tube and a different tail shaft and found that if I didn't bring the blade grip assembly all the way out to the end, plus just over the end, I didn't get full deflection.
I hope this makes sense??
All the best!
b
I'm sure I've found the problem, but won't know 100% untill Ican test fly which is going to be at least a week judging by the weather that's arriving tomorrow. Notchy tail grip bearing. I'm guessing it's been damaged when Ibent the tail shaft as the problem has only surfaced since I replaced that shaft. One side was notchy and not smooth. Stole a set of bearing out of a spare new 450gt tail grip set (bearings are the same size, one inner and one outer) and oiled them up and it looks good now. Next flight will be the test.

Ingleburn, I know you were having this same problem, so check your tail grip bearings are silky smooth through the whole slider travel. Maby it's the cuase of your trouble as well.

Jonesy.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:30 AM
rikybob

Hiya Jonesy!

Yah, been a victim of bad tail grip bearings as well! You actually DON'T know they are bad til you fly them, typically! Hope ya get it sorted!

Hi all!

Got my MOJO back and flew the 450 for an hour this AM! What a blast! Got better and better with each flight. Hmmmmmm do I REALLY need to rebuild the "Terror Pigeon" to do the Agusta install?? A LOT of surgery on a freshly rebuild bird even though it has 922's for cyclics and a clone Futaba on the tail. Mebbe I save the good parts for a Tarot Pro bare bones kit?? Hmmmmmmm???

I flew all nine of my batteries today and was moving over to my Trex 500 where I found that the Rx was, in essence DEAD! No lights or anything. Hmmmmm?

Going to attempt to re-bind with my DX7 and see what's doing? If not I actually have a spare.

I hope all is well in your collective (get it?) worlds???

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHvlIYTnYME[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytPtZnyrtN8[/youtube]

PS I"m sooooo [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120948440923]weak[/link]!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:22 PM
ahamay

Hiya Jonesy!

Yah, been a victim of bad tail grip bearings as well! You actually DON'T know they are bad til you fly them, typically! Hope ya get it sorted!

Hi all!

Got my MOJO back and flew the 450 for an hour this AM! What a blast! Got better and better with each flight. Hmmmmmm do I REALLY need to rebuild the "Terror Pigeon" to do the Agusta install?? A LOT of surgery on a freshly rebuild bird even though it has 922's for cyclics and a clone Futaba on the tail. Mebbe I save the good parts for a Tarot Pro bare bones kit?? Hmmmmmmm???
I flew all nine of my batteries today and was moving over to my Trex 500 where I found that the Rx was, in essence DEAD! No lights or anything. Hmmmmm?
Going to attempt to re-bind with my DX7 and see what's doing? If not I actually have a spare.
b
Nice to see a vid of that scale bird once you get it sorted. How do you sync two servos on a y adapter ? That sounds like a challenge?

Well the weather forecast this morning was perfect so Icharged a pack after thinking Inailed the turning right problem with new grip bearings, except the bearings did not fix my problem...damn. Time to pull down the tail linkage/servo and resetup the gyro for the tail etc from scratch. That will give me something to do at least. My GT is still in bits and all my mcpx batteries all died. You would think having three helis to fly one of them would be working.

Jonesy

Old 07-19-2012, 04:21 PM
rikybob

Hiya Jonesy!

Hi all!

Got my MOJO back and flew the 450 for an hour this AM! What a blast! Got better and better with each flight. Hmmmmmm do I REALLY need to rebuild the ''Terror Pigeon'' to do the Agusta install?? A LOT of surgery on a freshly rebuild bird even though it has 922's for cyclics and a clone Futaba on the tail. Mebbe I save the good parts for a Tarot Pro bare bones kit?? Hmmmmmmm???
b
Nice to see a vid of that scale bird once you get it sorted. How do you sync two servos on a y adapter ? That sounds like a challenge?

One word "Mechanical". I was able to do it mechanically! It took me a while!

Well the weather forecast this morning was perfect so I charged a pack after thinking I nailed the turning right problem with new grip bearings, except the bearings did not fix my problem...damn. Time to pull down the tail linkage/servo and resetup the gyro for the tail etc from scratch. That will give me something to do at least. My GT is still in bits and all my mcpx batteries all died. You would think having three helis to fly one of them would be working. [img][/img]

Jonesy

Sorry to hear about yer Wx and was hoping the bearings were your fix. I know this is redundant, but never afraid of being redundant......did you look to make certain you had even deflection of your slider???

Yah, phreakin' helis anyway! If they ain't broke.................they're gonna be!

Regards!

b
Old 07-19-2012, 04:29 PM
ahamay

Hiya Jonesy!

Hi all!

Got my MOJO back and flew the 450 for an hour this AM! What a blast! Got better and better with each flight. Hmmmmmm do I REALLY need to rebuild the ''Terror Pigeon'' to do the Agusta install?? A LOT of surgery on a freshly rebuild bird even though it has 922's for cyclics and a clone Futaba on the tail. Mebbe I save the good parts for a Tarot Pro bare bones kit?? Hmmmmmmm???
b

One word "Mechanical". I was able to do it mechanically! It took me a while!

Well the weather forecast this morning was perfect so Icharged a pack after thinking Inailed the turning right problem with new grip bearings, except the bearings did not fix my problem...damn. Time to pull down the tail linkage/servo and resetup the gyro for the tail etc from scratch. That will give me something to do at least. My GT is still in bits and all my mcpx batteries all died. You would think having three helis to fly one of them would be working. [img][/img]

Jonesy

Sorry to hear about yer Wx and was hoping the bearings were your fix. I know this is redundant, but never afraid of being redundant......did you look to make certain you had even deflection of your slider???

Yah, phreakin' helis anyway! If they ain't broke.................they're gonna be!

Regards!

b
Yeah the deflection seems good, it goes all the way to both sides of the slider. I'll check the servo under load on the bench tonight. It seems like the servo cannot push the slider when it's under load, or the gyro is doing something wierd with the tail. Don't you love stabbing in the dark.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:31 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: Jonesy

Yeah the deflection seems good, it goes all the way to both sides of the slider. I'll check the servo under load on the bench tonight. It seems like the servo cannot push the slider when it's under load, or the gyro is doing something wierd with the tail. Don't you love stabbing in the dark.

Wow, I though I had ALL the tail issues conceivable??

Hmmmm I had bad tail grip bearings, bad deflection and a bad servo. I never had a nearly bad servo??? Hmmmmmm??

Yah, stabbin' in the dark!

b
Old 07-19-2012, 07:20 PM
ingleburn

Hiya Jonesy!

Hi all!

b

Well the weather forecast this morning was perfect so Icharged a pack after thinking Inailed the turning right problem with new grip bearings, except the bearings did not fix my problem...damn. Time to pull down the tail linkage/servo and resetup the gyro for the tail etc from scratch. That will give me something to do at least. My GT is still in bits and all my mcpx batteries all died. You would think having three helis to fly one of them would be working.

Jonesy

I'm glad its not only me having this problem.
Im sure I read about other people having this problem on another forum.
I'll have a search and see what I can find out.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Ddaddy

I'd be very appreciative of any recommendations on improving my key cam #3 vid from a key can expert (hint ; )

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIBU...w?feature=mhee

Cheers,
Ken
Old 07-21-2012, 09:10 AM
jnail

Hiya Jonesy!

Hi all!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHvlIYTnYME[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytPtZnyrtN8[/youtube]

PS I''m sooooo [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120948440923]weak[/link]!

Hey Brian, on yer dead RX issue, try plugging the esc (or bec if you are using one) into a different plug. If things light up, you have a bad track on the circuit board connecting either the + or - pins on the RX.

Happened to me once. somehow one of the tracks got broken and or burned up. But a little solder to jump the gap fixed it right up. The RX in question has been flying in a plank since late last summer, with (knock on wood) no issues.

Or just re-bind. but it seems like if it got un-bound, the light should be flashing quickly, or you should have SOME sort of grumbling from the servos when you power it up.

jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.