Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 03:11 AM
ahamay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

ORIGINAL: sgbfly
ORIGINAL: ahamay
Simon, what video editing software are you using to do the PIP with the two cams ?
It's Adobe Premiere. Work bought me the full suit years ago so it's a pretty old version now (CS3).
The latest Adobe Premiere Elements does exactly the same. I had it on trail for a while.
Simon
Roger...thanks for that.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:36 PM
rikybob

Blabity blah!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOsQ8SKdU-s[/youtube]
Old 06-28-2012, 03:27 PM
rikybob

Wha, Wha, WHAT???

Hmmmmmmm for some of you hackers out there!

b

[link=http://www.hacksmods.com/er9x-dsm2-mod/]Here[/link] and [link=http://www.hacksmods.com/2011/12/spektrum-dsm2-module-from-hp6dsm/]HERE![/link]
Old 06-28-2012, 03:27 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: rikybob
Blabity blah!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOsQ8SKdU-s[/youtube]
b, thanks for the shout out and the kind words. Yes you are right it's mid november (16th), and yes it's definately a girl. These fancy 4D ultrasound machines they use are quite incredible...most of it just looks like bad tv reception untill they change it from 3d to 4d. Thanks for the willy warning as well, I'l be sure to remember that one...have not heard that one before.

I hate going over budget as well onheli repairs but don't feel too bad, it's a new month in a few days and you can open the wallet again

Cheers
Jonesy

Old 06-28-2012, 03:34 PM
ingleburn

Blabity blah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOsQ8SKdU-s
Im not used to a quiet Brian. Think the battery in your glasses must have been getting low as it was hard to hear you in the end.
I forgot that you cant get parts for the inolab servos. Might have to store them till crashing is not going to happen so often.

Just about to take the GT FBL out for its second attempt at a maiden. Hopefully the vibes are sorted and it lasts for than a few seconds this time.
If all goes well then I might maiden the Pro later today. Ill have the cam running so good or bad you all can take a look.

Taking the new MCPX out as well as yesterday the old one started playing up again. Decided to try a loop for the first time and couldnt get full throttle out of it without it going crazy.
Its like the swash was binding and it locked up and fell out of the sky. Anything over 3/4 throttle seems to slow the motor down and send the gyro into fits.
Tried hanging onto it and spinning it up and full negative is perfect but full positive the elevator servo goes to full throw and the other 2 stay at centre.
Time to retire it and strip it for parts.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:45 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Ok Guy's i got my jr back and works great, If any one needs a dx7 mode 2 in great shape send me a pm and may be we can work some thing out.
Hugh
Old 06-28-2012, 03:45 PM
rikybob

Blabity blah!
[img][/img] b, thanks for the shout out and the kind words. Yes you are right it's mid november (16th), and yes it's definately a girl. These fancy 4D ultrasound machines they use are quite incredible...most of it just looks like bad tv reception untill they change it from 3d to 4d. Thanks for the willy warning as well, I'l be sure to remember that one...have not heard that one before.

I hate going over budget as well onheli repairs but don't feel too bad, it's a new month in a few days and you can open the wallet again [img][/img]

Cheers
Jonesy

Yah,

Wifey and I BOTH wanted a boy.

The idea it would be BOTH of ours. If it were a gal, I would have her along with her mother until she reached puberty (I recall this was mentioned before) at which time she would say to me "Dad, you just don't undersand" at which time I would concede "You're right, I don't understand your mother and I sure as hell DON'T understand YOU"!

If we had a boy it would be BOTH of ours was the plan. WRONG! He still comes to his mother 23 years later! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Seriously, if I had a girl, I would have SPOILED HER TO DEATH! So it's just as well!

All the best as your life is going to change PROFOUNDLY.

Here's how it will go. Somewhere around mid November (prolly earlier if it's your 1st) we will all do like I did Spiros some years ago and congratulate you on your bundle of joy.

Then a few days later someone will post, "Anyone hear from Jonesy"?? You will be MIA for about a year or so and we will miss you/mock you/belittle you and secretly admire the process of which you will forever be changed, for the better!

(Warning, waxing philosophical) You see, you can build a giant skyscraper or pyramid or any other monument to yourself but eventually it will crumble to the ground. But when you put a progeny on this earth and imbue them with all the great elements of your being. You achieve immortality!

(shouldn't drink white wine and post eh, Phizzy??)

Re: Budget, I am going to LHS next week and pick up the essentials. I have to imagine the arms that I smoked on the FBL head are going to have to be mail ordered (16 bux for the pair highway robbery). In the mean time, I will pull down the Terror Pigeon and install the 415ms and test fly same. Then start the fitting into the Agusta 109 fuse. I hear the b1tch of it all is getting the two landing gear servos to behave! We will see!

I am going to spend the morning on one of my dayz off and visit a sick friend from Torchs.org, my flying field that I never go to. He is a diabetic who has lost a few toes to the disease process and is home bound ATM.

I going to give him my Posh Git eye candy fuse/landing gear set that I bought for my MCP X before I actually took delivery of it. Makes the airframe look nice but not crashworthy. I recall him admiring it at the field though! Recall, I can't have stuff sitting around!

All the best!!!

b
Old 06-28-2012, 03:47 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: hugj

Ok Guy's i got my jr back and works great, If any one needs a dx7 mode 2 in great shape send me a pm and may be we can work some thing out.
Hugh
That's GREAT news!

It's a shame Spiros is actually on the other side of the universe....that would cure his model memory issue!

Get any of Debby up there??

b
Old 06-28-2012, 04:03 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: ingleburn
Blabity blah!

I forgot that you cant get parts for the inolab servos. Might have to store them till crashing is not going to happen so often.
You can get gears and horns and Ihave seen cases other places as well. Ithink hobbyking were doing the gears as well.

http://revolutionrc.com.au/index.php...and&brandId=21

Old 06-28-2012, 04:04 PM
rikybob

Blabity blah!

Im not used to a quiet Brian. Think the battery in your glasses must have been getting low as it was hard to hear you in the end.

Just about to take the GT FBL out for its second attempt at a maiden. Hopefully the vibes are sorted and it lasts for than a few seconds this time.
If all goes well then I might maiden the Pro later today. Ill have the cam running so good or bad you all can take a look.

Taking the new MCPX out as well as yesterday the old one started playing up again. Decided to try a loop for the first time and couldnt get full throttle out of it without it going crazy.
Its like the swash was binding and it locked up and fell out of the sky. Anything over 3/4 throttle seems to slow the motor down and send the gyro into fits.
Tried hanging onto it and spinning it up and full negative is perfect but full positive the elevator servo goes to full throw and the other 2 stay at centre.

Yah, didn't listen to the viddy ( as you can imagine, it would be traumatic) but the battery may be leaving me! Hmmmmm GoPro in my future?? Yah, I really like some of the clone servo's out there but if you are like me and still wipe out on the ever so odd occasion [:@] I need a servo I can rebuild (yesterday being case-in-point)!

Good luck on the GT FBL and I look forward to the viddy!

Sorry to hear about the MCPX taking an eventual dirt nap! That board is worth 70bux on the open market!

Best!

b
Old 06-28-2012, 04:07 PM
rikybob

Blabity blah!

Yah, didn't listen to the viddy ( as you can imagine, it would be traumatic) but the battery may be leaving me! Hmmmmm GoPro in my future?? Yah, I really like some of the clone servo's out there but if you are like me and still wipe out on the ever so odd occasion [:@] I need a servo I can rebuild (yesterday being case-in-point)!

Good luck on the GT FBL and I look forward to the viddy!

Sorry to hear about the MCPX taking an eventual dirt nap! That board is worth 70bux on the open market!

Best!

b

YAY! The glorious thing about getting older..........I LOVE it when I'm wrong!

Yah, the 922's were pretty good servos but you had to buy xtras in case of the eventuality!!

Parts for cheap/good servo's is a GREAT thang!

b
Old 06-28-2012, 04:12 PM
rikybob

For those of you who are looking for an [link=http://www.amazon.com/Corel-VSPRX4ENMB-VideoStudio-Pro-X4/dp/B004PIPG2A]alternative Video Editor[/link].

b
Old 06-28-2012, 04:16 PM
hugj

No debbie just loved fl. all were getting is a lot of heat!!!!!! expecting 106 through the weekend no flying the helis would overheat!!! Not to metion the piolts
hugh
Old 06-28-2012, 04:18 PM
ingleburn

Blabity blah!

You can get gears and horns and Ihave seen cases other places as well. Ithink hobbyking were doing the gears as well.

Thanks Jonesy that makes me feel easier.

As for my take on the upcoming birth I have a different view.

In the not to distant future the wife is going to get moody as s h i t and take out everything thats happening to her on you. DONT ARGUE with her if you treasure your life. Run like hell. I used to take the dog for a walk but if I had helis then I would be in heaven.

After the baby is born and you get used to no sleep and feeding and changing nappies you will begin to think, is that all it does. Still time for helis as they sleep, eat, poop and not much else.

Then one day something changes and they demand all your attention. Pack up the helis mate, your life is over. Then just when you think you have it all worked out the little buggers learn to crawl then the fun really begins.

Honestly its the greatest feeling in the world. The first time my wife saw me cry was when our first son was born. Enjoy it all mate.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:20 PM
ahamay

For those that have nano-tech 2200 Lipo's, what are you charging them at ? The website states they are ok for 8C which is like 17amps.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:31 PM
rikybob

Blabity blah!

You can get gears and horns and I have seen cases other places as well. I think hobbyking were doing the gears as well.

In the not to distant future the wife is going to get moody as s h i t and take out everything thats happening to her on you. DONT ARGUE with her if you treasure your life. Run like hell. I used to take the dog for a walk but if I had helis then I would be in heaven.

After the baby is born and you get used to no sleep and feeding and changing nappies you will begin to think, is that all it does. Still time for helis as they sleep, eat, poop and not much else.

Then one day something changes and they demand all your attention. Pack up the helis mate, your life is over.[img][/img] Then just when you think you have it all worked out the little buggers learn to crawl then the fun really begins.[img][/img]

Honestly its the greatest feeling in the world. The first time my wife saw me cry was when our first son was born. Enjoy it all mate.

+1!!
Old 06-28-2012, 04:33 PM
rikybob

For those that have nano-tech 2200 Lipo's, what are you charging them at ? The website states they are ok for 8C which is like 17amps.

I charged at 3C and still had a significantly shortened battery life compared to my Zippy's. The batteries seem to be more "fragile".

"The candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long" (Movie trivial and DON'T cheat)!

b
Old 06-28-2012, 04:35 PM
hugj

My own choice is 1c my charger will only put in the amps the batt will take, by charging at a lower rate i have not had a batt. fail
The biggest thing i have experenced is not to over discharge. my nanotecs are going strong after about 40 cycles
Old 06-28-2012, 04:36 PM
ahamay

Blabity blah!

Then one day something changes and they demand all your attention. Pack up the helis mate, your life is over. Then just when you think you have it all worked out the little buggers learn to crawl then the fun really begins.

Thanks mate, yes it will be a big change for us but I'll still find time to fly and play on forums, well maby

Old 06-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Flying Fiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I charge all my 2200mAh's including the Nano'sat 2.5c. Takes roughly 30 to 40 mins at gets them to 4.18 - 4.19 per cell.
I dont think I've ever got one of these cheap batts to the full 4.20 per cell
Old 06-28-2012, 04:41 PM
ahamay

My own choice is 1c my charger will only put in the amps the batt will take, by charging at a lower rate i have not had a batt. fail
The biggest thing i have experenced is not to over discharge. my nanotecs are going strong after about 40 cycles
The 5 turnigy and zippy lipos Ihave been using so far are still as good as the day Igot them. I'm parallel charging 5 of them at 7amps which is a little under 1C and the max my charger will put out. If i'm just doing a single i'll do it at 4.4amps (2C). I am really carefull on not over discharging however Imust admit that Ihave put back in over 2000mah on a couple of them due to battery mix up errors..my fault.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:45 PM
ahamay

The 5 turnigy and zippy lipos Ihave been using so far are still as good as the day Igot them. I'm parallel charging 5 of them at 7amps which is a little under 1C and the max my charger will put out. If i'm just doing a single i'll do it at 4.4amps (2C). I am really carefull on not over discharging however Imust admit that Ihave put back in over 2000mah on a couple of them due to battery mix up errors..my fault.
The other thing Iforgot to mention that I've been doing as well is not balance charging every charge. I've never had a really unbalanced pack after a discharge. I'm only balance charging about 1 out of 5 charges, as it cuts at least 10 minutes per pack of the total charge time and is not required Idon't think.

Jonesy

Old 06-28-2012, 05:05 PM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

I charged at 3C and still had a significantly shortened battery life compared to my Zippy's. The batteries seem to be more "fragile".

"The candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long" (Movie trivial and DON'T cheat)!

b
Ihad to cheat, but Ishould have known. I always thought is was just a chinese proverb that maybe you picked up from HobbyKing off a buddy code!

p.s. I like Harrison Ford too.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:07 PM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

My wife's most favoritiest movie quote is "Aww F*ck..... It's not there...Its in the kitchen...Where you left it"
What movie, what actor? (either one)

Bryan
Old 06-28-2012, 05:09 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: pushinoldrc

I charged at 3C and still had a significantly shortened battery life compared to my Zippy's. The batteries seem to be more ''fragile''.

''The candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long'' (Movie trivial and DON'T cheat)!

b
I had to cheat, but I should have known. I always thought is was just a chinese proverb that maybe you picked up from HobbyKing off a buddy code!

p.s. I like Harrison Ford too.

Eggselent movie that [link=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083658/]Bladerunner![/link] One of my Top Ten!

Another great line [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzA_xesrL8]here[/link]. "....all those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain..."

All the best!

b

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.