Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 01:30 PM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

ORIGINAL: rikybob

ORIGINAL: hugj

Brian HOW COULD YOU !!!!!!! Send all this rain north????? I thaught you were a friend!!! Just kidding the deluge has begun I need floats for the cub!Hope that on sat the weather will let up going to ck. out a club about 18mi from here.I talked to the prez. sounds very layed back and I think the triplets will fit in! Yes triplets I had to incudeJimmy Bryans advanced student! I did get a quick flight with the trex 500 last night in the yard Batt test I've got 3 2200 mh 6s batt. that were going unusedAt about 5 min sounded like she was slowing down a little so I stoped will charge this evening and see the results. Oh then as I was opening the front door Down went my radio !!!@@@####$$$#@!@!@@#@##@#@#2Broke the antenna did not get the lead or anything else, so a little duck tape and I need to do a range test.New antenna 10.00 Hugh

I have to admit that THIS is how it reained every day in the summer when I was a kid!

My yard has never looked so nice!

Good luck on the club as it's been a relative benefit for me if not to get out and enjoy fellowship!

Good luck with the batts for the 500!

Soooooo sorry about your radio!

I've gotten into the habit of using the neck strap NO MATTER WHAT!

I dropped mine once and had a devil of a time finding the switches locally! That was the ole DX6i!

Happy flyin' and happy 4th as I will be working a loooooooooong day tomorrow!!

Cheers!

b

Had to pry my wallet open and get the attached!

I guess now more than ever balanced blades are a must!

b

"Peace and onion grease"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N02NHYrpA0g[/youtube]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24771.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1897337  
Old 07-03-2013, 02:47 PM
ingleburn

Hi all, well after more than a few hours of repairing the 450 is nearly ready to go again.
The spare frame had servos on it (HK933) but apart from that nothing. Found enough spares in my box to replace the broken stuff so just have to programm the gyro and do a bit of tidying up.
Hopefully the weather stays fine and will test it tomorrow. Another great day today so will take one of the pros out.

@ Bryan. Yeah I hate that my minor crashes cause so much damage. I remember seeing Jonesy go inverted into the ground at mach 3 and suffer only shafts and blades.

@mnem. Yeah I know what teeth getting pulled is like. Once had 6 out in one day. No Brian genetics here Im afraid.
Great info on motors and I was waiting for Brian to pipe up that he wanted to do a build and not buy RTF. I guess you like those ESC's.

@ Edmond. I wonder why that guy got into trouble.

@ hugj Glad the rain has left here and now bothering you. Dont know what radio you have but once broke my DX6i aerial when trying to catch my MQX.
It broke where the bend is and I fixed it by puting a servo link through the hole. Still like that today even though I have a new one sitting there.

@ Brian. Holidays again. Guess I might have to take some holiday time to get through the videos you just posted.Glad you left the 500 batteries at home or else there might be another 5 to watch.
For reasons unknown I bought this blade balancer from HK.http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
I know your one will work just as well Havent seen a flip yet so no 500.

@ Ddaddy. My parts are pretty much gone now so the next crash will see the GT dissapear for good. Maybe I will be gentler with it this time.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:02 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Hi all, well after more than a few hours of repairing the 450 is nearly ready to go again.
The spare frame had servos on it (HK933) but apart from that nothing. Found enough spares in my box to replace the broken stuff so just have to programm the gyro and do a bit of tidying up.
Hopefully the weather stays fine and will test it tomorrow. Another great day today so will take one of the pros out.

@ Bryan. Yeah I hate that my minor crashes cause so much damage. I remember seeing Jonesy go inverted into the ground at mach 3 and suffer only shafts and blades.[img][/img]

@ mnem. Yeah I know what teeth getting pulled is like. Once had 6 out in one day. No Brian genetics here Im afraid.
Great info on motors and I was waiting for Brian to pipe up that he wanted to do a build and not buy RTF. I guess you like those ESC's. [img][/img]

@ Edmond. I wonder why that guy got into trouble.[img][/img]

@ hugj Glad the rain has left here and now bothering you.[img][/img] Dont know what radio you have but once broke my DX6i aerial when trying to catch my MQX.[img][/img]
It broke where the bend is and I fixed it by puting a servo link through the hole. Still like that today even though I have a new one sitting there.

@ Brian. Holidays again.[img][/img] Guess I might have to take some holiday time to get through the videos you just posted.[img][/img] Glad you left the 500 batteries at home or else there might be another 5 to watch.
For reasons unknown I bought this blade balancer from HK. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
I know your one will work just as well [img][/img] Havent seen a flip yet so no 500.[img][/img]

@ Ddaddy. My parts are pretty much gone now so the next crash will see the GT dissapear for good. Maybe I will be gentler with it this time.[img][/img]

Ingleburn- Glad you 'bout got it sorted! Yeppers, you are LUCKY I left me batts I'm thinkin' a MARATHON! Flip huh?? Hmmmm? I DO have a sim! Cool POSH GIT balancer BTW!

Edmund- Wow! I see a horse whipping on that cinematographer for the lack of permit!

b
Old 07-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Ddaddy

Sorry you can't eat a cheesburger! I can only imagine the misery of having teeth pulled as I have never experienced it since I'm genetically exempt from wisdom!
No jokes, just corrected your grammer...you had one too many words

Old 07-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Ddaddy

ORIGINAL: hugj

Brian HOW COULD YOU !!!!!!! Send all this rain north????? I thaught you were a friend!!! Just kidding the deluge has begun I need floats for the cub!Hope that on sat the weather will let up going to ck. out a club about 18mi from here.I talked to the prez. sounds very layed back and I think the triplets will fit in! Yes triplets I had to incudeJimmy Bryans advanced student! I did get a quick flight with the trex 500 last night in the yard Batt test I've got 3 2200 mh 6s batt. that were going unusedAt about 5 min sounded like she was slowing down a little so I stoped will charge this evening and see the results. Oh then as I was opening the front door Down went my radio !!!@@@####$$$#@!@!@@#@##@#@#2Broke the antenna did not get the lead or anything else, so a little duck tape and I need to do a range test.New antenna 10.00 Hugh

I have to admit that THIS is how it reained every day in the summer when I was a kid!

My yard has never looked so nice!

Good luck on the club as it's been a relative benefit for me if not to get out and enjoy fellowship!

Good luck with the batts for the 500!

Soooooo sorry about your radio!

I've gotten into the habit of using the neck strap NO MATTER WHAT!

I dropped mine once and had a devil of a time finding the switches locally! That was the ole DX6i!

Happy flyin' and happy 4th as I will be working a loooooooooong day tomorrow!!

Cheers!

b

Had to pry my wallet open and get the attached!

I guess now more than ever balanced blades are a must!

b

"Peace and onion grease"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N02NHYrpA0g[/youtube]
You got the model rev after the recall, right?

Old 07-03-2013, 04:44 PM
rikybob

[/quote]

You got the model rev after the recall, right?

[/quote]

H e l l if I know?

What recall?

Bought it off Amazon.....if I hates it.......it goes back!

b
Old 07-03-2013, 04:45 PM
ingleburn

Just read about this. I see your guys are investigating it Brian. Terrible and I hope they will be ok. news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/07/03/08/59/parasail-teens-tossed-into-apartment-building
Old 07-03-2013, 04:48 PM
rikybob

Just read about this. I see your guys are investigating it Brian. Terrible and I hope they will be ok. http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/201...tment-building

Yah, saw it this morning. It's absolutely awful!

You'll never get me up in one of those, parachutes in general, bungee cords, hot air balloons, motorcycles (grew up on 'em) or anything likely to kill me. Bad enough I operate equipment on a daily basis that has killed other officers!

b
Old 07-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Ddaddy

H e l l if I know?

What recall?

Bought it off Amazon.....if I hates it.......it goes back!

b
jk...GOTCHA

Old 07-03-2013, 11:27 PM
mnemennth

Just read about this. I see your guys are investigating it Brian. Terrible and I hope they will be ok. http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/201...tment-building

Yah, saw it this morning. It's absolutely awful!

You'll never get me up in one of those, parachutes in general, bungee cords, hot air balloons, motorcycles (grew up on 'em) or anything likely to kill me. Bad enough I operate equipment on a daily basis that has killed other officers!

b
Aww, come on brian... I know alligators have bad breath, but they are reasonably easy to operate; they're pretty much self-starting! Just... don't forget yer electrical tape.

I try to avoid engaging in any activity with "PARA" at the beginning; it usually ends up in a visit from the PARAmedics.

mnem
Do not expect me to EVERjump out of a perfectly good airplane. I'm crazy, not stupid.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:48 PM
Edmund2

Mnem, then I suppose I was stupid earlier in my life having jumped 486 times out of perfectly serviceable aircraft of varous kinds including about 30 heli jumps.

It is now even more official that I will not be going to Donetsk in Ukraine and Moscow for the 2 world championships in July and August I was invited to officiate at. So holiday in Namibia for me in 4 weeks time. Would have loved the almost 4 weeks of "Sports Leave" that was granted by my employer but they are very happy that they will now not have to mpay me while I am out "playing".

Again a great day out here and yes I do have the mcpx at the office with 5 lipos for a lunchtime flip or two on the roof.

Edmund 
Old 07-04-2013, 12:55 AM
ahamay

Howdy.... got a few pages and vids to catch up on.

Here's another Blade for ingleburn

Old 07-04-2013, 01:15 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Howdy.... got a few pages and vids to catch up on.

Here's another Blade for ingleburn

Hahaha not on your life. Ripped the wires out of the BL tail motor today and find its $23 for a new one. Prob cost that much for a link on that one.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:17 AM
ingleburn

Save yourself some time and skip most of the last 3 pages. These new jokers are trashing the thread.Damn quads.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:02 AM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

Just wakin' up here and looking at the day ahead!

It's a public holiday (July 4th, Independence day from the "Evil British Overlords") and the rains in Florida decided to stop, on the 1st day back to work. JOY![:@]

It will be a minimum 10 hour day on the water and at least one drunk will come with me to jail.

@ mnem - Gators FEAR me!

@ Ddaddy - DOH!

@ Edmund - Sorry to hear you can't take the 1 month play break! As for stupid jumping out of the aircraft? No. CRAZY!!!! Yes! You are the person that I "know" now that has the record on jumps. I know of NO one else with that many and I worked with a "Gunny". Amazing! I have to ask did you EVER have to deploy chute #2?

@ Jonesy - Uh, 1400 USD for a forkin' helicopter??!!??!?! Does a little Chinese hand come out and.....?

@ Ingleburn - 23 USD for a forkin' tail motor??!!??? Does a little Chinese hand come out and ....? So what else did ya buy there? You KNOW you bought something!!! Quads?? [:'(]Someone say something about a quad? meh.

Alright childrens, time to relax and meditate before the loooooonnnnnggg day ahead.

It really feels good to know as of today, I have exactly 90 days left to work until I can retire (if I wish to do so)

b

PS Happy 4th of JULY!

PSS Cool as hell way of balancing yer motors......

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yLRGF5_4XU[/youtube]
Old 07-04-2013, 04:26 AM
Edmund2

Brian, yes happy 4th of July from me. I only needed to deploy chute 2 once due to somebody stepping on my  canopy in the air whereafter it collapsed. Peter Lawson currently the owner of Parachute club here has in excess of 17,000 jumps last time I saw him at an airshow.

My old friend Brian Slade passed away as a result of "soft landing" about 3 years ago when he go knocked out getting out of a plane and then got hooked up on the tail gear. He had more than 10,000 jumps. I started jumping with him way back in 1976 and we were founder members of our Defence Force Freefall Club, Peter mentioned above at that time was doing his military call up service and he by that time already had about 300 jumps behind him. He was and still is brilliant up there having watched his skills with Bino's.

Edmund
Never mentioned before but I did hold a Glider license from 1985 to 1995.  Did a Silver 7 9 times.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:37 AM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

Happy Independence Day to all the U.S Citizen knuckle heads.
B
Old 07-04-2013, 04:39 AM
ingleburn

@ Ingleburn - 23 USD for a forkin' tail motor??!!??? Does a little Chinese hand come out and ....? So what else did ya buy there? You KNOW you bought something!!! Quads?? [:'(]Someone say something about a quad? meh.

To tell you the truth after seeing how much it was I didnt go and buy it. I will but under protest and the fact my heli wont fly without it.
To get over the shock I went online and bought a box full of spares for the pro. Guess what, cost only $2 more than that damn motor.

The GT is ready to roll again, hope the forecast winds stay away.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:49 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Edmund2

Mnem, thenI suppose I was stupid earlier in my life having jumped 486 times out of perfectly serviceable aircraft of varous kinds including about 30 heli jumps.

It is now even more official that I will not be going to Donetsk in Ukraine and Moscow for the 2 world championships in July and AugustI was invited to officiate at. So holiday in Namibia for me in 4 weeks time.Would have loved the almost 4 weeks of "Sports Leave" that was granted by my employer but they are very happy that they will now not have to mpay me while I am out "playing".

Again a great day out here and yes I do have the mcpx at the office with 5 lipos for a lunchtime flip or two on the roof.

Edmund
Bad luck about missing that trip. Would have been a nice paid holiday.
Always wanted to jump out of a plane but never got around to it.
Many years ago when in the Army I was on standby to go to Namibia as a peace keeper but they went the year after I got out.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:24 AM
Edmund2

We had a 97 year old who did his 7th tandem jump last month, all over the news here. His kids paid for his first on his 90th birthday and every year thereafter. So you are not too old to do it.  As for that Namibia army stint, would be the time I was there monitoring the "election". Suppose I am giving my age away.

Edmund
Old 07-05-2013, 04:31 AM
Edmund2

Wow, almost 24 hours and no post. You must be flooded, rained out or frozen out there with power outage to run the PC's. Cloudy over here with a heck of a cold front still rolling over along with the associated wind. Hope it does not spoil my planned weekend flying. 

Have a great weekend all.

Edmund

Old 07-05-2013, 04:46 AM
rikybob

Wow, almost 24 hours and no post. You must be flooded, rained out or frozen out there with power outage to run the PC's. Cloudy over here with a heck of a cold front still rolling over along with the associated wind. Hope it does not spoil my planned weekend flying.

Edmund

Worked Indempendence Day for 12 hours and up early to work my way to the beach for an overnighter!

Awoke to find that the "Checker Robot..." is sending all me stuff! Are there any better worlds?

All the best!

b
Old 07-05-2013, 06:28 PM
ingleburn

Edmund

Hahaha no I got a bit of flying in with the Tarot Pro and BL Mcpx but the wind has picked up and should be right tomorrow to give the repaired GT a test flight.
Went to the LHS to pick up a BL tail motor for the Mcpx but they were out of stock.Had to order one online so it will be grounded for a few days.
While I was at it I added to the order a set of Align blades and KBBD dampers for the Pro to see if they make any difference. Hey if you have to pay postage you may as well get your moneys worth.

Being the 4th person to order a Mobius I was looking forward to being the first one in Australia to have one but some guy already has his so not happy.,
Still waitin g for the larger case for the #16 as well so no video from me for a while.

Hope the weather plays nice and you get some flying in.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:29 PM
ingleburn

Edmund

Worked Indempendence Day for 12 hours and up early to work my way to the beach for an overnighter!

Awoke to find that the "Checker Robot..." is sending all me stuff! Are there any better worlds?

All the best!

b
I reckon the words "Onboard with driver" are a lot better.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:35 AM
ahamay

Anyone interested the Heli Masters 2013 are on in Venlo this weekend. They have a live stream you can watch at the link below. They have a night fly comp tonight which is always very cool.

http://new.livestream.com/rcmedien/helimasters2013venlo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.