Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 05:01 AM
ahamay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Align looks like they have just entered the quad arena. Interesting to see what range they end up with.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:06 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Align looks like they have just entered the quad arena. Interesting to see what range they end up with.
Linky plz?
Old 07-06-2013, 03:25 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Linky plz?
I saw it on their Facebook Page. Not much info around about them yet or what the range will be, but I guess they will have all sizes and costs a fortune

www.facebook.com/pages/Align-Corporation/194493419543

Old 07-06-2013, 04:07 PM
ingleburn

Anyone interested the Heli Masters 2013 are on in Venlo this weekend. They have a live stream you can watch at the link below. They have a night fly comp tonight which is always very cool.

http://new.livestream.com/rcmedien/helimasters2013venlo

Had a quick look last night and it was awesome. Had a look this morning and even better.
They had night flying and wow. Click on the link and play the stream then scroll through to 16:28 for some amazing flying at night.
At 16:35 a guy flys his nitro with only 2 flood lights. A few crashes in there as well as 1 guy hitting TH when his heli goes behind him.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:57 PM
mnemennth

Welp...

Y'all know muh KK2.0 got here. Now it's orificial; I've gone off the deep end.

I ordered my Mobius today. I got the cable kit too; and I even sprung for the Squaretrade. I dunno; you think $16 for 3 years of " Drops, spills and other accidents during use, including liquid damage from immersion." coverage sounds like a good idea for a camera I'm going to strap to a little plane and fly around from half a mile away?

I certainly hope so... maybe they'll offer me a loss rider too; they did on my iPwn.

Also got a couple of these:

http://www.helidirect.com/mini-heli-...450-p-4977.hdx

Since 2 of them delivered now cost $39 here in the States. I'm going to do one with dividers for my tiny quads & tiny helis, and the other set up as a side x side for my EXI 450Pro &my HDX450 once i get the bits in to make it TT and DFC. My first one is sweet; it has a zipper liner into which you place these semi-rigid insert plastic panels that make it VERYprotected space; plus, having a padded TX pocket at EACHENDreally is pretty badass.

As for Align getting into MultiRotor... Meh.

The market is already saturated with very good, open-architecture hardware which technology is growing exponentially on an almost hourly basis. I for one am very NOTINTERESTED in getting into a Closed Ecosystem with a company which has repeatedly proven that it will design to make you come back to them for parts rather than designing to make a better helicopter. I am STILLgrievously disappointed in my 450Pro. Speaking as an engineer, professionally, that is.

I was, however, very interested in Colin Bell's 700-size flying disco ball... that thing is PIMP.

My Q450 frames are still on hold; I hope I can close out another couple Work Orders before the swarm goes away.

mnem
Somebody stop me...
Old 07-07-2013, 03:22 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

Welp...

Y'all know muh KK2.0 got here. Now it's orificial; I've gone off the deep end.

Misery DOES love company Got a fix for the faulty screen yet? Additionally I'm perusing KK2 "Board Protectors" but [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1691558]the one I want[/link] is OOS. Grrrrr! I may wait a bit but if not, there is [link=http://www.ebay.com/itm/KK2-Board-Protector-/271214395436]THIS[/link].

I ordered my Mobius today. I got the cable kit too; and I even sprung for the Squaretrade. I dunno; you think $16 for 3 years of '' Drops, spills and other accidents during use, including liquid damage from immersion.'' coverage sounds like a good idea for a camera I'm going to strap to a little plane and fly around from half a mile away?

Linky PLEASE??? I'm really looking forward to your review (and Ingleburn). If this is a 70USD analog of the HERO for our purposes I'll feel better when I get into FPV knowing that if I get a "fly away" I lost less than 1/3 of the price!

I certainly hope so... maybe they'll offer me a loss rider too; they did on my iPwn.

Also got a couple of these:

http://www.helidirect.com/mini-heli-...450-p-4977.hdx

Since 2 of them delivered now cost $39 here in the States. I'm going to do one with dividers for my tiny quads & tiny helis, and the other set up as a side x side for my EXI 450Pro & my HDX450 once i get the bits in to make it TT and DFC. My first one is sweet; it has a zipper liner into which you place these semi-rigid insert plastic panels that make it VERY protected space; plus, having a padded TX pocket at EACH END really is pretty badass.

Man that is slick!

As for Align getting into MultiRotor... Meh.

The market is already saturated with very good, open-architecture hardware which technology is growing exponentially on an almost hourly basis. I for one am very NOT INTERESTED in getting into a Closed Ecosystem with a company which has repeatedly proven that it will design to make you come back to them for parts rather than designing to make a better helicopter. I am STILL grievously disappointed in my 450Pro. Speaking as an engineer, professionally, that is.

It's kinda funny as I appreciate your engineering point of view and think you're spot-on. Then there's the rest of the world! There are folk out there, we'll refer to them as "Fan Boys" that will actually, if allowed, purchase S H I T on bread. Further, they will delight in the act of purchasing same and give a resounding MMMMMmmmm as they eat it, KNOWING all the while it's SOB! The easiest folk to pick on are Harley Davidson people and people who buy domestic automobiles. These folk will buy stuff that fails or simply doesn't work and think it's "ok"! I'm PLEASED late commer Align is getting into the biz and as competition is always welcome and I also secretly like the inevitable industrial espionage that will occur!! Heck, I bet some have even purchased the "Blade 700". WHAT idiots!![:@]

I was, however, very interested in Colin Bell's 700-size flying disco ball... that thing is PIMP.

My Q450 frames are still on hold; I hope I can close out another couple Work Orders before the swarm goes away.

I'll look forward to you getting into the "fray"!!

mnem
Somebody stop me...

CHEERS!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:40 AM
mnemennth

The Mobius is here; $68.99 as promised:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mobius-Actio...item232c961f6a

Cable kit is here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

And the SquareTrade is offered at the time of purchase in a 3-yr plan for $16 and a 2-year plan for $10 (The text where it says "SquareTrade Coverage" in the listing is an about linky to see alternate plan details). I sprung for the extra year mostly because I know my luck will be that @ 2 years, 17 days my Mobius goes "Ahhhhhh!I'm MELTING!" from exposure to a alien mind control ray or somesuch. If you don't expect to still be using it in 2 years, maybe the $10 plan is better.

All told, $92 delivered; I still think I'll like it better than the Hero II refurbs that are all over for $200 right now. (Well, they're just too heavy, so a total nonstarter anyways). The FOVwill be what is critical to me; as we've both seen in the RCGthread, there's nothing but argument over that and the "Define Action Camera" bullroar.

For my interest in the camera, I believe the AOV will be good; I'm more interested in the cinematography aspect than FPV. I think the more normal AOV and 60FPS in 720P will be almost ideal. My end product will probably be this camera for recording, and a completely separate camera/TXsubsystem with the wide FOV for actually navigating. I don't know that I actually CARE about the video out on this beast.

mnem
More framerate!

Old 07-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Ddaddy

Why are you disappointed with the 450 pro? You just have to replace everything with better stuff...500 same way IMO.

And did you see BF's post at the other place? The heli forums are just going to heck in a hand basket...a brown one at that.

HEY! did you guys see the new Blade 700!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:16 AM
rikybob

@ Mniineneenn - YAY! Looking for impressions! Thanx for the linkys!

@ Ddaddy - i backed off on the RC Gr@ups forums of late as I've been busy. Let me guess, they don't behave at all like WE do, do they?

b
Old 07-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Ddaddy

You made me think of a joke...RC need 2 growup!
HF is just as bad.

OP. I need help!

P1. Would love to help, what do you need?

P2. dont lisen to P1, though al your stuff away and by name band.

P3. Na, no, it's U not the eguipmet. Gave up te sport DA

OP. But I haven't even told you the problem yet!

Mod. OP, we won't have you talking about that, your banned

P1. Hey mod, he didn't say s h i t!

Mod. P1 your banned too for lang

P2. toblemakrs, god rideance.

P3. yea, I'm a ganboy 2

No comment about my love for the great Blade 700? I'm disappointed

Old 07-07-2013, 12:28 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

You made me think of a joke...RC need 2 growup!
HF is just as bad.

OP. I need help!

P1. Would love to help, what do you need?

P2. dont lisen to P1, though al your stuff away and by name band.

P3. Na, no, it's U not the eguipmet. Gave up te sport DA

OP. But I haven't even told you the problem yet!

Mod. OP, we won't have you talking about that, your banned

P1. Hey mod, he didn't say s h i t!

Mod. P1 your banned too for lang

P2. toblemakrs, god rideance.

P3. yea, I'm a ganboy 2

No comment about my love for the great Blade 700? I'm disappointed

It's kinda funny as I appreciate your engineering point of view and think you're spot-on. Then there's the rest of the world! There are folk out there, we'll refer to them as "Fan Boys" that will actually, if allowed, purchase S H I T on bread. Further, they will delight in the act of purchasing same and give a resounding MMMMMmmmm as they eat it, KNOWING all the while it's SOB! The easiest folk to pick on are Harley Davidson people and people who buy domestic automobiles. These folk will buy stuff that fails or simply doesn't work and think it's "ok"! I'm PLEASED late commer Align is getting into the biz and as competition is always welcome and I also secretly like the inevitable industrial espionage that will occur!! Heck, I bet some have even purchased the "Blade 700". WHAT idiots!!

Hiya Dan,

Ya, I lurked in other forums for YEARS before posting ANYWHERE!

I was literally apprehensive about it b/c of all the smug little TF's out there.

MOTHER OF GOD!

What a bunch of eeeediots and if they get a little power they go A LOTA KRAZY!!!!

It is the ugly veneer of humanity and NO civility exists with the excepion of here (That's actually NOT true but for arguments sake).

Peckerheads.

As for the 700 I made mention of the machine in my reply to mnememeeeth but like you no mention of it. I think Jonesy posted the thing a page or two back.

1400 bux!

I can ONLY imagine how much ONE cog is??

The reality is, is that you don't crash the big 'uns as much but when you DO.....!!!![:@]

Ok, off to the next pond!

b

Old 07-07-2013, 03:53 PM
mnemennth

Why are you disappointed with the 450 pro? You just have to replace everything with better stuff...500 same way IMO.

And did you see BF's post at the other place? The heli forums are just going to heck in a hand basket...a brown one at that.

Just plain poor design on Align's part, dude. Well, no... I went over this in nauseating detail when I first got here; I had just bought my 450Pro and was terribly disappointed from git-go.

The chassis design is poor, it is service-unfriendly in about every way imaginable, and it is clear that most of the design decisions were made to sell Align parts which are ever-so-slightly different from their standard-format counterparts.

Cases in point:

The Bearing Blocks/ServoBracketery:
If you use the Align Servos specified with the kit, assembling the bearing block assembly, servo head & head is easy-peasy; it can be done off the chassis, set-up with precision, then just dropped in as an assembly. EXCEPT... this entire assembly depends on the exact dimensions of the specified Align servos to work that way, and if you try and use generic servos, nothing fits. Design Fail: ALIGN.

Then you wind up having to assemble the bearing blocks in the frame first just like the old V2, install and trim the mounting tabs on your servos because the screw holes don't line up, and you have to do this either with nothing holding the nose together because you have to remove the nose plate to get to the bottom screws, or you wind up doing like I did and drill holes in the nose plate/battery rest so you can sneak a screwdriver in there. Design Fail: ALIGN.

What they SHOULDhave done is a 1-piece bearing block like that Tarot piece I have for my 450V2 or the one I linked that Tarot makes for the 450ProV2; THATis how it should have been designed in the first place. Tarot clearly outdesigned them with that bit.

While we're there, the design of the entire damn chassis. The single-plane chassis (as opposed to the dual-plane chassis of the 450/450V2) ISundoubtedly more rigid; but it should have been about 15mm wider. This would have allowed room for EVERYTHING TOFIT rather than EVERYDAMNEDTHINGINTERFERINGWITH EVERYTHINGELSE. Added bonus:there would be room for you, the heli's mechanic, to fit too. Design Fail: ALIGN.

The only ESC that fits inside the chassis under the battery shelf where Align intended it is the special long thin tongue-depressor looking thing they made for it; any other ESC has to be hacked or relocated elsewhere. Design Fail: ALIGN.

The only motor that fits without wrangling the wires that want to get cut by the too-close sidewalls is the one Align custom designed so the motor wires exit at EXACTLYthe right angle as opposed to the screw holes, which is of course DIFFERENTfrom the 90° angle EVERYOTHERMOTORMANUFACTURERUSES. Design Fail: ALIGN.

The tail drive: Instead of moving forward and using any of a dozen existing direct-belt-drive arrangements that would have eliminated the gear-gear-belt jiggery-pokery of the old V1/V2, they KEPT that crap design and just changed it enough that you couldn't keep using your old parts in the new design. BLEAHH. You can argue that they wanted to keep the design open for TT use, but you're wrong. The autorotate cog for the belt can just as easily be a bevel gear to direct-drive the Torque-Tube. Design Fail: ALIGN.

The FBLHead: Instead of designing a new FBLhead that leverages the same slider-guide direct-link setup as the existing 3-5 rotor design everybody else already uses and we know works, they make that retarded kludge design with the mixer arms and a set screw in the washout base. SERIOUSLY? THEBIGGESTNAMEINRCHELICOPTERSANDTHAT'STHEBESTYOUCA NDO? Design Fail: ALIGN.

And then, when Compass comes out with the DFC head, instead of licensing it from them WHICH they COULDHAVEDONE, Align STEALS their patented design and tries to use their position in the industry to beat Compass into submission. Design Fail: ALIGN.

AND... Here's the kicker... When their "Engineers" stole Compass' design, they weren't smart enought to know they NEEDEDthe Delrin link to make up for inevitable flex in the head itself; as a result, Align had DFC head helis falling out of the sky. Management ANDDesign Fail: ALIGN.

Oh, and I probably didn't see BF's post you're talking about... can you linky the juicy bits for my parenting-addled mind please?Purty-please?

What; Blade makes a 700 now? *SNERK*

mnem
And if my grandmother had wheels, she's be a trolley-car...

Old 07-07-2013, 04:04 PM
ahamay

The chassis design is poor, it is service-unfriendly in about every way imaginable, and it is clear that most of the design decisions were made to sell Align parts which are ever-so-slightly different from their standard-format counterparts.
My TT Tarot 450 Pro's are a breeze to work on after the 450GT's V2 frame. Those things are a nightmare in comparison. I build mine with one side of the frame off. Allows easy acess to mount everything and run wires etc. Can't do that with the SE V2.

Plush 40amp ESC fits in the stock battery tray no problems.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:15 PM
mnemennth

[EDITEDFORCLARITYthen Ninja'd by Jonesy]

I'm not talking about Tarot here; I'm talking about Align and the design process involved in the original 450Pro. Speaking as an engineer with painful, intimate knowledge of the type and level of pressures placed on engineers in any commercial manufacturing environment.

The EXI 450Pro I have is a VERYfaithful clone of the 450ProV1; I bought it for that reason at the recommendation of a number of folks who supposedly knew what they were talking about. I don't believe they were wrong; I can compare every part in my EXI to the detail images in the Align 450Pro manual and they are identical. I think Align just sold out to their own brand and this CharlieFoxtrot was the offspring.

Between Tarot & Align, I think that Tarot really is doing a lot more engineering aimed at making a better helicopter, while Align's #1 design priority is to protect their brand interests. I'm planning to buy those bits &bobs we talked about a ways back from Tarot; I may yet love my 450Pro thanks to them.

The Plush 40A is what I bought for mine; it doesn't fit inside the frame under the battery tray as Align intended; it fits on the lower chassis which is too close to the RX for my taste. I prefer to isolate my power systems from my RX/Control Systems as much as possible with a linear-chain design. A habit that comes from thinking in Schematic Diagrams for 30 years.

[/EDIT]

mnem
And now, back to you, Bob!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:24 PM
ahamay

I'm not talking about Tarot here; I'm talking about Align and the design process involved in the original 450Pro. Speaking as an engineer with painful, intimate knowledge of the type and level of pressures placed on engineers in any commercial manufacturing environment.
The EXI 450Pro I have is a VERYfaithful clone of the 450ProV1; I bought it for that reason at the recommendation of a number of folks who supposedly knew what they were talking about. I don't believe they were wrong; I think Align just sold out to their own brand and this CharlieFoxtrot was the offspring.
I think, of the two, Tarot really is doing a lot more engineering aimed at making a better helicopter, while Align's #1 design priority is to protect their brand interests. I'm planning to buy those bits &bobs we talked about a ways back from Tarot; I may yet love my 450Pro thanks to them.
Yeah, I'm talking v2 pro. I'm not sure exactly what the differences are but there would be some changes for sure. This is progression I suppose. Take blade and the mcpx.... v1 sucked, v2 sucked even more and now they have v3 the BL which is what v1 should have been instead of using the consumer as a beta tester.

The problem with cloning a bad idea... it's still a bad idea. Your right about Tarot, some recent things like the 450 thrust bearing tail and the new dual bearing FS setups that Align have now produced after Tarot. Maby they have all their engineers working onthe quadcopters

Old 07-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Ddaddy

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Don't pay attention to this guy,I know him very well and he's just being a butt!

Requested link

Old 07-08-2013, 02:41 AM
rikybob

Good stuff to awaken to on my "Thursday".

The declining quality of the Align Product interests me in that the free market economy will slip in to fill the void just like Rome fell and other civilizations came in to fill the void....

Engineering woes come and go as business models drive the economy and even though I consider THIS mess an alternate to and "not real world", it KINDA is.

To "Beenflying" who I have found to be beneficial in the past, this little corner of the interweb is VERY real to him. I find it interesting from an anthropological point of view the rantings of a fella who can't/won't cough up 50 bux a year to maintain status. Business is very much like government and it want's more of itself. As someone mentioned (and you KNOW who I'm talkin' about) that little web forum is private property and as beneficial as one might think they are, one is just a "guest" and subject to the rules of the host.

I'm just pleased that the bulk of my interests occur ITRW and my dallying is limited to holding up a mirror to a forkin' bully and then running away to relative anonymity!

I literally haven't been back!

About three of four years ago I maintained to Rob and Simon that they were actually NOT real.

Then Simon called me!

Happy Monday cyber Beeeeaches!!!!

Yer interweb pal,

b
Old 07-08-2013, 03:14 AM
ahamay

Good stuff to awaken to on my "Thursday".
The declining quality of the Align Product interests me in that the free market economy will slip in to fill the void just like Rome fell and other civilizations came in to fill the void....
Engineering woes come and go as business models drive the economy and even though I consider THIS mess an alternate to and "not real world", it KINDA is.
To "Beenflying" who I have found to be beneficial in the past, this little corner of the interweb is VERY real to him. I find it interesting from an anthropological point of view the rantings of a fella who can't/won't cough up 50 bux a year to maintain status. Business is very much like government and it want's more of itself. As someone mentioned (and you KNOW who I'm talkin' about) that little web forum is private property and as beneficial as one might think they are, one is just a "guest" and subject to the rules of the host.
I'm just pleased that the bulk of my interests occur ITRW and my dallying is limited to holding up a mirror to a forkin' bully and then running away to relative anonymity!
About three of four years ago I maintained to Rob and Simon that they were actually NOT real.
Then Simon called me!
Yer interweb pal,
b
Fifty bucks so you can get 200+ PM's of crap in your inbox.......... or another couple of batteries for the 500 ........ bahhahahhahah

I do kind of understand where the owners are coming from. Decent hosting and support does not come cheap....... but if they asked for say 10 or 15 buks for the same benefits them people might be tempted.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:29 AM
rikybob

Good stuff to awaken to on my ''Thursday''.
Engineering woes come and go as business models drive the economy and even though I consider THIS mess an alternate to and ''not real world'', it KINDA is.
To ''Beenflying'' who I have found to be beneficial in the past, this little corner of the interweb is VERY real to him. I find it interesting from an anthropological point of view the rantings of a fella who can't/won't cough up 50 bux a year to maintain status. Business is very much like government and it want's more of itself. As someone mentioned (and you KNOW who I'm talkin' about) that little web forum is private property and as beneficial as one might think they are, one is just a ''guest'' and subject to the rules of the host.
Then Simon called me!
Yer interweb pal,
b
Fifty bucks so you can get 200+ PM's of crap in your inbox.......... or another couple of batteries for the 500 ........ bahhahahhahah

I do kind of understand where the owners are coming from. Decent hosting and support does not come cheap....... but if they asked for say 10 or 15 buks for the same benefits them people might be tempted.

Agreed. It's kinda funny though because "beenflying" and "Tom Frank" and all the other folk out there (Fixen' to do an FBI profile on them. Someone STOP ME!) live in a little dark hovel and have NO and I mean NO friends and limited access to family as they are either VERY socially inept or in TF's case just plain ornery! They sit and type in their dank little basement ala the Phantom of the Opera (I picture WILD hand gesticulations on the keyboard)! In the entirety of their pathetic little lives they finally have a lopsided venue where they can express themselves and the forkin' forum owners want them to come up with a [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_fifty-dollar_bill]"GRANT"[/link]??! Where else can one have a lop sided conversation (read: diatribe, rather than an actual dialog) for a 50 smakker?

(I gotta quit doing this)

b

The gall and audacity!!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:19 AM
ingleburn

I wish they had plus here cause I would gladly pay my 50 and say get the F*** back on topic, whatever that used to be.

Thinking about selling my Pros and buying some well engineeredV911's. V913's and V959's.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:20 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

I wish they had plus here cause I would gladly pay my 50 and say get the F*** back on topic, whatever that used to be.[img][/img]

Thinking about selling my Pros and buying some well engineered V911's. V913's and V959's. [img][/img]

How 'bout you just get out there and fly there MANIAC??!!!

b

PS Sell them babies and get a 500!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:22 AM
ahamay

I wish they had plus here cause I would gladly pay my 50 and say get the F*** back on topic, whatever that used to be.
Thinking about selling my Pros and buying some well engineeredV911's. V913's and V959's.

Old 07-08-2013, 04:27 AM
ingleburn

I wish they had plus here cause I would gladly pay my 50 and say get the F*** back on topic, whatever that used to be.[img][/img]

Thinking about selling my Pros and buying some well engineeredV911's. V913's and V959's. [img][/img]

b

After watching the night flying I think some LEDS are next on my list.
Mobius still isnt here yet so dont want to rob you of my skills.
How hard can a piro flip be.

Old 07-08-2013, 04:29 AM
rikybob

Thinking about selling my Pros and buying some well engineered V911's. V913's and V959's. [img][/img]

b

After watching the night flying I think some LEDS are next on my list.
Mobius still isnt here yet so dont want to rob you of my skills.[img][/img]
How hard can a piro flip be.[img][/img]

Niggle, niggle!

Don't make me get on a SIM!!!!!![:@]

b
Old 07-08-2013, 04:58 AM
Kozzy_98

Eh,

You only need to be competent in all orientations and perfectly synchronise your cyclic with the speed of the rotation of the heli. Then theres the pich control that needs to be perfect too.

Dare I say, the 3D move that looks average but is extremely hard to do...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.