Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 01:55 AM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kozzy_98
Hi guys, haven't posted for a while..

Well I have been extrememly busy with other things that aren't RC related

Lots of quadcopter talk which is great!

In my opinion, quadcopters have a better "cyclic" response than the helicopters. They also seem (for me) to have more power on the climbs. However, the tail on a heli is miles better than on the quadcopter. The helis also sound much better.

With my quad, the coloured props are enough for me to keep it in orientation.

Also, when installing the keychain cams to the quads, I found that the best way is to zip tie the cam to where ever you need. However, you need to put it on REALLY tightly. As in, all of your strength with pliers tight. With balanced props and 30min of near balancing the motors, I can get reasonable video.

That being said, I prefer the feel of the helicopter, and when you think about it, Helis aren't easier to fly than quads and vice versa. Each have their disadvantages and advantages to them.
Glad to have you back young man and hope all is well in YOUR world!

Yah, when your eyes get to a certain age you can put neon on the thing and STILL lose orientation!

Happy skies!

b
Old 09-01-2013, 02:43 AM
ahamay

Howdy... well after finally finishing my quad build and doing a test hover in the front garden the other day... I finally got down to the field today for it's official first shakedown flight. Here are some vids I took this morning including an onboard with the Mobius taped to the frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdobsMONKXY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tTZFVa5T1Q http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqJzbVVoMj8
Old 09-01-2013, 02:49 AM
rikybob

[QUOTE=ahamay;11605235]Howdy... well after finally finishing my quad build and doing a test hover in the front garden the other day... I finally got down to the field today for it's official first shakedown flight. Here are some vids I took this morning including an onboard with the Mobius taped to the frame.

Great walk around the air frame. I may do a short on mine to compare/contrast.

I have since moved my ball to the back and lets see how "mind mapping" will work and if it results in a LoO!

I will blame both YOU and Ingleburn equally!

Sun is finally rising here!

b
Old 09-01-2013, 03:35 AM
ingleburn

[QUOTE=rikybob;11605237]
Originally Posted by ahamay
Howdy... well after finally finishing my quad build and doing a test hover in the front garden the other day... I finally got down to the field today for it's official first shakedown flight. Here are some vids I took this morning including an onboard with the Mobius taped to the frame.

Great walk around the air frame. I may do a short on mine to compare/contrast.

I have since moved my ball to the back and lets see how "mind mapping" will work and if it results in a LoO!

I will blame both YOU and Ingleburn equally!

Sun is finally rising here!

b
The only LOO you will have is if you foolishly try to fly like Jonesy.
Nice gentle scenic videos is what I expect from you.
Keeping up with a jet is what I expect from Jonesy.
Thanks to you my reflexes were quick enough to pounce on the mute button before his onboard video started.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:08 AM
rikybob

[QUOTE=ingleburn;11605248]
Originally Posted by rikybob

The only LOO you will have is if you foolishly try to fly like Jonesy.
Nice gentle scenic videos is what I expect from you.
Keeping up with a jet is what I expect from Jonesy.
Thanks to you my reflexes were quick enough to pounce on the mute button before his onboard video started.
Heheh......Yah, won't be flyin' like fearless Jonesy!

I DID however call him out on his "maiden". I suspect someone spent a few packs before he let loose like he did. Juuuuust sayin'!

Yah, you HAVE to jump on the mute button on the raw Quad cam viddys or it'll throw you out of your seat!!!

Well, thanx to you Ingleburn I took to the "ball in the rear" like a duck to water with the addition of a little "Bling"!

Enjoy the viddys!

b
Old 09-01-2013, 04:44 AM
ahamay

[QUOTE=rikybob;11605261]
Originally Posted by ingleburn

I DID however call him out on his "maiden". I suspect someone spent a few packs before he let loose like he did. Juuuuust sayin'!

b
Ok, you've got me on a technicality. The official maiden was the 1 minute hover I did in the front yard the other day. The next flight was the maiden video I did above. I did however fly another 3 packs after that, but I'm not going to put up the videos just yet of me flipping and rolling it Here is the official maiden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMwst_pb0wM
Old 09-01-2013, 08:21 AM
rikybob

[QUOTE=ahamay;11605272][QUOTE=rikybob;11605261]

Ok, you've got me on a technicality. The official maiden was the 1 minute hover I did in the front yard the other day. The next flight was the maiden video I did above. I did however fly another 3 packs after that, but I'm not going to put up the videos just yet of me flipping and rolling it Here is the official maiden:

Forgive for impugning your voracity sir!

Here is the Posh Git rig as of this morning!

b

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2vj4wbU4fg&feature=youtu.be
Old 09-01-2013, 03:50 PM
ingleburn

[QUOTE=ahamay;11605272]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMwst_pb0wM
[QUOTE=rikybob;11605400][QUOTE=ahamay;11605272]

Forgive for impugning your voracity sir!

Here is the Posh Git rig as of this morning!

b

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2vj4wbU4fg&feature=youtu.be
They are both different in there own ways but both look really good. How much did they both cost to build?
Just had a chuckle watching the HK vid of the Walkera Quad. Looked unstable as hell and it nearly took the pilot out when he hit the RTH. No way would I trust it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx-e8fltFGc&feature=em-uploademail
Old 09-01-2013, 05:03 PM
rikybob

[QUOTE=ingleburn;11605677][QUOTE=ahamay;11605272]

[QUOTE=rikybob;11605400]

They are both different in there own ways but both look really good. How much did they both cost to build?
Just had a chuckle watching the HK vid of the Walkera Quad. Looked unstable as hell and it nearly took the pilot out when he hit the RTH. No way would I trust it.
Mine was 177.48 less the 4 batteries at 26USD a piece. I gave all my 2.2's away with the expception of two new ones that I use for my Slow Stick.

Keep in mind I KILLED a board 29 USD and KILLED a Q Brian 29 USD but if you didn't pull a dumb *** move the models come in less than 200USD.

For ME it was a "proof of concept" model to see if I could do it and if I'd like it. I CAN and DID!

The project is sequential in that now that I have done it I wish to take more steps.

The HK MEGA board will allow me to do what the DJI Phantom and the Walkera do above and MORE with waypoint sets to send on missions.

As for the Walkera I REALLY like that competion is a commin' so it will make this more affordable for ALL!

The last scene of the viddy of the Walkera "Phantom-a-like' is the Return To Home feature. Worth it's weight in GOLD!

I DO have issues with the out of the box birds and that is what happens when they break (you NEED parts) and the fact that video SUX from them as there are no small, economical vibration free camera mounts!

The third and last step in my progression is FPV and eventually moving over to a FPVManuals 400 or 500 size "H" frame althoug I wouldn't mind making a folding "Y" frame to have one for portability!

I hope all is well in YOUR world!

b
Old 09-01-2013, 07:38 PM
mnemennth

Welp.... we're moved. SORTOF.

Most of the big stuff; still a big truckload worth to go, but that needs sorting first, now that we can get to stuph. Got a 1-ton van full of crap to empty, then try and get a COA to sell to the junkyard, and my old pickup truck too, which the state of NY and the State of TX and our mail forwarding service ganged up & screwed me out of the title on.

Then the REALLY hard part: Sorting my mom's room, which has been essentially untouched since she died.

Then about a WEEK worth of hoeing out the garage, oh wait... and the storage shed. And MOVING the storage shed. And my motorcycle. And ... *HEAD EXPLODES*

[EDIT]

This is from the "Today I..." thread in another forum I frequent; I just started typing what came to mind... I blame the Vicodin.

Today I ...

Worked myself to exhaustion (literally to the point of muscle cramps in arms and legs),

tried setting a laser printer to kill when the movers extorted us for another $100 to keep from rolling with half a loaded truck, but it didn't work so I just threw it at them,

did my job and half their job too,

remembered to put out the trash AND recycle bins,

then loaded up my car and drove 2 1/2 hours to my new house,

then unloaded my car and rode another hour to mom-in-law's house because we won't have electricity & water til Tuesday.

THEN... I had this conversation with my son:

*My son comes to me with his hand full of the sliced American brick cheese from Costco*

"Daddy, where did you get this cheese? Did you go to Costco and get the cheese?"

"Yes, my boy. I remembered to stop and get the cheese; even after all we did today, I got it because my boy loves his cheese, and I want him to be happy."

*Thoughtful pause as he takes another bite*

"Thank you daddy." he answers with genuine consideration.

"You're welcome, son." I answer, smiling.

Today was a total win.

[/EDIT]

mnem
Ifni have mercy on my heathen soul.

Last edited by mnemennth; 09-01-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:26 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by mnemennth

Most of the big stuff; still a big truckload worth to go, but that needs sorting first, now that we can get to stuph. Got a 1-ton van full of crap to empty, then try and get a COA to sell to the junkyard, and my old pickup truck too, which the state of NY and the State of TX and our mail forwarding service ganged up & screwed me out of the title on.

Then the REALLY hard part: Sorting my mom's room, which has been essentially untouched since she died.

Then about a WEEK worth of hoeing out the garage, oh wait... and the storage shed. And MOVING the storage shed. And my motorcycle. And ... *HEAD EXPLODES*

[EDIT]

This is from the "Today I..." thread in another forum I frequent; I just started typing what came to mind... I blame the Vicodin.

Today I ...

Worked myself to exhaustion (literally to the point of muscle cramps in arms and legs),

tried setting a laser printer to kill when the movers extorted us for another $100 to keep from rolling with half a loaded truck, but it didn't work so I just threw it at them,

then unloaded my car and rode another hour to mom-in-law's house because we won't have electricity & water til Tuesday.

*My son comes to me with his hand full of the sliced American brick cheese from Costco*

"Daddy, where did you get this cheese? Did you go to Costco and get the cheese?"

"Yes, my boy. I remembered to stop and get the cheese; even after all we did today, I got it because my boy loves his cheese, and I want him to be happy."

Today was a total win.

[/EDIT]

mnem
Congratulations!

Bi it self evident that we are all wired differently I found moving VERY cathartic and healthy!

When my son moved out (three times) we would use it as an opportunity to address OUR stuff too.

My wife and I travel fairly light, we thought.

1st time kid moved out three years(ish) ago we cleaned our house and got rid of 2000lbs of CRAP! Did we need 3 FULL sets of dishes, rice steamer and a myriad of just phreaking' debris one accumulates from nearly 20 years in the same house?!!?? Hells NO!

Smug that we lightened the load of our home much of the things you set by the road are GONE by the "Ghosts" before you walk back to the house!

Kid moves IN again (this time he brings a girl, but that's another story) and moves OUT and sure enough catharsis time again and ANOTHER 1000lbs of jusr PURE caca AGAIN! by the road. Odd as we really AREN'T pack rats!

Then the last time junior left we had just a few things to put by the road and that was stuff he left and would never use again!

It was awesome!

I have "lockers" in lieu of a shed down one side of my garage and it holds the full contents of a shed and I cull it once a year and its getting close to needin' it again!

It must have been bitter sweet for you to clean moms room. When my mother passed I went down to my dads and I apologized up front but I told him we aren't trying to erase moms memory but this stuff HAS to go and I kid you not, fill up an entire off-load dumpster!

I think this stuff skips a generator. His mother was epicurian then he (dad) subscribes to "He who dies with the most s h i t wins" doctrin and then my and wifey, even with the above in mind, don't. I mean really. We think a garage is for your car and NOT your crap. If you can't get your car in your garage, you MAY have too much CRAP! Throw it away! GIVE it away! You DON'T NEED it!

As for the poignant moment with your son. I like these little snippets of life!

Oddly it sparked a memory trace of growing up. We were poor, not destitute, but poor and when I was his age we had "welfare cheese".

Glad you could appreciate the poignant moment!

"Enjoy" the move as it was probably good for you!

b
Old 09-02-2013, 04:00 AM
ingleburn

Ok once upon a time this thread was about helis.
So I thought I might as well go OT for a little while and post a few vids from today.
Finally got the nerve to try inverted FF with a 450 and it was much harder than I thought.
A few hairy moments but sorry no crashes just yet.
Glad your move is going well mnemennth, want to come over and clean my shed out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVUb2ekIBZQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9q9rWEgpo4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84kR73Q-960
Old 09-02-2013, 04:50 AM
rikybob

[EDIT]

Today I ...

Today was a total win.

[/EDIT]

mnem
Congratulations!

Bi it self evident that we are all wired differently I found moving VERY cathartic and healthy!

When my son moved out (three times) we would use it as an opportunity to address OUR stuff too.

My wife and I travel fairly light, we thought.

1st time kid moved out three years(ish) ago we cleaned our house and got rid of 2000lbs of CRAP! Did we need 3 FULL sets of dishes, rice steamer and a myriad of just phreaking' debris one accumulates from nearly 20 years in the same house?!!?? Hells NO!

Smug that we lightened the load of our home much of the things you set by the road are GONE by the "Ghosts" before you walk back to the house!

Kid moves IN again (this time he brings a girl, but that's another story) and moves OUT and sure enough catharsis time again and ANOTHER 1000lbs of jusr PURE caca AGAIN! by the road. Odd as we really AREN'T pack rats!

Then the last time junior left we had just a few things to put by the road and that was stuff he left and would never use again!

It was awesome!

I have "lockers" in lieu of a shed down one side of my garage and it holds the full contents of a shed and I cull it once a year and its getting close to needin' it again!

It must have been bitter sweet for you to clean moms room. When my mother passed I went down to my dads and I apologized up front but I told him we aren't trying to erase moms memory but this stuff HAS to go and I kid you not, fill up an entire off-load dumpster!

I think this stuff skips a generator. His mother was epicurian then he (dad) subscribes to "He who dies with the most s h i t wins" doctrin and then my and wifey, even with the above in mind, don't. I mean really. We think a garage is for your car and NOT your crap. If you can't get your car in your garage, you MAY have too much CRAP! Throw it away! GIVE it away! You DON'T NEED it!

As for the poignant moment with your son. I like these little snippets of life!

Oddly it sparked a memory trace of growing up. We were poor, not destitute, but poor and when I was his age we had "welfare cheese" !

I hated being poor but I LOVED that cheese!

"Enjoy" the move. It's prolly good for ya!

b

Last edited by rikybob; 09-02-2013 at 05:17 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:09 AM
Jonie

Hi i am a heli flyer an i want to buy a gas rc heli that can fly for some time and carry some weight. I have been locking one the DHL Aeolus 50 nitro gas rc helicopter 8 channel and the Large Scale 26cc Zenoah Engine 3D Capable Gas-powered RC Helicopter - Upgrade Version - RTF are theese okay for me? (I havent flewn more than half a year)
Old 09-02-2013, 05:11 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by Jonie
Hi i am a heli flyer an i want to buy a gas rc heli that can fly for some time and carry some weight. I have been locking one the DHL Aeolus 50 nitro gas rc helicopter 8 channel and the Large Scale 26cc Zenoah Engine 3D Capable Gas-powered RC Helicopter - Upgrade Version - RTF are theese okay for me? (I havent flewn more than half a year)
Hiya Jonie and welcome to the forum!

Sadly I have NO knowledge of "gassers".

Perhaps another forum member does?

Happy Flyin'!

b
Old 09-02-2013, 05:13 AM
rikybob

So I thought I might as well go OT for a little while and post a few vids from today.
Finally got the nerve to try inverted FF with a 450 and it was much harder than I thought.
A few hairy moments but sorry no crashes just yet.
Glad your move is going well mnemennth, want to come over and clean my shed out.

Ratz!

I forgot to push "send" and I commented on each viddy!

Paraphrase below":

Viddy 1: Brian your videos almost KILLED me!

I ain't flyin' NO inverted!

Viddy 2: (Around 1:53) Flyin' inverted! WOOOOOOOT!!!!

Viddy 3: MORE inverted!!!

Congratulations!

Thanx for sharing your 1sts!

b

PS Forgot to add that my total for the Quad included 2 extra kits @ about 9 bux apiece! Non PCB for replacements (of which I used on two arms)

================================================== ============================================

FOUND original post!

b

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch ALL of my VIDDYS!! WATCH ALL MY VIDDYS!!!!!

Viddy 1: Yer in frame and great blather! Oh, don't worry about me flippin' me quad!!! Hmmmm can't do inverted (foreshadowing I see)! Yah, GPS is a commin'! The BL MCP X IS awesome but alas...mine is DOA for now! Need to look at MY MCP X board too. Timer already?? Blather makes the time go by!

Viddy 2: A drum roll please??? Building confidence??? Here it GO! WOW! 1:58!!! Pee yerself did ya?? Awesome! @ 3:54 got yer gutz up again???

Viddy 3: "Be the helicopter!" Be the "inverted"!!! Great flyin'! Ala Rob: "I could do that, I just don't WANT to "!!!!

Thanx for sharing!

Time to go "boating"!!!

b

Last edited by rikybob; 09-02-2013 at 05:18 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:04 AM
mnemennth

B -

I guess I didn't make myself very clear; this stuff:

" Most of the big stuff [is moved]; still a big truckload worth to go, but that needs sorting first, now that we can get to stuph. Got a 1-ton van full of crap to empty, then try and get a COA to sell to the junkyard, and my old pickup truck too, which the state of NY and the State of TX and our mail forwarding service ganged up & screwed me out of the title on.

"

All this stuff still remains to be done. THAT is why my head is ready to explode.

Ingleburn -

I asked my wife; she said no. Evidently you needing your shed cleaned out is NOT an acceptable reason to spend the money on airfare to Oz. I suggested that we could save some money since it didn't HAVE to be round trip; she thought about it for a minute and STILL said no.

Today, it looks like we're having a forced vacation day. The new landlord doesn't want to be bothered with the lease agreement; something about holiday plans. (How rude. ) We can't do anything about the water & electric until we have a signed lease, so... guess we going just have to suck it up and relax today at grandma's. It's going to be hard, but I think I can manage.

mnem
Who knows, maybe the feeling will even return to the left side of my body... that would be a novel sensation. :-/
Old 09-02-2013, 01:04 PM
mnemennth

Originally Posted by Jonie
Jonie, stop for a moment and think about what you're asking here.

You've come to a forum dedicated to the smallest clone electric heli on the market; if you've read even the last dozen pages, you'd know we haven't flown anything larger than a 550 electric heli or 450 size quadcopter. You then post, out of the blue, asking us, who've never met you, know nothing about what you have flown (other than that you've "flown" for approx 6 months) what large-scale gas-powered heli is right for you.

I realize that our little subforum is, from time to time, one of the busiest on RCU. I also realize we have branched out quite a bit from the original subject matter and now talk about a number of different model electric helis and also quadcopters.

But... nothing in our entire history on RCU would indicate that we are an appropriate place to ask about the class of helis you are interested in.

A quick search of RCU for "Aeolus 50" returns only a handful of results, all of which are at least 3 years dead; so I'm thinking maybe RCU just hasn't gathered enough interested folks to have a lot of knowledge about that particular brand. There are, however, a number of other brands of gas heli with threads, and the General Heli Forum, which is SUPPOSED to be for this sort of inquiry (Any kind of heli that doesn't have its own thread)zxx. I say that with tongue in cheek, knowing just how well we adhere to what is "On-topic" around here.

Personally, I would think that HeliFreak.com would be more likely to have the kind of users and knowledge you seek; or, if you can brave the "free-for-all" attitiude, RC Groups also has a lot of Gassers (both aircraft and users ) to choose from. They are also likeliest to have some knowledge of the generic import heli you were asking about.

Now, it is entirely possible that one of our members has some knowledge of the helis you're asking about, don't get me wrong. But nothing I've seen in the last 2 years coming here would suggest it.

mnem
Error 404-PS: PITHY REMARK NOT FOUND
Old 09-02-2013, 03:35 PM
rikybob

B -

I guess I didn't make myself very clear; this stuff:

" Most of the big stuff [is moved]; still a big truckload worth to go, but that needs sorting first, now that we can get to stuph. Got a 1-ton van full of crap to empty, then try and get a COA to sell to the junkyard, and my old pickup truck too, which the state of NY and the State of TX and our mail forwarding service ganged up & screwed me out of the title on.

"

All this stuff still remains to be done. THAT is why my head is ready to explode.

:-/
Yah, it was my misunderstanding as I was typing BEFORE coffee!

Godspeed on the projects you have ahead of you and KNOW that the anticipation of misery is typically worse than the event!

All the best!!!

b
Old 09-02-2013, 03:53 PM
rikybob

Early morning piffle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_5MSs5-reQ&feature=youtu.be
Old 09-03-2013, 04:30 AM
ahamay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84kR73Q-960
Congrats on the inverted flight on the 450... great flying.

I thought you would be able to answer your phone whilst flying inverted by now !
Old 09-03-2013, 04:34 AM
ahamay

So keeping with the theme of pimping out our quads mine now had leds front and rear. I've got blue at the front and red at the back......and they are damn bright. The wierd thing is I really think it's easier to fly in the dark with the lights than in the daytime. Here's a couple of SHORT videos I did this afternoon.... one at sunset and the other after total darkness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-DgyU1woE8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Kxsc737Z0
Old 09-03-2013, 04:49 PM
rikybob

Hello ChildrenZ!

Had a nice few days off and did some flyin'!

Got my Slow Stick back together and look forward to boring the pants off y'all tomorrow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_5MSs5-reQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K3updQQVE8 b
Old 09-04-2013, 02:45 PM
ingleburn

Congrats on the inverted flight on the 450... great flying.

I thought you would be able to answer your phone whilst flying inverted by now !
I was going to bend down and answer it but didnt want to show off, after all I was drinking a coffee and having a smoke.

Notifications stopped working again grrr but all good now.

The lights were great and I can see why it would be easier to fly at night. I bet thats not what the car owners were thinking.
You were getting pretty close and your truck nearly copped it on landing.
Havent been in the mood to fly the last couple of days. Maybe today.

I see HK are doing a video series on the KK. Bit late for you and Brian but they must be getting a lot of questions about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uav1cto0o6Q&feature=em-uploademail
Old 09-04-2013, 03:06 PM
rikybob

Had a day at the field and started to get the Lurgy whilst flyin' me 500!

Took a "sickie" today and prepped the Fu-Bar to be installed next Monday or Tuesday.

Hope all is well in YOUR worlds!

b

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWe9LeDiYqg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4M26S8FsoE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6bgRj5IlwQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8idQe7Q8Igk Yesterdays nite flite of the q450 in about an hour from 1915 my time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaQtIYDcj4c&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by rikybob; 09-04-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.