Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 03:42 PM
mnemennth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*Checking in*

I'm back at the house in San Damntonio; staying here for a week or two while wifey works in Victoria & shuttles kids to/from school. I just scored a whole vanload of proper moving co type boxes from a couple moving here from San Diego; I was like "WHAT? You left San Diego to come to Hottern'ell, Texas?" She sed they were following the work same as us.

B - I would love to help you out on the mCPX, but I'm a-feared I'm too busy; plus, my entire workbench is in boxes or already in Victoria. I would appreciate if you'd save me that toasted KK2.0 board if u don't mind tho; I'd like to have a parts unit fer mine.

From what I've seen on the mCPX threads, Kevin really knows his stuff on the mCPX boards; he should be able to fix you right up.

mnem
*Dumber than advertised*
Old 09-08-2013, 04:20 PM
rikybob

Originally Posted by mnemennth
*Checking in*

I'm back at the house in San Damntonio; staying here for a week or two while wifey works in Victoria & shuttles kids to/from school. I just scored a whole vanload of proper moving co type boxes from a couple moving here from San Diego; I was like "WHAT? You left San Diego to come to Hottern'ell, Texas?" She sed they were following the work same as us.

B - I would love to help you out on the mCPX, but I'm a-feared I'm too busy; plus, my entire workbench is in boxes or already in Victoria. I would appreciate if you'd save me that toasted KK2.0 board if u don't mind tho; I'd like to have a parts unit fer mine.

From what I've seen on the mCPX threads, Kevin really knows his stuff on the mCPX boards; he should be able to fix you right up.

mnem
*Dumber than advertised*
Hiya Mnem!,

No worries as I KNOW you are busy and I'm not taking money off yer table.

I'd be my pleasure to post you the dead KK2 board just send me yer snail mail addy on IM!

I hope that sorting though your treasures goes easy on yer mind!

b
Old 09-08-2013, 07:20 PM
ingleburn

Had a big moment today with the 450 and it scared the s*** out of me.
After that poor guy got scalped last week I had visions of the same thing happening.
Tip no 1: Helis fly differently in wind so dont try new skills in wind till you can do them properly in calm conditions.
Luckily the heli and I survived to fight another day but my underpants are a different story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_k759iygZU
Old 09-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by ingleburn
After that poor guy got scalped last week I had visions of the same thing happening.
Tip no 1: Helis fly differently in wind so dont try new skills in wind till you can do them properly in calm conditions.
Luckily the heli and I survived to fight another day but my underpants are a different story.

Great inverted flying and a great save, I totally agree with your four letter comments.. a little too close for comfort.

Take care guys.. that incident in the USA is a sobering reminder for us all.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:54 AM
rikybob

Oooooooh that was CHILLING!

My 1st observation is language sir!!

LANGUAGE!!

My 2nd is, is that you have ballz the size of grapefruit not only flying in that CRAZY wind but the SAVE!

Goodonya!

Thanx for sharing!

Off to the docs this morning

b

PS Jonesy, do you have anything to share with us today?
Old 09-09-2013, 04:22 AM
ingleburn

Originally Posted by Rob2160
Great inverted flying and a great save, I totally agree with your four letter comments.. a little too close for comfort.

Take care guys.. that incident in the USA is a sobering reminder for us all.
Originally Posted by rikybob
Oooooooh that was CHILLING!

My 1st observation is language sir!!

LANGUAGE!!

My 2nd is, is that you have ballz the size of grapefruit not only flying in that CRAZY wind but the SAVE!

Goodonya!

Thanx for sharing!

Off to the docs this morning

b

PS Jonesy, do you have anything to share with us today?
Thanks for dropping in Rob. Not good flying and a lucky save, not a good one. Might have been better off hitting TH straight away but luckily I didnt end up hurt. Didnt really care about the heli, more worried about me.

As for you my old pal, Ive heard some language from you lately that made me laugh. Guess we are all comfortable with each other now and dont edit it out.
The wind didnt really bother me that much, must be getting used to it but trying inverted was a moment of madness that wont be repeated. I value my life to much.
Jonesy has been quiet so do tell, Im guessing a monster crash or maybe another little Jonesy on the way.

Anyway you 2 have started to interest me in quads. Dont want another heli and need something new so dont be surprised if I bombard you with pm's soon picking your brains.
Between you and HK with their video series on the KK and dead cat Im thinking about building one.

Hope the docs goes well, I need you to guide me through this quad stuff.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:12 AM
mnemennth

Ingleburn -

Woohoo! That WAS a bit up close & personal there. Glad you were able to pull it out, and glad you have sense enough to learn from it.

B - I was gonna say cast iron basketballs, but same comment.

And hope the Doc has good news, like its some gallstone or similar sh... tuff.

mnem
"Yeah, we know when he's walking by... *Clink,Clunk... Clink,Clunk*"

Last edited by mnemennth; 09-09-2013 at 06:14 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:11 AM
ingleburn

Before the storm there was calm. Heres the flight before the near miss. Flew 10 packs today to cycle the batteries and videoed the lot without blather.
Decided to cheat a bit and get a cheat sheet and add the blather in later. Dont know about cast iron basketballs, more like rocks in my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTaB6QozOig
Old 09-09-2013, 07:53 AM
rikybob

Before the storm there was calm. Heres the flight before the near miss. Flew 10 packs today to cycle the batteries and videoed the lot without blather.
Decided to cheat a bit and get a cheat sheet and add the blather in later. Dont know about cast iron basketballs, more like rocks in my head.
Great (Posh Git) flippin', looping, rolling and flyin'!

Great blather and look forward to your Quad project. Any way we can help just let us know!!!

Thanx for the well wishes and I'm just about in the pink!

All the best!

b
Old 09-09-2013, 12:29 PM
rikybob

' allow every 'buddy!

Healing up nicely and my viddy log below with explain....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfrkhs6oIZA&feature=youtu.be b
Old 09-09-2013, 01:04 PM
mnemennth

B - Glad it was just a bout of Irritable Bowel Syndrome; U may wind up having to do the Prilosec thang like me, OLD MAN!!!

Yeah, stick with the 4mm plugs; they're good for 100A vs the 3mm rated at 60A (Or 30A, if you agree with the guys who make the EC3 connectors)

Nice charger; I'll prolly soon either make a kitbox with my assorted iMars chargers and the big 100A PSU, or suck it up and buy one like your... Ahhh, who'm I kidding? I'm a cheap bastahd; I'll use the ones I've got until they die.

mnem
"Irritable OLD FART Syndrome is more like it... " sez muh wife. :-/
Old 09-09-2013, 01:43 PM
rikybob

B - Glad it was just a bout of Irritable Bowel Syndrome; U may wind up having to do the Prilosec thang like me, OLD MAN!!!

Yeah, stick with the 4mm plugs; they're good for 100A vs the 3mm rated at 60A (Or 30A, if you agree with the guys who make the EC3 connectors)

Nice charger; I'll prolly soon either make a kitbox with my assorted iMars chargers and the big 100A PSU, or suck it up and buy one like your... Ahhh, who'm I kidding? I'm a cheap bastahd; I'll use the ones I've got until they die.

mnem
"Irritable OLD FART Syndrome is more like it... " sez muh wife. :-/
Yah, I got tired of rootin' around UNDER the forkin' charging table. I SWEAR one day a battery will explode on me!

Now I just have to slip UNDER the deck once a visit! A trusty marker will accompany me in my endeavor to mark the battery properly so's I won't have to squint and poke around for the terminals!

Yah, the guys out at the club have been telling me that they have these server PS waiting for the 10 minute soldering job but haven't done it yet!

I noticed that my Accucel 8 is capable of 150 watts on its own so's if I'm flying the pants off of the 500 (yah, really) and I wan't a quicker charge I made a splitter for my 12v source that I'll plug my new charger into (12v source = 10 gauge COPPER line soldered to the battery clips) and I can actually charge 5 batteries off my rig!

I have become a FREAKING genius solderer! Thanx for the tip on a good solder station, solder and flux!

As for my gutz it was a bug. If I haven't mentioned before my dad gave me 3 cool malady's. 1) Diabetes 2) Insomnia 3) Bad stomach. I have, for the past few years been taking a plethora of meds to keep my gutz at bay and am down to just two.

I am old.

All the best!

b

EDIT: Apparently the dang thing balances a WHOLE lot better than my Accucel 6's!

Last edited by rikybob; 09-09-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:54 PM
mnemennth

And proof of how EFFED-UP this world is...

Carl Icahn, infamous corporate raider, has finally given up on Dell. We won't talk about the deal Michael Dell had to make with MicroSatanSoft to fend him off; but... even after LOSING, this arsehole will net at least $10million when Dell goes private... just for being a colossal arsehole.

http://www.crn.com/news/mobility/240...&elqTrack=true

Damn; I'd like to have just the table scraps after everybody leaves that mess...

mnem
*Cynical*
Old 09-09-2013, 04:11 PM
rikybob

Carl Icahn, infamous corporate raider, has finally given up on Dell. We won't talk about the deal Michael Dell had to make with MicroSatanSoft to fend him off; but... even after LOSING, this arsehole will net at least $10million when Dell goes private... just for being a colossal arsehole.

Damn; I'd like to have just the table scraps after everybody leaves that mess...

mnem
*Cynical*
I've pondered this and there are many thoughts I could share that would prolly result in interesting blather but I'll take a swipe with this:

"Who the hell is Dell?"

b

Computer manufacturers
Old 09-09-2013, 05:58 PM
ahamay

Wow man, you had me ducking away from my monitor. That's a nice save .. glad you didn't get cleaned up.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:05 PM
ahamay

So..... what happens when your about to crash your quad and by habit you still hit Throttle Hold.............. err it still crashes lol !! Yeah I crashed the quad yesterday. I had some of those Australian Buffalo killer ants on my hat and face and got distracted and then realised I should have paid the extra for a board with return to home or loiter.... damn.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:12 PM
ahamay

mnem
*Cynical*
Deep down I think he's spewing he didn't buy a bigger chunk.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:28 AM
mnemennth

Yeah, well... that wasn't for lack of trying. He bought every share he could get his skeevy little claws on; that's what this whole CHARLIEFOXTROT was all about. He couldn't buy enough shares to have a controlling interest, not even by a fraction. So he resorted to litigation, trying to SUE Dell into selling a controlling interest. This is what America has turned into; a place where you can sue to MAKE somebody sell to you when they don't want to. As if "Eminent Domain" weren't evil enough...

Yes, I'm up at the buttcrack-of-dawn for ANOTHER box run. I have a work order today, so I'm prolly gonna go catch a short nap b4 I go get cleaned up 4 that. If this migraine lets up...

mnem
Pray for me. Or don't.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:38 AM
rikybob

Yeah, well... that wasn't for lack of trying. He bought every share he could get his skeevy little claws on; that's what this whole CHARLIEFOXTROT was all about. He couldn't buy enough shares to have a controlling interest, not even by a fraction. So he resorted to litigation, trying to SUE Dell into selling a controlling interest. This is what America has turned into; a place where you can sue to MAKE somebody sell to you when they don't want to. As if "Eminent Domain" weren't evil enough...

Yes, I'm up at the buttcrack-of-dawn for ANOTHER box run. I have a work order today, so I'm prolly gonna go catch a short nap b4 I go get cleaned up 4 that. If this migraine lets up...

mnem
Pray for me. Or don't.

"If it wasn't for lawyers, we wouldn't need them." - Anonymous

b

Have PHUN!

PS In light of your situation, I'm going to re-clean out my garage for you in sympathy!

PSS I just LOVE these guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQwdp...em-uploademail

Last edited by rikybob; 09-10-2013 at 04:43 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:13 AM
mnemennth

BTW -

B - the 100A/1200W server (actually, a measly 75A/900W at 110V if you don't mod the voltage regulation ) PSU is DEAD EASY; even Jonesey could do it.

Look here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post25200780

Ignore the stuff about isolating the ground; those peeps are just doing that so they can series-output these for 24V to run the UBER-CHARGERS those crazy folks use for their 6-12S packs on the monster helis & 1/5 scale mud buggies. Mine is a bit more sophisticated; I added 4mm banana jacks and Switch & Voltmeter and hacked it to 13.5V, etc. But U can have one of them up & running in 5 minutes if all you want is 12V as if running from a car battery; all u need is a resistor in the 470-1KΩ range. Easy-peasy.

Here's where I bought mine for $17 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-438202-00...item4170be2146

Those of you NOT in the US should search for HP 438202-002 or 438202-001 or DL580 Power Supply.

When I have a chance I'll post pics of mine all done; it cost me less than $30 for everything, including the panel meter from China.

mnem
Pray for me. Or don't.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:30 AM
rikybob

BTW -

B - the 100A/1200W server (actually, a measly 75A/900W at 110V if you don't mod the voltage regulation ) PSU is DEAD EASY; even Jonesey could do it.

Look here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post25200780

Ignore the stuff about isolating the ground; those peeps are just doing that so they can series-output these for 24V to run the UBER-CHARGERS those crazy folks use for their 6-12S packs on the monster helis & 1/5 scale mud buggies. Mine is a bit more sophisticated; I added 4mm banana jacks and Switch & Voltmeter and hacked it to 13.5V, etc. But U can have one of them up & running in 5 minutes if all you want is 12V as if running from a car battery; all u need is a resistor in the 470-1KΩ range. Easy-peasy.

Here's where I bought mine for $17 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-438202-00...item4170be2146

Those of you NOT in the US should search for HP 438202-002 or 438202-001 or DL580 Power Supply.

When I have a chance I'll post pics of mine all done; it cost me less than $30 for everything, including the panel meter from China.

mnem
Pray for me. Or don't.
I enjoy your posts thoroughly but I suspect that it is in neglect of certain other duties?

Actually since I'm a goof I do a chore, post (screw off). Do a chore, screw off.......

Yah there was amazing pressure from the club boyz to buy THIS or THIS or THIS!

Many thanx to the folk that helped me "think out loud" in the decision making process but.....

What I noticed was that everyone who said they had servers at home (to do the required 24v mod) hadn't done them yet, for years!

Further, I noticed that my three little crappy HK chargers were getting me into the air with what ever endeavor I was flying in about the same amount of time given the "BS factor" associated with club flying. Hmmmmm???

For my "personal condition" I decided (having been a fan of critical analysis) that for "me". The 200 USD charger that I have suits my style of charging.

Besides I suspect that not "Hard Charging" the hell out of my batteries is why I get such a long life out of 'em??
Fixen to install the Fu-Bar!!

Later bizzzizzzaches!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVHz_0KeOOU

Last edited by rikybob; 09-10-2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:31 AM
ahamay

PSU is DEAD EASY; even Jonesey could do it.
Yup - Dell Server PSU 500watt 40 amps.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:34 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by ahamay

Very nizzzzze indeed!

b
Old 09-10-2013, 10:14 AM
mnemennth

Jonesy -

Nice job! I KNEW you could do it! Glad I could help!

B - Hard charging is a matter of degrees; These guys are using 8,000mah/6S packs (some as big as 8-10S, or 2 6S saddle packs of smaller capacity); that means to charge it in 1 hour (1C rate), you need to provide 8A at 25.2V!! Now cut that down to the 2C or 4C time, you need to provide 16A or 32A at that voltage. If you're starting with 24V, your charger needs to step the source voltage up, so now you're losing a lot of efficiency... you need to add another 20-40% Amp capacity to make up for THAT. If you're starting at 12V source like our chargers you need to step up more than double, so more like 20-30A in just to get 8A out. THAT adds up, my friend, especially when you have saddle packs and need to charge 2 for one run/flight!

Also, when you get into THAT scale of chargers, it is ASSUMED you are running from either big batteries (Like large gel cells or golf cart batteries) or you can spend the uber-bucks on the "recommended" bench power supply. Very few of those chargers have a built-in power supply.

It's all a matter of scale, my friend.

mnem
*Off to my Work Order*

[EDIT]

ARGGGHHH! FEKKING WINBLOWS!

Now I'm stuck waiting for it to install 32 updates on my work laptop, even though I specifically chose the "Shut down without installing these updates" option.

@$$MONKEYS! Where's the "BLEEEP! YOU WITH A GARDEN RAKE!" button?

[/EDIT]

Last edited by mnemennth; 09-10-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:45 PM
ingleburn

Originally Posted by ahamay

In your job there would be no shortage of PSU's to choose from. I could get my hands on a few but would be to scared I would blow myself up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.