Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 03:36 PM
ingleburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well looks like I know what Im doing this afternoon

If I can take a line out of a song: My eyes are dim I cannot see, all Brians videos are *********** killing me.

Seriously if it wasnt for you I think this thread would have been dead by now. Thats for keeping us all interested.

Hope your not struck down for long. Well maybe long enough for me to catch up with the videos.

On another note this morning I was going to get the reflow station out and have a crack at trying to fix my Mcpx board.
Then I remembered reading a post about a guy complaining about a brand new servo being dirty out of the box.
So I remove my brand new servo to take a look and its dirtier than anything Ive seen ever.
Cleaned it up and will test fly later. Hope that fixes it but not to happy about a brand new servo being in that state.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:42 PM
rikybob

Originally Posted by ingleburn
Well looks like I know what Im doing this afternoon

If I can take a line out of a song: My eyes are dim I cannot see, all Brians videos are *********** killing me.

Seriously if it wasnt for you I think this thread would have been dead by now. Thats for keeping us all interested.

Hope your not struck down for long. Well maybe long enough for me to catch up with the videos.

On another note this morning I was going to get the reflow station out and have a crack at trying to fix my Mcpx board.
Then I remembered reading a post about a guy complaining about a brand new servo being dirty out of the box.
So I remove my brand new servo to take a look and its dirtier than anything Ive seen ever.
Cleaned it up and will test fly later. Hope that fixes it but not to happy about a brand new servo being in that state.
Thanx for busin' my ballz as usual!

It makes me laugh and feel better!!

Man, I HOPE that servo cleanin' is the fix!!

I'm going to put a meter on my tail under load and see if it is, in fact a bad FET!

Looking at this guys viddy at the moment in preparation for a club member to come up and help me do the Fu-Bar setup!

I got the devil connected as it's kind of a job getting the drivers to connect to the USB adapter....Grrrrrr!

Once I got everything settled the FU-Bar talks nicely to the setup software! WOOT!

All the best!

b

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yjd4AqSzns
Old 09-04-2013, 06:45 PM
ingleburn

Originally Posted by rikybob
Thanx for busin' my ballz as usual!

It makes me laugh and feel better!!

Man, I HOPE that servo cleanin' is the fix!!

I'm going to put a meter on my tail under load and see if it is, in fact a bad FET!

Looking at this guys viddy at the moment in preparation for a club member to come up and help me do the Fu-Bar setup!

I got the devil connected as it's kind of a job getting the drivers to connect to the USB adapter....Grrrrrr!

Once I got everything settled the FU-Bar talks nicely to the setup software! WOOT!

All the best!

b

[video=youtube;_Yjd4AqSzns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yjd4AqSzns
Went out to test fly and all seemed good till I lost the tail.
I thought for sure it was another sign that my board was gone but a closer inspection found a broken connection on the motor plug.
Re-soldered it and replaced the boom which was split and it flys like a dream again.
Comments on your night fly vid on YT but basically sometimes more is to much.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130905_100358_zpscb649e55.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	1916773  
Old 09-05-2013, 05:51 AM
rikybob

Blapity Blah, Blah......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLVQvAkSnJg&feature=youtu.be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsolehuTjdM&feature=youtu.be
Old 09-05-2013, 02:53 PM
ingleburn

Nothings more relaxing than being on the water. Good to see your mixing it up a bit Brian and giving the quad a break.

Just saw this on our local news page. Maybe you have heard a bit more as Im not sure what they meant by a toy. Had to be at least a 450.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/201...toy-helicopter
Old 09-05-2013, 03:20 PM
rikybob

Nothings more relaxing than being on the water. Good to see your mixing it up a bit Brian and giving the quad a break.

Just saw this on our local news page. Maybe you have heard a bit more as Im not sure what they meant by a toy. Had to be at least a 450.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/201...toy-helicopter
Yah, work wife just sent this to me previous to your post.......woooahhhh that's all bad and if you saw them slinging them damn things around the my club you'd try to have your head on a swivel!

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Reports-Man-killed-by-toy-helicopter/-/1637132/21796730/-/150ahiq/-/index.html

Went to "Mr. Google" and found this:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/gallery?...237714&photo=2

600 or 700......ouch!

b

Last edited by rikybob; 09-05-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:47 PM
mnemennth

Yegads..... Yeah, daddy's gotta be crushed. Looks like a 600 from the photo; guess that's what happens when you forget to stop flying & run.

*Sighs, thinking about his own little guy*

Yeah; maybe it's time to go back to the Mini-Vapor...

mnem
*Shakes head sadly*
Old 09-06-2013, 10:01 AM
rikybob

Hiya Childrenz,

Felt pretty good when I got up this morning and slipped out to the flying club prior to "work".

Forgot my mini cam so missed the exciting viddy of my having switched the rudder over to the aileron on Slow stick as I was up for the challenge of "remapping" my mind for this nuance in preparation for a plane with actual ailerons in that apparently you aren't using the rudder to turn.

All was going well for about 15 minutes and then I dove it straight into the dirt for no apparent reason!

Next I started to feel the "lurgy" again but I shook it off and flew my Q450 and it was exemplary.

Then the "sweats" broke out along with sharp pains to the lower abdomen.

This brought me back to the house where lethargy took me to a 2 hour nap for no particular reason.

Whilst I slumbered I let the "Gorilla glue" cure in my CF frame for the slow stick that had had ENOUGH of my crashing!

This is the best 60 bux USD that I have EVER spent!

Learning to fly a plank without costing me an arm and a leg! Priceless!

Consider it a gift from me to you that I left my cam at the house!

Hope all is well with you and yours!

b

PS Doctors visit is Monday @ 0930!

Last edited by rikybob; 09-06-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:30 PM
rikybob

Ok bizzzzzaaaccchhheees!

I'm relagated to home confinement and require you people, ALLLLLL you people to entertain me!!!

b
Old 09-06-2013, 05:23 PM
ingleburn

Ok bizzzzzaaaccchhheees!

I'm relagated to home confinement and require you people, ALLLLLL you people to entertain me!!!

b
Well I could take a 450 out and get an amazing video with top rate blather and a great destroying crash at the end.

But I wont. Fields are all being used and really have to do some housework today as the family is coming over.

Hope you enjoy your confinement and someone else can amuse you for the day.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:25 PM
ingleburn

Ok I feel sorry for you. Enjoy one of my favorite YT channels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWnuXKh9wrM&feature=em-uploademail
Old 09-07-2013, 02:58 AM
rikybob

Well I could take a 450 out and get an amazing video with top rate blather and a great destroying crash at the end.

But I wont. Fields are all being used and really have to do some housework today as the family is coming over.

Hope you enjoy your confinement and someone else can amuse you for the day.
Upside about the lurgy is I can catch up on TV!

HBO's "Newsroom" is absolutely amazing!

Netflix "Orange is the new black" and "House of cards" are a must see as well!

As far as entertaining, the "G-Meister" is back for a while. For those of you who don't know it's my mom in law.

Shes and awesome old southern lady who at 82 still drives and is vital.

She kicked cancer a while back and one would think it was the love and care of family and physicians but I'm pretty sure it was coffee and whole milk!

No matter what I fly outside, when I return she asks the perennial question. "Did you crash your airplane"?

It makes me smile and I'll be sad when she flies away.

For now it's nice to have her for a few weeks every few months AND she signs for packages too!

All the best and I'm on the mend!

b

PS Going to put a "meter" on my MCP X today. I bought something from an Ebay vendor and they sell "upgraded" FETs for the board which leads me to believe that they have the propensity to fail. I'll let you know!
Old 09-07-2013, 03:50 AM
rikybob

Ok I feel sorry for you. Enjoy one of my favorite YT channels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWnuXKh9wrM&feature=em-uploademail
DOH!

I ended up watching about a dozen of these "Fails"!

http://youtu.be/FI1ylg4GKv8?t=1m24s
b
Old 09-07-2013, 05:05 AM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

DOH!

I ended up watching about a dozen of these "Fails"!

b
So did I. Funny as all git out.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:13 AM
pushinoldrc

Hugh swapped me an upgraded CopterX v2.1 and I got the Gaui 425 FBL back in the air. I set it up on 'Soft 3D' as per Brian's instructions and she flies well. Built another 425 from parts that Hugh gave me, and evidently my motor wasn't tight enough on the mount. I got it up to about 15 meters and the drive gear let go. I have been practicing auto's a bit, but I couldn't get my head around the inverted descent and she hit the ground rather hard. Got the blades, tail rotor hub, landing gear and one landing gear mount broken off the frame. All in all, very repairable.

I am still waiting on the China snail to bring me the remaining pieces for my new Gaui 550 that I procured from an ebay steal.
I will get pics of this one before I destroy it.
B
Old 09-07-2013, 05:35 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by pushinoldrc
Hugh swapped me an upgraded CopterX v2.1 and I got the Gaui 425 FBL back in the air. I set it up on 'Soft 3D' as per Brian's instructions and she flies well. Built another 425 from parts that Hugh gave me, and evidently my motor wasn't tight enough on the mount. I got it up to about 15 meters and the drive gear let go. I have been practicing auto's a bit, but I couldn't get my head around the inverted descent and she hit the ground rather hard. Got the blades, tail rotor hub, landing gear and one landing gear mount broken off the frame. All in all, very repairable.

I am still waiting on the China snail to bring me the remaining pieces for my new Gaui 550 that I procured from an ebay steal.
B
Many thanx for the udate!!

Sitting tight here and healing!

My buddy Simon say's he's calling me Monday.

That makes me happy, happy, happy!

I miss the little Evil British Overlord and his accompanying oppression!

Jonesy is being kind enough to entertain me ATM with stuff about Quads and 3D printers being the topic of conversation.

Here is my FPV Guru buddies Vimeo site....... http://vimeo.com/73964535

All the best and holding down the couch!

b
Old 09-07-2013, 02:18 PM
ingleburn

Upside about the lurgy is I can catch up on TV!

b

PS Going to put a "meter" on my MCP X today. I bought something from an Ebay vendor and they sell "upgraded" FETs for the board which leads me to believe that they have the propensity to fail. I'll let you know!
Yeah when I thought my board was gone I did some searching and found this place. http://www.megasmicros.com/category_s/1825.htm Your a game man, do you know how small those FETs are.

B
Glad you still have 1 in the air. By inverted descent do you mean you were inverted when it let go.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:02 PM
rikybob

Hiya Mikewoodz!!!

b
Old 09-07-2013, 05:23 PM
rikybob

Yeah when I thought my board was gone I did some searching and found this place. http://www.megasmicros.com/category_s/1825.htm Your a game man, do you know how small those FETs are.
Went ahead and cleaned them out of the 2 they had in stock!

I have all ideas that's my problem.

Otherwise I wasted 4.37USD!

Thanx for the hook up!

b
Old 09-07-2013, 08:04 PM
ingleburn

Went ahead and cleaned them out of the 2 they had in stock!

I have all ideas that's my problem.

Otherwise I wasted 4.37USD!

Thanx for the hook up!

b
They're going to be a pain to replace using a soldering iron. A rework station would be easier but good luck anyway.
I was going to attempt a repair on mine but was ready to buy a new one if I wrecked it.

Just watched the second video from HK on the KK board. Interesting and no wonder people have trouble setting them up.
Ever thought about using this conversion on your quad. More room for a camera and looks like better for orientation as well. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=25884
Old 09-08-2013, 03:10 AM
rikybob

They're going to be a pain to replace using a soldering iron. A rework station would be easier but good luck anyway.
I was going to attempt a repair on mine but was ready to buy a new one if I wrecked it.

I'm going to do what most grown men do. I'm going to let my dad do it! He's a tech from waaaaay back!

Just watched the second video from HK on the KK board. Interesting and no wonder people have trouble setting them up.
Ever thought about using this conversion on your quad. More room for a camera and looks like better for orientation as well. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=25884

Believe it or not the KK2 boards really are EASY to set up. My two problems were from battery and being, frankly a Goof! THIS fella does the BEST job and doesn't say a word!

Yah, the dead cat is cool but really, my next step should be
HERE for an FPV platform.

Plenty of room to stretch out and NO problem with vibration due to design!
Last day home sick and will enter the real world tomorrow!

b

PS Hmmmmmm? This MAY work for me!!

PSS Pulled the trigger on the 25 USD fix. The lil board will be in the mail to him tomorrow. Thanx Ingleburn!

Last edited by rikybob; 09-08-2013 at 04:46 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:20 AM
pushinoldrc

Glad you still have 1 in the air. By inverted descent do you mean you were inverted when it let go.
Yes, I mean I was inverted at the top of a loop when the gear let go.
B
Old 09-08-2013, 05:54 AM
ingleburn

Yes, I mean I was inverted at the top of a loop when the gear let go.
B
Having never had that happen I dont know what I would have done.
Probably crashed the same as you but knowing my luck the damage would have been worse.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:14 PM
pushinoldrc

When I became cognizant of the impending problem the blades were already slowing down. I have practiced autos on the sim, but in real life it is so different, and everything happens very fast.
As she started falling inverted, I noticed I was trying to bring the helicopter back to level with the cyclic, but she was not responding due to the decreased head speed. I did at least think to hit throttle hold and push full positive pitch on the collective. This got the head speed back up to a point that she pitched over to level, but that is about when my brain shut down. I should have then pulled full down collective to continue to increase the head speed so that I could flare and land normally.

It seems so easy to think about it all now, but when something like that happens in about 2 seconds, all I can seem to do is utter...DOH!!!
B
Old 09-08-2013, 03:03 PM
ingleburn

When I became cognizant of the impending problem the blades were already slowing down. I have practiced autos on the sim, but in real life it is so different, and everything happens very fast.
As she started falling inverted, I noticed I was trying to bring the helicopter back to level with the cyclic, but she was not responding due to the decreased head speed. I did at least think to hit throttle hold and push full positive pitch on the collective. This got the head speed back up to a point that she pitched over to level, but that is about when my brain shut down. I should have then pulled full down collective to continue to increase the head speed so that I could flare and land normally.

It seems so easy to think about it all now, but when something like that happens in about 2 seconds, all I can seem to do is utter...DOH!!!
B
Hahaha I would have gone oh s*** , hit TH and then thrashed the sticks around till it smashed into the ground. At least you almost saved it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.