Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 06:44 PM
ingleburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your thoughts on this Mnen. Have they finally sorted out the faults in the APM board.

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._MAG_BARO.html
Old 07-05-2014, 01:08 AM
mnemennth

Yeah, this board is known elsewhere as the APM 2.8:

http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...ducts_id=10819

and the APM 2.7.2:

http://www.thanksbuyer.com/apm2-7-2-...airplane-29611

It looks to be laid out by the folks who put together the 45mm x 45mm APM 2.6:

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/miniapm-v...opter-fpv.html

Any of these look to be some real advancement over the 2.6; of course, as with any major revision, we'll need to see them in the field for a while before we get to see any new faults. My only concern is the greatly varying QC and actual quality of board material used by some of the folks who might be manufacturing them. The choice to go 2-layer PCB may prove to be a great improvement, however; both cheaper to produce, so may mean VERY cheap APMs for us once 3DR officially abandons the APM, plus being 2-layer makes these boards much more repairable. I've seen a few that I couldn't fix due to damage on one of the inside layers.

What I'm REALLY kindof excited about is THIS:

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/pi...ment%3A1689554

If this turns out to be NOT vaporware... it could be a big hammer on 3DR's prices.

mnem
*lighter*
Old 07-05-2014, 05:00 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by mnemennth
Yeah, this board is known elsewhere as the APM 2.8:

http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...ducts_id=10819

and the APM 2.7.2:

http://www.thanksbuyer.com/apm2-7-2-...airplane-29611

It looks to be laid out by the folks who put together the 45mm x 45mm APM 2.6:

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/miniapm-v...opter-fpv.html

Any of these look to be some real advancement over the 2.6; of course, as with any major revision, we'll need to see them in the field for a while before we get to see any new faults. My only concern is the greatly varying QC and actual quality of board material used by some of the folks who might be manufacturing them. The choice to go 2-layer PCB may prove to be a great improvement, however; both cheaper to produce, so may mean VERY cheap APMs for us once 3DR officially abandons the APM, plus being 2-layer makes these boards much more repairable. I've seen a few that I couldn't fix due to damage on one of the inside layers.

What I'm REALLY kindof excited about is THIS:

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/pi...ment%3A1689554

If this turns out to be NOT vaporware... it could be a big hammer on 3DR's prices.

mnem
*lighter*
Iiiiiiiiiinteresting.....veeeeeeery interesting....

Still on weekends off here hanging with the family.

Took the UMX Icon-A5 our this am and had to go fetch it.

Undaunted our intrepid hero got the new PopWing out and attempted to fly it and it seems light on the nose still. Bumped over to the Teksumo and oddly it is behaving tail heavy!

Visit my channel for the boring details!

All the best!

b
Old 07-07-2014, 07:40 PM
ingleburn

Wish mine would have been tail heavy

http://youtu.be/f2yxgp4P8QQ
Old 07-08-2014, 04:44 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by ingleburn

Well the sheen is off this one!

Put 'er up in the air with a good toss next time!

b
Old 07-08-2014, 06:28 AM
mnemennth

Originally Posted by rikybob

Well the sheen is off this one!

Put 'er up in the air with a good toss next time!

b
Thank Ifni for Foam-Tac and Epoxy!

mnem
Feeling totally MOOP.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:53 AM
mnemennth

Originally Posted by ahamay
Sounds like your opening your wallet for a QAV250 Thanks for the vids.
Just stumbled across this while looking for parts:

http://www.besthobbymall.com/kim250p...c-support.html

Looks like a pretty fair quality clone; plus it's like, you know, actually in stock.

mnem
*Flip*
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2_3_25.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	2012594  
Old 07-09-2014, 12:49 AM
ingleburn

It flys But not for long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBsqFNyPrcU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e60a-JCCkYg
Old 07-09-2014, 10:15 AM
mnemennth

ingleburn -

One of the issues with all flying wings discovered by my fellow club members is that due to being exposed & not having any form fitting "pocket" to put the battery in, the battery WILL wiggle around, messing with your CG, and occasionally come off IN FLIGHT, pulling the plane nosedown into the dirt. Even with velcro AND a strap.

The accepted solution was to put a WIDE strip of Velcro down, and TWO straps around the pack, located so they divide it approximately into 1/3rds. If you're flying low like in your video, it can happen so fast you don't see it.

mnem
*Working stiff*
Old 07-12-2014, 04:33 PM
ingleburn

ingleburn -

One of the issues with all flying wings discovered by my fellow club members is that due to being exposed & not having any form fitting "pocket" to put the battery in, the battery WILL wiggle around, messing with your CG, and occasionally come off IN FLIGHT, pulling the plane nosedown into the dirt. Even with velcro AND a strap.

The accepted solution was to put a WIDE strip of Velcro down, and TWO straps around the pack, located so they divide it approximately into 1/3rds. If you're flying low like in your video, it can happen so fast you don't see it.

mnem
*Working stiff*
The Tek Sumo does have a pocket in it for the battery. Mine fits pretty tight. In the last crash it was still strapped firmly into the nose. To bad the nose wasnt attached to the rest of the plane
At the end of this video is a look just for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s4ZnrGA9K8&list=UU4WToio63gExWGunxwcTiPQ
Old 07-13-2014, 12:44 AM
mnemennth

The Tek Sumo does have a pocket in it for the battery. Mine fits pretty tight. In the last crash it was still strapped firmly into the nose. To bad the nose wasnt attached to the rest of the plane
At the end of this video is a look just for you.
Ahhh... I see. You do have the wide Velcro. Well then, I guess you were just having one of those days where the wind feels like tormenting you. I've felt the invisible hand myself more than a few times, even though it's true most of my mishaps are entirely of my own crafting.

Now that you've got some patches on it, you should be good for years to come... it's only when they're shiny-bright that they attract the attention of the Wind-Gods.

mnem
"SPOON!"
Old 07-14-2014, 03:59 AM
ingleburn

Come on Brian. About time you took some of the load off me. I hate doing videos.
In other news got my first FPV flight in today. Very different and very cool.

http://youtu.be/rCKVWT-u58E
Old 07-14-2014, 10:03 AM
rikybob

Hi kidz!

I have been outta commission for the last week with a health issue but in the mean time a little elf has been busy spreading cheer!

Special thanx to Mnem (Paul) for hooking a brother up!

Below is a project boat (eventually will be used as a rescue boat) and all the parts and pieces to make it so (Anylink, motor esc etc)

Additionally some Blade MCPX bling too!

Many, many thanx for your generosity Paul!!!

Re: Health issues I'll know more after the MRI this Wednesday!

All the best!

b

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140714_081808_865.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	2014102   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140714_081803_385.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	2014103   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140714_081758_311.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	2014104  
Old 07-14-2014, 08:22 PM
mnemennth

b -

Glad you liked the goody box! As I mentioned on the phone; I've been meaning to send you these things. I guess finding the boat and thinking of you was enough to make the "critical mass" required for me to overcome my own personal inertia and get off my fat patookie and get 'em out tooya!

Here's hoping the MRI results are in your favor!

mnem
*Working Stiff*
Old 07-19-2014, 05:43 AM
rikybob

Had a fun time with Mnem's care package!

See below!

b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpC7LlE5K3I&feature=youtu.be
Old 07-21-2014, 07:44 PM
mnemennth

So...

After over a year of wanting, and proselytizing, and saving for a Taranis... I finally bought one. That's right; mere weeks after buying a 9XR Pro. I hadn't managed to tell my wife until this morning; so I didn't dare say anything lest the horrors of all sitcom television be visited upon me. But I've fessed up, and now I can rejoice! It should be here Thursday. *wibble*

It all started innocently enough... After fiddling around with my new 9XR Pro for a while, I noticed that the backlight was very dim compared to my 9XR. I mean REALLY dim. For all the ergonomic and cosmetic design evil visited upon me by the original 9XR, the one thing that kept me coming back to it over my much more extensively modded 9X was the display. The 9XR display is a joy to behold; deep, luscious blue, incredibly crisp, laser sharp contrast, black blacks and enough brightness that even bright sunny daylight doesn't wash it out. The 9XR Pro display was... bluish grey. Dull. Not even as nice as my 9X.

After discovering that this was NOT merely a matter of the screen brightness turned down by default (see my blog here) and that I had all the money from selling my 9X in my PayPal, I got mad; my brand new 9XR Pro... and the ONE thing I loved about the old 9XR they screwed up. In a fit of pique decided to sell the Pro; and since I wasn't going to have to replace the FRSky module I sold with my 9X, that money could go towards the Taranis. Perfectly logical I told myself; $40 out of the SPEND column and into the SAVE column was an $80 change in net worth; with the money already in my PayPal, the Taranis almost paid for itself!

Well... those of you who clicked on my blog link above already know... I figured out what was wrong with my 9XR Pro, and truthfully, I am back to loving it again. But... I'm still not giving up the Taranis. Once it gets here, you'll probably have to pry it from my cold dead fingers to get it away from me.

So... we are right now buried in bills, with the Texas heat water and electricity are through the roof. I figure when I tell her she's going to peel me like a grape (and honestly, she had every right to); she listens quietly as I explain over breakfast, then puts her spoon in the bowl, leans across the table, and kisses me on my big fat nose.

"Happy Birthday sweetie." She tells me with a grin.

I am the luckiest man alive.

mnem
"Now, honey, would you PLEASE take out the trash?"
Old 07-22-2014, 03:29 AM
rikybob

So...

After over a year of wanting, and proselytizing, and saving for a Taranis... I finally bought one. That's right; mere weeks after buying a 9XR Pro. I hadn't managed to tell my wife until this morning; so I didn't dare say anything lest the horrors of all sitcom television be visited upon me. But I've fessed up, and now I can rejoice! It should be here Thursday. *wibble*

It all started innocently enough... After fiddling around with my new 9XR Pro for a while, I noticed that the backlight was very dim compared to my 9XR. I mean REALLY dim. For all the ergonomic and cosmetic design evil visited upon me by the original 9XR, the one thing that kept me coming back to it over my much more extensively modded 9X was the display. The 9XR display is a joy to behold; deep, luscious blue, incredibly crisp, laser sharp contrast, black blacks and enough brightness that even bright sunny daylight doesn't wash it out. The 9XR Pro display was... bluish grey. Dull. Not even as nice as my 9X.

After discovering that this was NOT merely a matter of the screen brightness turned down by default (see my blog here) and that I had all the money from selling my 9X in my PayPal, I got mad; my brand new 9XR Pro... and the ONE thing I loved about the old 9XR they screwed up. In a fit of pique decided to sell the Pro; and since I wasn't going to have to replace the FRSky module I sold with my 9X, that money could go towards the Taranis. Perfectly logical I told myself; $40 out of the SPEND column and into the SAVE column was an $80 change in net worth; with the money already in my PayPal, the Taranis almost paid for itself!

Well... those of you who clicked on my blog link above already know... I figured out what was wrong with my 9XR Pro, and truthfully, I am back to loving it again. But... I'm still not giving up the Taranis. Once it gets here, you'll probably have to pry it from my cold dead fingers to get it away from me.

So... we are right now buried in bills, with the Texas heat water and electricity are through the roof. I figure when I tell her she's going to peel me like a grape (and honestly, she had every right to); she listens quietly as I explain over breakfast, then puts her spoon in the bowl, leans across the table, and kisses me on my big fat nose.

"Happy Birthday sweetie." She tells me with a grin.

I am the luckiest man alive.

mnem
"Now, honey, would you PLEASE take out the trash?"
mnem,

Many congrats on your purchase and one more thing you can tell momma is that it literally could be one of the last radio's you need to buy!

As for the PM in re: to the mod on the Fire Boat I'll see if I can't show you today!

It was a "quick and dirty" but really turned out nice!

I've been out of work for a few weeks dealing with a health issue but think I'm well enough to return today after I meet with the doc!

One other thing I'm working on is my Teksumo. I Think I may have killed a D4R-II Rx as I am not getting proper signal to the right servo either that or something changed in the last rev. of the firmware.

I'm going to swap out a good un and see what happens.

All the best!

b
Old 07-22-2014, 07:25 PM
mnemennth

"...and I hollered out, 'Don't look Ethel!' but it was too late; she'd already been in-censed..."

mnem
We now return you to your regularly scheduled insanity.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:38 AM
rikybob

"...and I hollered out, 'Don't look Ethel!' but it was too late; she'd already been in-censed..."

mnem
For a second there I thought Simon was back!

b

(Yah, I'm going to hell for that)
Old 07-23-2014, 11:21 AM
mnemennth

Originally Posted by rikybob

mnem
For a second there I thought Simon was back!

b

(Yah, I'm going to hell for that)
And I'll be right there beside ya, buddy! Saved a spot on my cooler for you; we can ride it down together!

mnem
No sense in going empty-handed; 'twould be uncivilized.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:57 PM
ingleburn

Please people, try and keep OT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZwTatrh2PQ
Old 07-25-2014, 11:24 PM
Edmund2

Hi guys. having a me day today so I have 5 charged packs for indoors flying being very windy and cold outside. Now nothing as bad as what some others would call cold but 5 celcius is about what we now have at 9h00 on this Saturday morning. Been extremely busy at work and bushed when I get back home in the evenings. Did a bit of hunting the meat is excellent fare. going on holiday in two weeks and the time cannot go fast enough. Just need to not having to look at a computer screen for a couple of weeks and having to tell the same people the same things all the time will be fantastic. Being diabetic my current mood is as in low sugar mode so people tend to stay clear of my office to prevent possible bodily harm. Luckily Brian is to far away to assist them should I indeed happen to go after someone.

Enjoy your flying/sailing and repair jobs. My 550E is flying again.

Edmund
Old 07-26-2014, 03:26 AM
rikybob

[QUOTE=ingleburn;11848096]Please people, try and keep OT

Nice flying. Put some Labelle on that thing though and thanx for the shout out!!

b
Old 07-26-2014, 03:27 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by Edmund2
Hi guys. having a me day today so I have 5 charged packs for indoors flying being very windy and cold outside. Now nothing as bad as what some others would call cold but 5 celcius is about what we now have at 9h00 on this Saturday morning. Been extremely busy at work and bushed when I get back home in the evenings. Did a bit of hunting the meat is excellent fare. going on holiday in two weeks and the time cannot go fast enough. Just need to not having to look at a computer screen for a couple of weeks and having to tell the same people the same things all the time will be fantastic. Being diabetic my current mood is as in low sugar mode so people tend to stay clear of my office to prevent possible bodily harm. Luckily Brian is to far away to assist them should I indeed happen to go after someone.

Enjoy your flying/sailing and repair jobs. My 550E is flying again.

Edmund

Great to hear from you Edmund!

Tought it out re: retirement!

I have 3 years 11 months 23 days or "Three bad days in a row"!

Glad you got the 550E up and running!

b
Old 07-27-2014, 10:48 PM
Flying Fiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hiya Brian and All,

Just thought I'd drop in and say hello.

Sorry to hear your health not good at the moment Brian, and trust nothing too dire! Get better soon old friend.

Also Ingleburn, I hope your son is back to 100% now following his kidney drama's.

I've been very busy lately and no real time to jump on here and chat. I spent a few weeks last month in Boston for work and had a great time enjoying the fine food and sunny weather, a pleasant change from the winter down in Oz. But it was all work during the week and little time on the weekends.

Still slowly building the Eflite Beast 60e (it is an involved build), and I'm going to put my first gyro in a plane in it. It's recommended for this plane so I grabbed a Spektrum AR636 thingy which you program with your smart phone, very "today technology" and works a treat apparently. It's a combo of a receiver and gyro like the AS3X technology you get in the small micros but better. I'm also going to put a Demon Cortex plane gyro in a new 76" plane - should be good, its German technology and gets rave reviews from everyone, but not cheap - had to sell a plane to fund it.

I'm slowly moving into a MUCH smaller number of high quality planes that are 60 to 80 inches wingspan. I'm funding these buy selling lots and lots of my smaller stuff that helped me get to where I am. I think I may have sold in the vacinity of 15 planes over the last 6 months and that sure helps keep the hobby budget under control. These bigger ones are so much more stable, and much more precise and so much easier to see the whole time and just so much more engaging, but they do come with a higher pucker factor, thats for sure, when you have a dumb thumb moment you nearly crap yourself during the recovery stage, luckily to date no crashes on these big'ens.

Any how, have fun doing whatever you are all doing in RC land,

Best

Phil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.