Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 09:01 PM
mnemennth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ingleburn
Thanks for the specs. For $10 each worth a try and if they dont cope then no great loss. Ill get the Sunnyskys. Decided to try a cheap build first in case I lose interest.
That being said my cart from HK still totaled nearly $250
My frame arrived yesterday and its a good one. The Nanotechs will be a squeeze to get inside the frame but will fit.
Got the goggles weeks ago and compared to the Fatshark goggles there not that good. Might have to try another lens in it in case I put the dud one in.

Its going to have a twin as Brian has ordered almost the same stuff. Might have the jump on him as he used Swiss post and I sprung for express.
Im sure he did it on purpose so he can let me be the pioneer. It will be interesting to see how they go seeing mine will have the Naze32 and his the KK

I'm going to be the odd man out I guess; I'm still short ESCs and an RX for my build unless I use my V5DM and build up those tiny jumper wires. Uggh. But my DJT is here, so at least I CAN as soon as I pull together the scratch for the rest of the build. I'm pretty much tapped out on my Aloft and several hackery-related parts orders.

Did you really imagine the $30 headsets would be? No. But... are they at least passable? Are they good enough to fly through, or really just good for handing to spectators? I know I have a 5" monitor that's 800x480; it's actually pretty good even right up in my face. I know putting a fresnel lens in front of that is gonna make it worse, but OTOH it only cost $24 with shipping from this guy on eBay.

And I know your pain my friend; it really sucks the way HK has clamped down on Buddy Code abuse. About the only thing they're really good for anymore is when you're looking for cheap batteries for a new bird. At least they should let you use 3 DIFFERENT codes per order up to 3 items...

So you got one of the C250; gonna hold off on the QAV250 until you decide if you like the teeny-weenies? Good. It's best to do your experimentin' on the cheapies.

Cheers!

mnem
"...and it went ZING! when it started and POP! when it stopped, and WHIRR! when it stood still; I never knew just what it was, and I guess I never will."

Last edited by mnemennth; 08-08-2014 at 09:03 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:31 AM
ingleburn

Originally Posted by mnemennth
I'm going to be the odd man out I guess; I'm still short ESCs and an RX for my build unless I use my V5DM and build up those tiny jumper wires. Uggh. But my DJT is here, so at least I CAN as soon as I pull together the scratch for the rest of the build. I'm pretty much tapped out on my Aloft and several hackery-related parts orders.

Did you really imagine the $30 headsets would be? No. But... are they at least passable? Are they good enough to fly through, or really just good for handing to spectators? I know I have a 5" monitor that's 800x480; it's actually pretty good even right up in my face. I know putting a fresnel lens in front of that is gonna make it worse, but OTOH it only cost $24 with shipping from this guy on eBay.

And I know your pain my friend; it really sucks the way HK has clamped down on Buddy Code abuse. About the only thing they're really good for anymore is when you're looking for cheap batteries for a new bird. At least they should let you use 3 DIFFERENT codes per order up to 3 items...

So you got one of the C250; gonna hold off on the QAV250 until you decide if you like the teeny-weenies? Good. It's best to do your experimentin' on the cheapies.

Cheers!

mnem
"...and it went ZING! when it started and POP! when it stopped, and WHIRR! when it stood still; I never knew just what it was, and I guess I never will."
The $30 one is ok, dont get me wrong but I like the sharks. Let a guy try out both today and he didnt mind the cheapies.Going to try the other lens that came with it and see the difference.
My order shipped this morning so should be here by wednesday maybe.
Flew about 5 FPV flights today and it really is fun. The heli got a run and so did the Tek Sumo. Well there went that day. A quick fly turned into a 5 hour session and ready to do it all again tomorrow.
Sunday is fun day so I expect more talking than flying and a bit of carnage in between.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:54 AM
mnemennth

The $30 one is ok, dont get me wrong but I like the sharks. Let a guy try out both today and he didnt mind the cheapies.Going to try the other lens that came with it and see the difference.
My order shipped this morning so should be here by wednesday maybe.
Flew about 5 FPV flights today and it really is fun. The heli got a run and so did the Tek Sumo. Well there went that day. A quick fly turned into a 5 hour session and ready to do it all again tomorrow.
Sunday is fun day so I expect more talking than flying and a bit of carnage in between.
Good! I've been puttering about with my 9XR Pro; my DIP switches came in yesterday so now I can get on the Bluetooth Mod. Also working on a couple other mods as well.

Just so long as you put the TX in yer trunk BEFORE you start ratchet-jawin' and suckin' brewskies, its all good.

mnem
Never drink and weld. The world really doesn't need ANOTHER hemi-powered washing machine Monster Trike...
Old 08-09-2014, 10:05 AM
rikybob

Thanks for the specs. For $10 each worth a try and if they dont cope then no great loss. Ill get the Sunnyskys. Decided to try a cheap build first in case I lose interest.
That being said my cart from HK still totaled nearly $250
My frame arrived yesterday and its a good one. The Nanotechs will be a squeeze to get inside the frame but will fit.
Got the goggles weeks ago and compared to the Fatshark goggles there not that good. Might have to try another lens in it in case I put the dud one in.

Its going to have a twin as Brian has ordered almost the same stuff. Might have the jump on him as he used Swiss post and I sprung for express.
Im sure he did it on purpose so he can let me be the pioneer. It will be interesting to see how they go seeing mine will have the Naze32 and his the KK

Uh, I'm RIGHT here ya know?

Yah, they only offered two measure of posting and the other one was a couple bux more but NO guarantee of any quicker delivery.

Noel, you sir are a basterd!

b

"Money flyin' out me pockets!"

PS Freakin' forum doesn't alert me to activity!

Last edited by rikybob; 08-09-2014 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Forking crappy forum server crap!
Old 08-09-2014, 10:46 AM
rikybob

mnem,

I owed you a piccy of the guts of the Fireboat and it just dawned on me!

I did all the mods in the interest of time and they follow"

The brushed motor was in a plastic housing that I cannibalized and I slide in the BEAST!

I used the ESC providied and set it in the tray above.

I modded the rudder with a HK500 servo and it works a treat!

Additionally, a Spektrum Rx laying about found it's way to use!

A number of things are left to do:

I need to seal the deck holes and the gunnel.

Since the prime use will be rescue and not speed I'll put the battery ON top and I'll adjust the throttle curve DOWN so as to NO fling off the drive shaft!

Lastly I'll take the brushed ESC provided and put the fire pump to work on a switched channel!

All the best and thanx again!

b

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140809_142510_973.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	2021192   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140809_142502_787.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	2021193  
Old 08-09-2014, 12:45 PM
ingleburn

Originally Posted by rikybob
Uh, I'm RIGHT here ya know?

Yah, they only offered two measure of posting and the other one was a couple bux more but NO guarantee of any quicker delivery.

Noel, you sir are a basterd!

b

"Money flyin' out me pockets!"

PS Freakin' forum doesn't alert me to activity!
yeah the funny thing was that I had 5 methods of postage til I put the lipos in. Then it was chopped to one.
Even funnier was that once the lipos went in the postage was $6 cheaper

Oh and Brian, I take my time with builds and dont just throw it together so you should still get yours in the air first.
And almost being a pensioner gives you more time to build as well
Old 08-10-2014, 08:51 AM
mnemennth

*Ducks flying boots emanating from the Florida quadrant*

HEY! Watch out for the non-combatants, ya goofballs!

b - the Fireboat looks great; a prime example of "empirical engineering"! Can't wait to see it hosing down the neighborhood!

http://youtu.be/0h0M0ZmubGE
Here's what I've been working on lately!

I've been trying to catch up on the C250 thread; they brought my attention to this:

WiteSpy "Advanced" motor - $19

Also, when I went looking at BG, I stumbled across this, which might be nice for those of us doing an ultra-light build like me:

BangGood - SimonK 10A ESC&RCX 1804 2400KV Motor Gemfan 5030 Propeller For QAV250

Dang!

Wish they had this deal when I was flogging the ZMR235 frames...

mnem
FarFigNewton.

Name:	7-21-2014_1-29-35_am.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	2021346  
Old 08-10-2014, 01:15 PM
rikybob

*Ducks flying boots emanating from the Florida quadrant*

HEY! Watch out for the non-combatants, ya goofballs!

b - the Fireboat looks great; a prime example of "empirical engineering"! Can't wait to see it hosing down the neighborhood!

http://youtu.be/0h0M0ZmubGE
Here's what I've been working on lately!

I've been trying to catch up on the C250 thread; they brought my attention to this:

WiteSpy "Advanced" motor - $19

Also, when I went looking at BG, I stumbled across this, which might be nice for those of us doing an ultra-light build like me:

BangGood - SimonK 10A ESC&RCX 1804 2400KV Motor Gemfan 5030 Propeller For QAV250

Dang!

Wish they had this deal when I was flogging the ZMR235 frames...

mnem
FarFigNewton.
Well, it's NO Taranis (I kid because I love) but great mods!

I should be pretty good on p1ssing my wifey off as I have ALL things needed to get my "QAV450" up and running in route to my home!

We shall see!

I even sprung for THIS just for fun!

All the best!

b
Old 08-10-2014, 03:47 PM
ingleburn

Starting to think that the motors I chose will be ok. If they can hump a mobius, FPV gear, GPS, OSD and a 2200 battery then my setup will be ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzzI5qGdetY&feature=em-uploademail Nice mods Mnen but it dont count for *hit without Amber
Old 08-10-2014, 04:01 PM
rikybob

Starting to think that the motors I chose will be ok. If they can hump a mobius, FPV gear, GPS, OSD and a 2200 battery then my setup will be ok.

Nice mods Mnen but it dont count for *hit without Amber
<sigh> Aaaamber.

b
Old 08-11-2014, 02:32 PM
mnemennth

Nice mods Mnen but it dont count for *hit without Amber
<sigh> Aaaamber.

b
That's okay boys... I've got Irene Adler sighing on my TX and telling me what to do. I don't need your little teenage grrl voice.

http://youtu.be/XNuLc2TIdbA
I agree, Noel -

Looks like we may have a bit of a mixup now in the ranking; I'm thinking the Airbot Micro Titans (Paul's "Advanced Motor) as top of the normal range, with the SunnySky 2204s for severe heavy-lifting and 4S applications, and the DYS 1806es as the cheapest way to get into the flat CF props and the Top-Value bang-for the buck motor, taking that title away from my beloved RCX/ZMR 1804s. 2 years ago when I first started messing with micro-quads, folks were rewinding CD spindle motors to get the weight and voltage we need; when the ZMRs came along they were a godsend. Such is the march of progress...

mnem
Heh. She checked my switches.

Name:	Irene Adler.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	2021673  
Old 08-11-2014, 11:04 PM
mnemennth

My Silver G10 C250 from eBay Vendor TopRC arrived today; 6 days after I ordered it via ePacket, just as promised! RXCELLENT!

Overall, fit and quality of parts is excellent; CNC cut and drilling uniformity of arms and lower plates is dead-on, all parts very flat. Flipping plates and arms reveals good bilateral uniformity as well.

Finish of all parts is excellent; excellent gloss, matting is laid smoothly, edges are cut cleanly, a few stray hairs at drilled holes but otherwise no flaws in finish or manufacture of parts. Very nice!

In fact, the only real flaw I could find anywhere in any of the kit was this single arm; its finish has the telltale voids of borderline wetting of the matting, which results in this slightly rough finish and the one surface blemish I found in the entire kit as seen here.
I think I got lucky, guys!

Specs:

Weight of entire kit less packaging: 166.99gr / 162.98gr W/O Feet

Arms: 3.45-3.55 mm thick
Plates: 1.45-1.55 mm thick.

mnem
Think small.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:49 AM
Jolly-Swagman

Hey Guys I,m Back ,,, Finally found My Login details and Password yeah !!!
Old 08-13-2014, 03:41 PM
mnemennth

Welcome back!

Who the hell are you?

mnem
*Resident Wag-dwagon*
Old 08-13-2014, 04:21 PM
rikybob

Originally Posted by Jolly-Swagman
Hey Guys I,m Back ,,, Finally found My Login details and Password yeah !!!

Glad to have you back Wonny Rc!!!

The thread has, uh "evolved".

b
Old 08-13-2014, 04:22 PM
rikybob

My Silver G10 C250 from eBay Vendor TopRC arrived today; 6 days after I ordered it via ePacket, just as promised! RXCELLENT!

Overall, fit and quality of parts is excellent; CNC cut and drilling uniformity of arms and lower plates is dead-on, all parts very flat. Flipping plates and arms reveals good bilateral uniformity as well.

Finish of all parts is excellent; excellent gloss, matting is laid smoothly, edges are cut cleanly, a few stray hairs at drilled holes but otherwise no flaws in finish or manufacture of parts. Very nice!

In fact, the only real flaw I could find anywhere in any of the kit was this single arm; its finish has the telltale voids of borderline wetting of the matting, which results in this slightly rough finish and the one surface blemish I found in the entire kit as seen here.
I think I got lucky, guys!

Specs:

Weight of entire kit less packaging: 166.99gr / 162.98gr W/O Feet

Arms: 3.45-3.55 mm thick
Plates: 1.45-1.55 mm thick.

mnem
Think small.
Yah mine is perfect too!

I don't mind tellin' ya that I'm a weee bit jealous of your posh git color!

b
Old 08-13-2014, 06:20 PM
mnemennth

Yah mine is perfect too!

I don't mind tellin' ya that I'm a weee bit jealous of your posh git color!

b

Yeah... it really is a nice match to my HDX450.

You know where to get one; just put the black one together with no electronics and hang it from a fishing line in the corner of the living room... when your wife asks about it, tell her it's a CNC model of "Serenity".

How much does yours weight? Got a scale that's any kind of accurate within a few grams?

And uhhhh.... who's yer OTHER Ozzie friend? Seems we're getting a bit crowded in here...

*Opens up a Vegemite Sandwich Stand in the corner*

mnem
*Browncoat-Dwagon*

Name:	DSC00030.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	2022242  
Old 08-13-2014, 09:04 PM
ingleburn

Random post but needed to send a pic to Mnem. Anyone else is free to guess what component I just lost off my brand new esc. Maybe bullets arent such a bad idea after all.

Welcome back Jolly Swagman. Looking forward to seeing some videos of those quads you have.

Name:	afro board.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	2022274  
Old 08-13-2014, 10:41 PM
mnemennth

Random post but needed to send a pic to Mnem. Anyone else is free to guess what component I just lost off my brand new esc. Maybe bullets arent such a bad idea after all.

Welcome back Jolly Swagman. Looking forward to seeing some videos of those quads you have.

It appears to be a diode in the BEMF sense circuit (that bridge of capacitor, diode and transistor x3 is pretty recognizable); I really don't know what type of diode off the top of my head. Probably a fast switching diode; maybe a Schottky. I'm researching it now... see D2, D3, D4 below.

Okay; a couple ESC designs I've found here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...TA&usp=sharing

show a 1N4148 in that part of the circuit. That would be my best guess; though the 1N4148 is an axial lead diode in a glass package so this is probably a plastic package SMT variant. I see both packages being sold on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...8+SMD&_sacat=0

Looking at the toasted RCTIMER 30A ESC off my big quad, I see 3 glass-package unmarked diodes in that location, so confidence is high.

I think we have a winner, D!

Look for a 1N4148 and pop it in there, buddy. You might have one on a dead ESC floating around! Make sure you verify anode/cathode against the other two channels; don't wanna put it in backwards! And check it with a meter to make sure it's not shorted out, too, just to be on the safe side; especially if you harvest it from a dead ESC.

mnem
*Random good deed for the day*

Name:	Mystery-nFET.jpg
Views:	1801
Size:	460.6 KB
ID:	2022282  

Last edited by mnemennth; 08-13-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:58 PM
ingleburn

45 to pick from Did you get my PM This one had an 8 on it

http://au.element14.com/jsp/search/b...atchallpartial
Old 08-14-2014, 12:57 AM
ingleburn

Ok I had a look and the only one I could find that had something that looked the same was an afro 30 amp.
Its brand new but I dont mind sacrificing it for the good of the project. Think they will be ok.

Name:	afro 30.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	2022288  
Old 08-14-2014, 08:30 AM
mnemennth

45 to pick from Did you get my PM This one had an 8 on it

http://au.element14.com/jsp/search/b...atchallpartial
Ok I had a look and the only one I could find that had something that looked the same was an afro 30 amp.
Its brand new but I dont mind sacrificing it for the good of the project. Think they will be ok.

Noel -

Yeah, I got your PM; that's one of the reasons I'm pretty sure it's a 1N4148. It's POSSIBLE they may have tried substituting a 1N4008; honestly, the only diodes I've ever seen with only 1 digit on them were 1N4000 series common rectifier diodes, with the digit indicating which of 1N4001 thru 1N4008 part # it actually is. However; I don't think the rise time on those will be fast enough for a triggering circuit, and I see no reason to use a 1000V rated diode (1N4008) for a circuit that will never see more than 50V.

You can use a 1n4148 in a glass package like this : ; electronically they're identical.
That's why I added that eBay search in my post above; maybe you missed it: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...8+SMD&_sacat=0

If you have a Radio Crunk over there, they have 1N4148 diodes in axial lead glass package (which you SHOULD be able to make fit) in a 10-pack for $1.99US Catalog # 276-1122 or a 50-pack for $3.49US Catalog # 276-1620 They refer to them as 1N914/1N4148, but that's because the 1N4148 supersedes the 1N914 as a newer part no; nobody makes a 1N914 anymore because the 1N4148 is identical except it has 5x lower leakage current (5uA vs 25uA).

If you can't make the axial lead 1N4148 diode fit on your 12A, you can do like you said and rob one off the 30A; I can see from your pic that there's a nice big trace by the diode in the circuit on the red motor wire. Scrape the enamel off that to make a new solder pad and you'll have plenty of room to put one of those axial-lead 1N4148s.

Good luck buddy!

mnem
*Electronically superior*

Name:	universal-diodes-smd-1n4148-sod80.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	2022370   Click image for larger version

Name:	afro 30 Fix.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	328.9 KB
ID:	2022379  

Last edited by mnemennth; 08-14-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:47 AM
mnemennth

Motor/ESC heads-up:

http://www.myrcmart.com/rcx-18062-23...me-p-7951.html

http://www.myrcmart.com/rcx-10a-esc-...re-p-6074.html

Good flying, bizzatches!

mnem
*Committing shameless acts of hackery even as we speak*
Attached Images   
Old 08-14-2014, 06:58 PM
rikybob

And uhhhh.... who's yer OTHER Ozzie friend? Seems we're getting a bit crowded in here...

mnem
*Browncoat-Dwagon*
Hehe.Ya, not much room in the ole place anymore is there?

Jolly-Swagman is an RC enthusiast like ourselves from years back like Simon, Phil, Rob, Jeff nail and the like.

Flys posh quads (name brand FC's) and the like these days.

I keep up with him from Youtube and such!

All the best!

b
Old 08-15-2014, 06:55 AM
mnemennth

Hehe.Ya, not much room in the ole place anymore is there?

Jolly-Swagman is an RC enthusiast like ourselves from years back like Simon, Phil, Rob, Jeff nail and the like.

Flys posh quads (name brand FC's) and the like these days.

I keep up with him from Youtube and such!

All the best!

b
Well, not so much crowded as noting the fact that it appears the thread is being slowly overrun by ozzies.

Not that I mind... as long as they leave the 'roos at home. They crap all over the place and like to kick me in the head while I'm sleeping.

That reminds me... Jonesy - you still alive?

mnem
Dere's no place like 'ome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.