Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Dx7 setup for the T-Rex Se V2

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Dx7 setup for the T-Rex Se V2

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 09:50 AM
Byron Davies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dx7 setup for the T-Rex Se V2

Moving from a Blade CX2 to a T-Rex SE V2 with the DX-7. If any Dx7 users out there has the time, can you tell me how your DX7 is programmed for your T-Rex? I am lost!
Old 03-29-2007, 11:55 AM
cflight

Default RE: Dx7 setup for the T-Rex Se V2

O'boy where to start?
First you need your servos moving in the right dirrection. Set swash mix for 120 degrees. If all three or two of three are moving in the wrong dirrection, change the swash values to -60.If one is not moving the right way go into reversing menu and reverse that servo.
My settings are:
normal mode:
pitch curve 40%,50%,75%,100% this gives you a little negative for windy conditions
throttle cuve 0,65,80,90,100 this keeps your motor in the power band
stunt 1 :
pitch curve 0,25,50,75,100
throttle curve 100,90,80,90,100
Any thing after half stick is a smoth switch.
I run gear to gyro with settings in gyro sense menu at 0=72 and 1=30 for the GY401 and 9650 servo with a subtrim of 45 right for rudder to set the tail still in rate mode
Old 03-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Gamemaker

just ordered the T-Rex SE v2 will be here in a week or 2 and also will be using a New DX7 any help would be great.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:36 AM
Byron Davies

Great info, thank you. I have the swash mix set O.K. and the proper servos reversed. My gyro is set at 68/25. The pitch and throttle curves were making my head explode though. Do you use the other settings on the DX7 menu such as: Travel adjust, auto D/R exp., D/R & EXP., revo mix, etc. I also played around with the heli while the speed control was in the default setting. (I am using the Align BL35G) I was getting about 15 to 20 minutes run time. When I programmed the speed control per the instructions I am know lucky to get 6 to 8 minutes out of a pack and have problems with the speed control causing the motor to surge up/down in rpms. Could the speed control be overheating? I am only trying to hover the thing so far, but trying to get a stable hover is a task in itself.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:53 AM
cflight

You'll use travel adjust to eliminate swash inter action. See Finless's Tech room at HeliFreak.com.

Auto dual rate/expo sets your D/R setting to be active per flight mode you choose to use it in.

D/R / expo , I've set aileron and elevator to have a setting of +30 expo when the toggles are in position 1 and none in position 0. If you toggle the switch for each while in the corisponding menu it enables you to program that positions setting. The D/r in this menu controls the overall throw like a linear travel adjust.

Revo mix is a setting in relation to flying in rate mode. The settings allow you to add right or left rudder input in relation to throttle stick movement. So, say you have a stable hover with no yaw left or right in rate mode, but when you raise the throttle and pitch the heli yaws, you can conter act this by programing a% increase left or right in relation to up and down stick movement. Please note that this is programed to either normal or stunt modes and not activated by switching to rate mode.
Most folks fly in HH alone and have no need to set up revo.

Normal flight times are 6-10 minutes, decreasing if your flying harder. You only want to take out 80% of the total mah of your pack at most, and it is recomended to break your packs in by gradually increasing flight times from say 5 minutes to start. You also want to maintain a lowest cell voltage of 3.2. I've heard it can go as low as 2.5 "safely", but 3.2V is optimal for pack longevity. Keep in mind these packs discharge unevenly. So relying on a low voltage warning of acumulative 9.6V means one cell is definatly below 3.2.

I wonder if the surging you speak of is low voltage warning from the Esc or governor mode.
You want to disable governor mode in an Align Esc. I use mid voltage protection to avoid earlycut out. Keep in mind you want to time your flights and stop before the Esc detects low voltage.

If an Esc overheats it disables the Bec, giving you trouble controling servos. We are talking like 140 degrees.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Byron Davies

Thank you for the info. I will have watch the video on Heli Freak to get a better understanding of the Dx7 before I destroy the T-Rex.