Community
Search
Notices
Tactic & AnyLink Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about AnyLink and Tactic systems here and get answers direct from their team.

Stiffer Stick Centering Springs TTX 650

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 06:04 AM
Tepid Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stiffer Stick Centering Springs TTX 650

I ordered some "stronger" centering springs from Radio South. Are these something I can install myself? Any tips, tricks, suggestions if I try?

Thank you.

TP
AMA 59376
Old 05-14-2015, 05:51 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We have deleted the discussion here because this is not an open forum per RCU rules. ONLY Tactic support people are permitted to answer peoples' questions. Discussions must take place in the Radios forum, and not the manufacturers' support forums.

Regarding the stick springs, we don't have a recommendation for using anything other than the stock springs. Stronger/stiffer springs are not available as Tactic parts, and the gimbal assemblies have not been tested with stronger-than-stock springs.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:22 AM
Tepid Pilot

Originally Posted by Bax
Regarding the stick springs, we don't have a recommendation for using anything other than the stock springs. Stronger/stiffer springs are not available as Tactic parts, and the gimbal assemblies have not been tested with stronger-than-stock springs.
Thank you. Meantime, I removed the original elevator spring, which I would be delighted to put back if I could figure out how to relocate the lower spring holder, which slipped out of place when I took the spring off. It's so difficult to put the spring holder back that I honestly don't understand how it came off. Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

TP
AMA 59376
Old 05-14-2015, 06:33 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Short of a full disassembly, we don't have anything to add.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:21 AM
Tepid Pilot

The "full disassembly" remark did the trick in that it caused me to remove the gimbal from the tx shell. Once that got done it was pretty easy to replace the lower spring holder and the original equipment spring. Everything is back to hunk-dory and all thoughts of increasing the stick tension have been set aside.

I must add that I am extremely happy with the TTX 650 and the TR 624 receivers which, to me, represent some of the best values in the industry, especially since they are backed by Hobbico. Name brand full range receivers @ 2/$30 - nobody even ties that! I've got a hangar full of 'em.

Again, many thanks.

TP
AMA 59376