Tail Boom Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 09:26 AM
// Dual //

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail Boom Vibration

Hello.

I have problem with my Raptor30v2, TT39 engine and TT8000 ThunderTiger Gyro

I add slowly throttle for take off, but main rotor RPM small for takeoff - Tail boom have big vibrate from left to right (about 5 santimeters). 2-3 per second. Whats problem? In hover and flight - NO ANY vibration.

Thanks. Sorry for bad english

Sergey.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:17 AM
Darksider

Default RE: Tail Boom Vibration

this is normal sergey, it's just all the rotating parts like the spindle and the blades, settling into position under centrifugal force, as long as it goes away once your into hover rpm it's not a problem, also flying from concrete can make this problem worse, if you can try to find a grass patch to take off from, it will help alot

Gareth
Old 04-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Prophex

if it does continue to be a problem, then try lowering your gain on your gyro. that should work

(not te myself: woooow, I'm using heli-terms and I'm actually hellping somebody with some good info .. )
Old 04-06-2004, 05:20 PM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think lowering the gain will help. During the acceleration the blades are not being held in position by the rotating force. As the head speeds up the blades are thrown outwards. Until there is sufficient force there will be an imbalance. This is normal.

The gyro affects the tail rotor to prevent yaw. The tail rotor speed is directly related to rotor head speed. At these slow rotor head speeds the tail rotor speed is therefore low. The gyro will not be able to produce enough force from the tail, until it is up to speed, to counteract any yawing at this stage.

The answer is to avoid this band as much as possible. A slightly quicker throttle opening will limit the time spent in this phase to a minimum. As darksider says, if you are on concrete it is worse. There is not much friction between the skids and the ground so the heli will tend to spin during this acceleration. Taking off from grass is a good tip.

If these effects disappear when the head is to speed then nothing is wrong.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:04 AM
// Dual //

Very thanks ))