RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Tips & Techniques (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/tips-techniques-180/)
-   -   Plane Stand with CG balancing tool (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/tips-techniques-180/5493096-plane-stand-cg-balancing-tool.html)

Attiqs 03-01-2007 09:57 AM

Plane Stand with CG balancing tool

1 Attachment(s)
Hi

I have just finished my Al plane stand. I designed it for repairing insted of trasportation.
In the future i am going to rebuild it for transportation and for CG balancing too.

If anyone needs the plan I can send it in pdf.

The total cost is about 22 Euro so far.

Cryhavoc 03-01-2007 10:09 AM

RE: Plane Stand (Aluminium)

I'd like a copy of the plans. It looks great. Just what my workbench needs. Thanks!

[email protected]

Ed Smith 03-01-2007 11:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That looks a bit labour intensive. This is just a suggestion. I do not have plans.

Ed S

Kaos Rulz 03-01-2007 11:42 AM

Attiqs

Very nicely done!
Have you thought about putting any foam rubber around the uprights to help protect the fuse? Something on the order of pipe insulation should work great.

Attiqs 03-01-2007 12:02 PM

There is a rubber gand on the mating surfaces.

Attiqs 03-01-2007 12:04 PM

Ed Smith - you are right.

TimC 03-01-2007 12:16 PM

Nice job Attigs. The term "simple but elegant" comes to mind. I like the adjustment to vertical legs of the cradle.

Attiqs 03-10-2007 12:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi

I finished the design of the CG-balancing tool. Today I made a test version and it works properly. It is sensitive and not that easy to use than I have expected, but it works.
I used rolled-shaped PVC as the balancing arm and fitted it with a dowel srew with some play between them.
The friction between the PVC and the steel is very low so it has just a small affection to the process.
I think the inaccuracy could not be more than 1mm.

rcfury 03-11-2007 11:34 PM

RE: Plane Stand with CG balancing tool

im interested in the balancing tool. Do you just measure the distance manually then place the stand on that point? What are the dimensions?

Attiqs 03-12-2007 03:47 AM

Yes of course. I place the required CG point over the fulcrum of the CG-tool then comes the balancing.
The methode is similar like Great Planes's CG Machine. http://www.greatplanes.com/accys/gpmr2400.html
Now I am working on the drawings. After finishing I will send it to you.

rcfury 03-12-2007 05:19 PM

thanks, I do like the design. I do have the great planes CG machine and i feel really sketchy balancing my 90 size model on that thing.

jeyre 03-13-2007 11:15 AM

I use the GP CG Machine and I just balanced a 50cc Yak on it with no problem. It is a simple design that works. I like the design that Attiqs did but balancing a 90 size on the GP machine is not unreasonable.

Just my .02 worth

Kevlar 03-14-2007 03:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Attiqs

Yes of course. I place the required CG point over the fulcrum of the CG-tool then comes the balancing.
The methode is similar like Great Planes's CG Machine. http://www.greatplanes.com/accys/gpmr2400.html
Now I am working on the drawings. After finishing I will send it to you.
Very nice work! Could you send me plans as well. Thanks!

[email protected]

Attiqs 03-14-2007 01:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished the last version of the Plane Stand + CG-tool. Here are the samples:

Prop Nut 03-16-2007 01:58 PM

Hey Attiqs, I am not really interested in building one of these but I would like to say thanks for taking the time to design and post it for people. That shows what a great community RC modelers have.

mcdanman2003 06-27-2008 07:40 AM

You have done a great job on design and your plans are fantastic. If you still have the plans available, I would greatly appreciate a copy.

[email protected]

Thank you.

Tom Jones 06-27-2008 04:13 PM

Attiqs, I would love to have the plans with the cg fixture. Tom

[email protected]

w5kfg 06-29-2008 04:42 AM

Attiqs
Great job!! Could I get a set with the cg balancer
Regards
Bill B

[email protected]

Villa 06-29-2008 07:52 AM

I just noticed something on the very detailed drawings, that may have some interst to those familiar with drafting and interpreting drawings. Unfortunately I cannot remember some of the drafting terms, so please bear with me. I refer to the post of ATTIQS dated 3-14-07. The first drawing shows a front view, a side view and a bottom view. Note that the side view shows the LEFT side of the front view, and that the bottom view shows the TOP view of the front view. In Europe the projection of the three basic drafting views ) front, side and top) is opposite to the convention used in the United States. On a simple drawing like shown this will not be noticed by most people and should not be a problem. On a more complex drawing you may get the feeling that your eyes are playing tricks on you because the drawing seems to be laterally reversing in your brain. Once you understand the two conventions you will have no problem. One convention, I believe, is called left-hand projection, and the other is called, I believe, right-hand projection.

cobracalo 03-16-2010 01:58 PM

Attiqs, I would love to have the plans with the cg fixture.jean

[email protected]

bradkemper 06-01-2010 03:54 PM

I'd love to have a set of your plans if they are still available.

Thanks

[email protected]

SeamusG 06-01-2010 04:26 PM

Nice work! Glad that I have a aluminum recycler fairly close by to get some square tubing. Straight cuts, accurate holes, pop rivets - simple is a good thing.

Couple of questions. What tool did you use to create the pics in post 8 and 14? What format can be used to distribute "the plans"?

Thanks for sharing ...

Attiqs 06-02-2010 01:30 AM

Hi

I use Solid Edge to creat the plans.

I am going to sendthem soon.

Regards,

Attila

bmonnig 07-30-2010 02:57 PM

Thanks for the drawings, and taking the time to put this up!

lakerat 08-20-2010 08:56 AM

Is it too late to get a set of plans for the airplane stand with balancer

[email protected]