Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

New summits

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 08:49 AM
No Moa
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New summits

Well new to me. I bought 2 used summits. Trucks are in used shape, scratched, scuffed etc. We ran them sunday, it was cold, damp, and drizzly.
My 8 y/o loved his, we climbed mountains of dirt and rocks, he was so muddy lol. I ran mine with my 4 y/o she had a great time. And i ran my mini e revo.

What a great truck these are. Slow enough for the kids. and got some wicked power.

One quesiton. They got kind of muddy, not real bad. What is the best way to clean them? I usually wait till they dry, then blow them off with an air gun, then wipe them down on my other ones.

Any recommendations?

Thank you
Glen
Old 11-09-2010, 09:42 AM
ReaperGN

Default RE: New summits

Unless they have been tampered with anything that shouldn't get wet should be sealed in water tight cases. I have seen people drive summits like a submarine's so it can most likely handle being sprayed by a hose. You should avoid getting the motor to wet because it will need to be oiled afterwards. Just be careful with a hose and remove any sitting water with air.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:24 AM
boraboyntc3

I blow off my t maxx too with an air gun, and then spray some simple green on it and blow off again, that works....
Old 11-21-2010, 08:48 AM
bigdude191

i rinse my summit in the sink and then use wd40.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:23 PM
osidebro

I have found that if I let the mud dry on my stampede(southern calif mud) it turns to cement! I then have to use a screwdriver to chip it off. then stiff bristle brushes, water and simple green and compressed AIR. To me it is a lot easier to clean all mud be for it drys
Old 11-21-2010, 11:25 PM
osidebro

I have found that if I let the mud dry on my stampede(southern calif mud) it turns to cement! I then have to use a screwdriver to chip it off. then stiff bristle brushes, water and simple green and compressed AIR. To me it is a lot easier to clean all mud be for it drys
Old 11-21-2010, 11:28 PM
osidebro

SORRY i DOUBLE POSTED! WHAT I HAD TO SAY WAS NOT WORTH IT
Old 11-23-2010, 10:52 PM
mdlopez1

I run in muck and mud ( I love swamp'n), As soon I can, I hose it down, follow up with WD40 and since I take everything apart and domaintenanceabout every 2 weeks I have never had issues with my summit.

in 10-20 min (depending how muddy) I go from AHhhhhhh to OOoooooo

Muddy truck

Hose down

Wd 40 "protect and shine"

Old 11-24-2010, 08:05 AM
only1battman

dont worry about Traxxas electric trucks (newer models).  they are all going to be sealed shut from water.  i have a slash and i got it stuck in a large puddle and it started floating around, and when i hit the gas (or voltage) it would start to spray water everywhere.  as long as you take care of it then you dont have to worry about water at all.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:07 AM
Jgaff2

Hehe I tried te wd 40 method once after snow and then I ran through some real dusty dirt-
ORIGINAL: mdlopez1

I run in muck and mud ( I love swamp'n), As soon I can, I hose it down, follow up with WD40 and since I take everything apart and domaintenanceabout every 2 weeks I have never had issues with my summit.

in 10-20 min (depending how muddy) I go from AHhhhhhh to OOoooooo

Muddy truck

Hose down

Wd 40 "protect and shine"
Old 01-27-2011, 09:03 PM
summitfan

NNNNNIIIIICCCCEEEE