Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Brand New Revo 3.3: Tons of issues. Please help me out.

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Brand New Revo 3.3: Tons of issues. Please help me out.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 03:13 PM
jakemcdonough3.3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand New Revo 3.3: Tons of issues. Please help me out.

So I just got a new Revo 3.3 in June expecting to have myself a really cool, solid, and fast truck that I would have forever, and maybe even pass down to my kids. I did the break in procedures EXACTLY as the manual instructed. I use after run oil, and maintain my air filters by cleaning and oiling them. But immediately after finishing my break in tests, things went down hill very, VERY quickly. First issue I ran in to with my truck: Starter gears jammed up real bad, and the one way bearing jammed. The engine locked up. This happened during its first speed run on its 7th tank of fuel when I was just trying to start and tune the HSN. Turns out the screws holding the starter motor to the gearbox came loose and jammed the gears. I changed the gears and re-greased them with lithium grease. When the engine still wouldn't turn over I took it to the hobby store. The one-way bearing was jammed on its shaft. That had to be broken off and replaced. After that, the truck ran well-for about 10 minutes. After that, the slipper clutch came way loose and burnt up the pads. I rebuilt the slipper clutch and tightened it as Traxxas tech support had instructed (tightened until clutch springs are compressed, and then out 3/4 of a turn) and then slowly adjusted the clutch to my liking. After that, the spur gear tore out. I replaced the spur gear. At this point I have had the truck for a week and still haven't even been able to tune the engine to its full potential. After I replaced the spur gear, the truck ran pretty good again, for another ten minutes. The the forward/reverse gears inside the transmission stripped out. I replaced the forward/reverse gears. Soon after that, the forward/reverse servo stripped all of it's gears. When putting the servo arm back together on the tranny, I made sure that it was extended and aligned to the correct position. The servo should NOT have stripped. Shortly after that, the clutch shoe spring snapped and had to be replaced. It's been about 2 weeks at this point with my truck, if that. Since then, the truck has ran... okay at most. I'm not getting the engines full potential, mostly because the truck hasn't been working long enough to be tuned completely. It has no low end response, and it struggles to gain rpm. The most recent problem I'm having is the exhaust header keeps breaking off. I have broken 3 headers now in a week. I will fix it, the truck will run for 20 minutes, and the head will pop off its mount. I make sure the rubber cufflink isn't too tight so the muffler can flex without putting strain on the header, and I make sure that the muffler is secured to the support post on the back of the truck. What in the world is going on with this truck? Did I get a bad model? I followed everything the manual had said to do, and this thing has a new issue every few days. Someone please help me out here. I have contacted Traxxas multiple times, and they won't do a damn thing. I appreciate any advice anyone has to offer. I'm about ready to get rid of this model and get an HPI savage. But I would really rather not take a loss on all the time and money I have spent. Please note that I haven't even been able to race this car let alone bash it, even though I want to start bashing so bad. It hasn't been abused at all. I haven't even been able to tune its HSN and LSN for optimal performance. I really wanted to be able to start upgrading parts too rather than just fixing annoying little malfunctions.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:47 AM
wwit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry. Old guy here with diminishing eyesight. Break up the Wall O' Text into readable paragraphs and maybe I can help.