Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-Maxx take off problem. I'm new to nitro

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 05:53 PM
Nitro4LYFEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Maxx take off problem. I'm new to nitro

Ok so i took my truck out today , an noticed when i go to take off it kinda boggs an will die.

But if i play with the throttle abit i can save it an it will run fine. Until i stop an take off.

Once it got warm an all it wouldnt die but still bogged down some on take off.

Any advice for a newbie?

Thanks
Old 08-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Nitro4LYFEE

Bumpp
Old 08-12-2015, 04:37 AM
wwit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most likely you need to install a new glow plug. This is a common issue for new Nitro owners unfamiliar with the engines. Brand new out of the box its common to foul them just during the initial break in. The stock Traxxas plugs are okay at best. OS are the way to go. Better quality and usually less money. But depending on the tune, even OS will foul out.

IF a new plug doesn't fix it, then probably set to rich. They do come rich from the factory for break in purposes. So you will want to spend some reading time. The manual covers tuning. Read carefully and keep in mind that there is a factory default position in case you go to far with the settings. Only adjust in small increments as the manual will tell you. Having a decent infared temp reader will come in handy. Sort of a must have item to own for nitro engine tuning.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:44 AM
wwit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh and the other thought. Is that you cant just 'fire up and run WFO'. Nitro engines are cold blooded beasts. Even well tuned nitro engines need to be warmed up for a few minutes before they will burn the fuel properly. Nitro engines are also very finicky when it comes to air temp extremes and high dew points(@64 or above) levels.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:46 PM
Nitro4LYFEE

Thanks ill pick up a new plug , an also work with my tuning, thanks i appreciate it.