Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Picco 26 Max....the DARK SIDE....

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 05:37 AM
RCCanuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Picco 26 Max....the DARK SIDE....

ORIGINAL: cat samich

question for u guys, i just got what i thought was a great on an ofna picco max.26. the thing is its also got the word omega attached to it and it has a purple cooling head. my lhs had it on clearance for 135.00 so i kinda bought on impulse before i new what hit me. the block looks identical to the black and blue, but again it has a purple cooling head and the box also says omega. so what the hell did i buy? is it the same motor? anyone know the horse power rating? what about header and pipe? its going into a tmaxx if that helps. im not going to run the truck until next spring. i have alot more work to do before i can get to that point. thanks all.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odId=OMAX35640

thats what you bought right? You will need an extended chassis to make that engine fit into a Tmaxx....[:-]
Old 11-19-2008, 10:25 AM
cat samich

ORIGINAL: RCCanuck

ORIGINAL: cat samich

question for u guys, i just got what i thought was a great on an ofna picco max.26. the thing is its also got the word omega attached to it and it has a purple cooling head. my lhs had it on clearance for 135.00 so i kinda bought on impulse before i new what hit me. the block looks identical to the black and blue, but again it has a purple cooling head and the box also says omega. so what the hell did i buy? is it the same motor? anyone know the horse power rating? what about header and pipe? its going into a tmaxx if that helps. im not going to run the truck until next spring. i have alot more work to do before i can get to that point. thanks all.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odId=OMAX35640

thats what you bought right? You will need an extended chassis to make that engine fit into a Tmaxx....[:-]
no its a picco omega x2 (im at work i called the wife and made her look at the damn box haha) any who it looks exactly like the black and blue seen in this thread. what the hell did i buy? is it as good as the black and blue? i have been reading this thread and it sounds as though the ofna maxx .26 is a monster. well i only paid 135 for it so i guess maybe im on a learning curve to get a black and blue .26 maxx lol. anyway it close to whats in the link u sent. let me know what you guys think.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:59 PM
fly-r-die

Need some help guys. I keep blowing/trashing out the one way bearing. I use a roto start and the bearing I use is the one that goes on the traxxas 3.3 motor. Does anyone know why I would have to keep replacing the bearing? Is it possible the starter shaft is bad? I bought the motor used and had the motor's piston, piston rod, and sleeve replaced but that was all. Should I replace the starter shaft and if so, from which company do I get it from? I was told that the starter shaft for the traxxas 2.5/3.3 motor would work but that is false. The notch thats on the shaft is too small for the nipple that's on the piston rod. I'm getting a little miffed at this situation, so I am now looking at the Tiger Drive, but don't know anything about them.

thanks

Matt
Old 11-20-2008, 10:06 PM
cat samich

ORIGINAL: fly-r-die

Need some help guys. I keep blowing/trashing out the one way bearing. I use a roto start and the bearing I use is the one that goes on the traxxas 3.3 motor. Does anyone know why I would have to keep replacing the bearing? Is it possible the starter shaft is bad? I bought the motor used and had the motor's piston, piston rod, and sleeve replaced but that was all. Should I replace the starter shaft and if so, from which company do I get it from? I was told that the starter shaft for the traxxas 2.5/3.3 motor would work but that is false. The notch thats on the shaft is too small for the nipple that's on the piston rod. I'm getting a little miffed at this situation, so I am now looking at the Tiger Drive, but don't know anything about them.

thanks

Matt

i ran into that problem with a wasp .28 i had. i drilled a small hole in the top and bottom of the plastic pull start houseing and after every run i would spray brake parts cleaner in the top hole and let it run out the bottom. if i didnt the owb wouldnt grab the shaft very well and eventually it would stop working all together. im not sure why cleaning it helped but it did.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:22 AM
nhoj_yelbom

yeah the owb is the only problems im having out of my new picco, keeps going out $30 for ofna one ***!. the brake clean idea souds good, i was thinking the same thing
Old 12-17-2008, 07:07 AM
roach78

i used brake cleaner a while back on my owb and it ended up welding itself to the start shaft and was a pita to get off, now i use a trx 3.3 start shaft in my picco .26 works spot on no slipping
Old 12-17-2008, 01:24 PM
quadracer111
My Feedback: (1)

Im part of the dark side... Installed my new picco red dot and just cant wait for summer! What is the best rear pipe/header and glow plug for this engine?
Old 12-17-2008, 08:35 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: quadracer111

Im part of the dark side... Installed my new picco red dot and just cant wait for summer! What is the best rear pipe/header and glow plug for this engine?
Just a thought here.....however I may be way "off base" with this one; have u thought about possibly trying a THS pipe with it? Ive heard that that pipe is suppose to be a good one from several people; as for the plug, there is a slight chance that u might have to run a "turbo" plug in it....but dont quote me on that......
Old 12-17-2008, 08:50 PM
quadracer111

I was thinking of getting a ths, trinity, rd logics or that pipe that is like a $100 and you can tune with a wrench for low, top, or mid end. I cant remember the name... And i think mccoy mc9 is suppose to work good.
Most likely the ths...
Old 12-18-2008, 12:20 AM
JLRevo

Ths and a couple McCoy MC9 and you'll be good.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:05 AM
nhoj_yelbom

my owb is out..... waiting on bearing replacements to press in nut. will stock traxxas 3.3 owb work in a pinch?
Old 12-18-2008, 03:55 PM
JLRevo

Yes thats what I've been using.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:48 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: kasarn

Yes thats what I've been using.
+1!!! the stock traxxas owb should work just fine in a pinch.....
Old 12-28-2008, 11:50 PM
fabrimacator21

I have the original picco .26 maxx and just found out my crank got eaten by the owb on the tiger drive starter setup... Now it looks like I need a new crank. Anybody know where I could get the red dot crank? I need an idle screw also... just wondering where to find the parts list and where I should order from.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:57 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: fabrimacator21

I have the original picco .26 maxx and just found out my crank got eaten by the owb on the tiger drive starter setup... Now it looks like I need a new crank. Anybody know where I could get the red dot crank? I need an idle screw also... just wondering where to find the parts list and where I should order from.
Well, I would either call and/or email either amain hobbies, tower hobbies, or better yet, goto both companies and see if u can find what u are looking for. As for where to fine the parts list, im not sure of picco's web site so u might wanna try searching for it on google or one of the other search engines....good luck man......
Old 12-29-2008, 11:02 AM
JLRevo

Nitro house stocks almost anything you need. I dont know if the crank would be in stock just yet. You can email OFNA but there will refer you to nitro house. I just rebuilt my Max to get ready to sell it. I picked everything up from them. ")
Old 12-29-2008, 07:42 PM
fabrimacator21

After I tore it down I discovered that I needed the starter shaft that hooks to the crank not the actual crank. Nitro house is the shiznat, got everything I needed and cheap.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:22 AM
JLRevo

Old 12-30-2008, 08:53 PM
JLRevo

ORIGINAL: fabrimacator21

JL Reddot Crankaft p/n 51358 list price $115.95
Old 12-30-2008, 09:10 PM
fabrimacator21

I decided to sell the .26 maxx and go with the picco p3 .28 with the fastlane machine bb kit (lighter then stock chassis and longer for stability). Found a picco p3 .28 brand new on ebay for $150.[sm=bananahead.gif] I figured its either 115 for the crank and a little more power or 270 for the bb and kit. I'm selling the .26 maxx on ebay. I needed a longer chassis anyway... the .26 maxx had that thing upside down more times then I could count and at high speed on dirt it was damn near uncontrollable from being so twitchy (2.5 chassis)
Old 12-30-2008, 10:28 PM
nitrorcjunkie

Wow. I can't believe this thread is still alive......much like my .26 MAX, blue head. 4 plus gallons thru it, over 2 years since I broke it in. Had to replace idle stop screw, and got a set of Boca bearings in it. I was a participant in this thread since the beginning- garnered a lot of good info on this particular motor. Still get out and tear around the park with my T-Maxx. Can't hardly call it a T-Maxx,tho-the only things still stock are the tranny case, diff cases and bulks.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:31 PM
crawlernate

Do you still need to seal up the .26 reddot?
Old 12-30-2008, 10:57 PM
JLRevo

ORIGINAL: crawlernate

Do you still need to seal up the .26 reddot?
I havent. Only 8 tanks tho. Running like a champ. All this P3 talk, is making me curious. I get paid friday but the Reddot isnt broken in yet. As long as 'm around this tread will be too. Any Picco question is a PM away.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:46 PM
quadracer111

I have not sealed up my red dot but have not ran it yet. I hope i dont have too... I have to see how the stock drivetrain holds up first [X(] Hope it does. Would i be better off with stronger diffs or a steel gear tranny?
Old 12-30-2008, 11:48 PM
fabrimacator21

word up to that... I saw a video of a p3 revo that did 65 on a radar gun. That was ab drag modded but still... Since I've already bulletproofed the drivetrain for the .26 why not go p3 .28? Wheelies in 2nd gear on demand. sorry I'm getting antsy....[sm=shades_smile.gif][sm=confused_smile.gif][sm=48_48.gif]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.